Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ohio College Coaching Salaries
Bookmark and Share
Bcatbog Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of Cincy
Ohio College Coaching Salaries
http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/ind...ing.html#0

Shows CTT and CMC making over $3 million. I thought they were at just over 2.

03-29-2016 08:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Ohio College Coaching Salaries
Jemelle Elliott is the second highest paid women's basketball coach in Ohio despite reigning over the 7th best women's basketball program in Ohio by wins.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2016 08:50 AM by BearcatMan.)
03-29-2016 08:49 AM
AeroCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(03-29-2016 08:49 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Jemelle Elliott is the second highest paid women's basketball coach in Ohio despite reigning over the 7th best women's basketball program in Ohio by wins.

So, we decided not to can her after this abysmal season?

03-29-2016 08:52 AM
Advertisement

Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
So our basketball coach makes more than our football coach?

03-29-2016 08:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(03-29-2016 08:49 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Jemelle Elliott is the second highest paid women's basketball coach in Ohio despite reigning over the 7th best women's basketball program in Ohio by wins.

When Whit Babcock gave her a raise and extended her contract a few years ago it was commensurate with what the coaches in the Big East were making.

I think the only reason she continues to be employed by UC is that the AD budget is so tight right now they can't afford to pay two coaches right now (new coach + her buyout).

03-29-2016 09:23 AM
Advertisement

Bcatbog Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of Cincy
(03-29-2016 09:23 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

When Whit Babcock gave her a raise and extended her contract a few years ago it was commensurate with what the coaches in the Big East were making.

I think the only reason she continues to be employed by UC is that the AD budget is so tight right now they can't afford to pay two coaches right now (new coach + her buyout).

Since it likely does not impact revenue - not winning is not such a big deal.

03-29-2016 09:37 AM
Tim Johnson Offline
2nd String

I Root For: cincinnati
The average working person would be enthused to make 200,000 a year. It's amazing how much coaches make.

03-29-2016 10:48 AM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(03-29-2016 10:48 AM)Tim Johnson Wrote:  The average working person would be enthused to make 200,000 a year. It's amazing how much coaches make.

To be fair, they are the elite in their profession. There's probably tens of thousands of coaches in Ohio - high school, AAU, college, minor leagues, pro. Including pro coaches, less than 100 of them make 200k.

Additionally, on average they have shorter careers at the top than most people. How many on this list were making over 100k 10 years ago? I'd guess less than 10 of them. And they can't stick around long enough to be eligible to collect a pension or to lock in the employer's 401k/403b contributions. They're either fired or move up the ladder.

03-30-2016 02:09 PM
Tim Johnson Offline
2nd String

I Root For: cincinnati
(03-30-2016 02:09 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  
(03-29-2016 10:48 AM)Tim Johnson Wrote:  The average working person would be enthused to make 200,000 a year. It's amazing how much coaches make.

To be fair, they are the elite in their profession. There's probably tens of thousands of coaches in Ohio - high school, AAU, college, minor leagues, pro. Including pro coaches, less than 100 of them make 200k.

Additionally, on average they have shorter careers at the top than most people. How many on this list were making over 100k 10 years ago? I'd guess less than 10 of them. And they can't stick around long enough to be eligible to collect a pension or to lock in the employer's 401k/403b contributions. They're either fired or move up the ladder.

Hey if they can make that much money for coaching, more power to them. It would be nice if you could make that kind of income in other professions also.

03-31-2016 12:22 PM
Advertisement

QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
(03-31-2016 12:22 PM)Tim Johnson Wrote:  

Hey if they can make that much money for coaching, more power to them. It would be nice if you could make that kind of income in other professions also.

It is very possible.

03-31-2016 12:46 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(03-31-2016 12:46 PM)QSECOFR Wrote:  
(03-31-2016 12:22 PM)Tim Johnson Wrote:  

It is very possible.

Indeed. Most professions will pay much more than 200k to the top performers. Certainly not all, although coaching is unique in that it's one of the few jobs where the vast majority of hires are made by the government and yet still offers high pay to top performers.

03-31-2016 04:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.