Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Joe Jackson
Bookmark and Share
UofMTigerFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Conservatives
Joe Jackson
Joe Jackson is owed a huge apology and a huge debt of gratitude from all the fans. He clearly was the main reason we remained somewhat relevant.

He is owed an even larger apology by JP. Joe should have been given the reigns like Napier @ UCONN. He was asked sacrifice his game for the vision of a talentless coach. He bled Tiger blue coming in & deserved so much better.

I feel worse for him than any kid that has every worn a Tiger uniform.
03-28-2016 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
RE: Joe Jackson
(03-28-2016 03:31 PM)UofMTigerFan Wrote:  Joe Jackson is owed a huge apology and a huge debt of gratitude from all the fans. He clearly was the main reason we remained somewhat relevant.

He is owed an even larger apology by JP. Joe should have been given the reigns like Napier @ UCONN. He was asked sacrifice his game for the vision of a talentless coach. He bled Tiger blue coming in & deserved so much better.

Pastner's treatment of Joe (his frosh year) revealed all I ever needed to know about Josh as a coach.
03-28-2016 03:36 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Remember when he & Chris were the problem...we were going to be better (addition by subtraction)
03-28-2016 03:37 PM
TigerPhil Offline
Banned

(03-28-2016 03:31 PM)UofMTigerFan Wrote:  Joe Jackson is owed a huge apology and a huge debt of gratitude from all the fans. He clearly was the main reason we remained somewhat relevant.

I agree. Here's to Joe 04-cheers 04-clap2

Were there any posters back then who stood up for Joe?
03-28-2016 03:38 PM
GR82BATIGER Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

100% this!!!
03-28-2016 03:46 PM
80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
"Thread Title of the Year" Candidate ...
03-28-2016 03:47 PM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(03-28-2016 03:38 PM)TigerPhil Wrote:  

http://csnbbs.com/thread-543720.html

The mouth breathers are exposed.

Good to see NCRDBl1 was just as clueless 5 years ago. JLB had a lot to say, too.

This one, too.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-557917.html
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 03:53 PM by salukiblue.)
03-28-2016 03:52 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(03-28-2016 03:52 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  

Good to see NCRDBl1 was just as clueless 5 years ago. JLB had a lot to say, too.

This one, too.

Glad to see I was Team Joe.

I always hate when people bring up old threads cause I've said some stupid **** on here.
03-28-2016 03:54 PM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

During JJ's senior year I constantly repeated that he was one of the most under-appreciated players in Tiger history. Unfortunately, he got the very raw end of a bad deal...
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 03:55 PM by Tygrys.)
03-28-2016 03:54 PM
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
LOL - nascar's been throwing players under the bus for a long time it appears.
03-28-2016 03:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
(03-28-2016 03:52 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  

This one, too.

Lots of folks with strikes through their names in that thread.
03-28-2016 04:09 PM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
I always stood up for Joe, but I lived on Roar. To me it was a no brainer.

When folks tried to throw him under the bus for the transfer rumor, I remember WMBD and I wouldn't have it. Through it all, though, it was hard not to cringe when Pastner used him like a yo-yo.

Joe Jackson has always been and will always remain in my heart. From the moment I saw him play before he put on a Tiger uni, through his time with us..and during his struggle to make it work in Summer league...

He came into our program malnourished, btw. Some say he did not practice like he could have in highschool, but he was not fed like he should have been, either.

04-cheers to Joe. Let's not use him to get at Pastner now, though. It lessens the worth of Joe Jackson as a human being. lol
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 04:23 PM by snowtiger.)
03-28-2016 04:21 PM
450bench Offline

I have never been a fan of Joe Jackson. Never. But I think I was wrong about some of my thoughts on him as his career progressed. I was still on the Josh train for some of that time, obviously a moronic thought process on my part there too.
Hindsight says Joe excelled in spite of his coach. Kudos to him. He's a better man than I would have been under those circumstances. No doubt.
03-28-2016 04:29 PM
wylioats Offline
Heisman

Yes, Joe was one of my favorite players. At the time, my season tix were in section 103 where the players families sit. Talking to some of the people who knew and cared for Joe personally wanted him outta here and to get away from Pastner. I was told by a family member that Pastner has killed all confidence in the kid, and even though he grew up always wanting to be a Tiger, he wanted to be as far away from Pastner as he could get and was going to transfer. Thankfully Mr. Leonard Draper stepped in, Talked to Joe, and talked him out of transferring. Pastner is a f**king Joke, Joe isn't the only player that's had issues with Pastner, just ask any of the 17 players who've transferred and you'll know the real reason why. The sad part is, Pastner thinks everything is rosy and no different here than what's going on at other schools. The man has every reason and excuse with never looking in the mirror to get the real reason this program is a train wreck. Thanks Josh, you're killing the program and are too f**king stupid to realize it.
03-28-2016 06:18 PM
Crazier Offline
All American

I've always said it was the players or JP during Joe Jackson years but I always knew we were front court depth away from being really good. We got some front depth and still underachieved so I knew JP couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.
03-28-2016 06:41 PM
CoachJammer Offline
Bench Warmer

My problem was not just that Joe was a player who needed to be "coached up" but instead, was losing confidence, but CJP never completely gave him the reigns and did what I believe is the reason some are transferring even now. He brought in players like Michael Dixon that played the game similar to Joe which basically said to Joe, "we're not good enough with you at the helm." I believe the "4 Kings" thing was great for CJP's recruiting resume but not good for Joe Jackson.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 06:58 PM by CoachJammer.)
03-28-2016 06:57 PM
Advertisement

UofMTigerFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Conservatives
Joe Jackson
Joe is a top 10 PG at our school. One day people will look back and realize just how great he really was.
03-28-2016 08:52 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-28-2016 06:18 PM)wylioats Wrote:  

Yes, Joe was one of my favorite players. At the time, my season tix were in section 103 where the players families sit. Talking to some of the people who knew and cared for Joe personally wanted him outta here and to get away from Pastner. I was told by a family member that Pastner has killed all confidence in the kid, and even though he grew up always wanting to be a Tiger, he wanted to be as far away from Pastner as he could get and was going to transfer. Thankfully Mr. Leonard Draper stepped in, Talked to Joe, and talked him out of transferring. Pastner is a f**king Joke, Joe isn't the only player that's had issues with Pastner, just ask any of the 17 players who've transferred and you'll know the real reason why. The sad part is, Pastner thinks everything is rosy and no different here than what's going on at other schools. The man has every reason and excuse with never looking in the mirror to get the real reason this program is a train wreck. Thanks Josh, you're killing the program and are too f**king stupid to realize it.

well stated

pretty simple
03-28-2016 09:04 PM
Psicosis Online
Remain in Light

Crappies
King of Memphis, CC3 = Forever Tigers Legends

They deserved so much more.
03-29-2016 05:38 AM
memphis88 Offline
Heisman

(03-28-2016 06:57 PM)CoachJammer Wrote:  

My problem was not just that Joe was a player who needed to be "coached up" but instead, was losing confidence, but CJP never completely gave him the reigns and did what I believe is the reason some are transferring even now. He brought in players like Michael Dixon that played the game similar to Joe which basically said to Joe, "we're not good enough with you at the helm." I believe the "4 Kings" thing was great for CJP's recruiting resume but not good for Joe Jackson.

Joe didn't need to be coached up and he only lost confidence because Pastner is an idiot. If Pastner had let Joe be himself from Day 1, then both Joe and the team would've really benefited. Instead he tried to force him to play a certain way and pulled him quickly when he didn't like what Joe was doing. I loved Joe and hate that Pastner never allowed him to play to his true potential while at the U of M.
03-29-2016 08:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.