Open TigerLinks

Footballs seat selection
Bookmark and Share
mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
Footballs seat selection
Here is a note from my buddy. We have had seats in sec 119 row 15 for many years. read on....

"SO
My co-worker, who USED to sit on the first row, mostly directly across from us, on the other side, has been evicted to +30 or so rows up.
He had 6 seats together, he now has 4 together, and 2 more, in the neighborhood.
He sez most all the seatbacks are sold; there were a few seatbacks available near the endzones.
His apt was this past Saturday.
He sez it was ugly. Angry 25+yr boosters losing their seats; many of them storming out and not renewing."
03-28-2016 08:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: Footballs seat selection
good to see demand going up.
03-28-2016 08:58 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Maybe we are becoming a football school after all
03-28-2016 09:01 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
I had a feeling this would happen. We've had seats for years but moved down the season Porter was fired. We sat next to a couple who has had tickets since the liberty bowl opened. They don't go to basketball games at all. I am willing to bet they didn't get their longtime seats back.

The issue is that the university didn't use a point system based upon how many years seats were held in combination with donation level. TSF donors (read bball folks) like me went right to the top of the list. With the mess that is tiger basketball and a hopeful horizon and recent success in football, folks added tickets. Combine this with fewer seats and this left many longtime football season ticket holders without seats in the seatback section.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 09:27 AM by tiger2000.)
03-28-2016 09:17 AM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Texas A&M did this to some big boosters who had paid $30,000 for guarantee seating. When they renovated KYLE FIELD they moved their seats to a lesser area. Since they said they had a contract for those specific seats, these A&M alums sued A&M for breach of contract.
03-28-2016 09:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

You would think being part of the "4100 club" would guarentee prime seating

Guess not huh?
03-28-2016 09:30 AM
Advertisement

tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

What's more is that I basically got my same football seats this year having only had those particular seats since 2011 and I dropped my TSF donation this year.

So my TSF donations basically served me to maintain my football seats. I'm willing to bet others used their TSF status to get better (seatback section) seats and are dropping their TSF (bball) donation as well.
03-28-2016 09:36 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(03-28-2016 09:36 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  What's more is that I basically got my same football seats this year having only had those particular seats since 2011 and I dropped my TSF donation this year.

So my TSF donations basically served me to maintain my football seats. I'm willing to bet others used their TSF status to get better (seatback section) seats and are dropping their TSF (bball) donation as well.

I know someone that did this exact same thing. Someone that never bought tickets until last season. One of them evil bassetball fans
03-28-2016 10:21 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

(03-28-2016 10:21 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  
(03-28-2016 09:36 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  What's more is that I basically got my same football seats this year having only had those particular seats since 2011 and I dropped my TSF donation this year.

I know someone that did this exact same thing. Someone that never bought tickets until last season. One of them evil bassetball fans

I was wondering if you could have gamed the system by buying the lowest TSF donation in basketball and then getting in on the seatback section appointment list.

It just worked out randomly for us that this was the year we dropped TSF donations and our seats were effected.
03-28-2016 10:32 AM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(03-28-2016 09:30 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  You would think being part of the "4100 club" would guarentee prime seating

Guess not huh?

Yep. Thanks for supporting us through the lean years now pay up or GTFO.

There are plenty of good seats at the LB though and personally I like sitting somewhere between the 30's about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up so that I can look down on the field and see things developing.

That's just me.
03-28-2016 10:34 AM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

As painful as it is for some, this is progress, and that's a good thing.
03-28-2016 10:41 AM
Advertisement

tigergreen Offline

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(03-28-2016 10:41 AM)UofMark Wrote:  As painful as it is for some, this is progress, and that's a good thing.

Yep.

I haven't made the decision on dropping bball tix this year or not, but my seating appointment was over 10 days ago, thanks to TSF donations.

I was one of the ones whose seats no longer existed, but we were also adding a seat, so we moved up & out of the chairback section.
03-28-2016 10:49 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-28-2016 10:41 AM)UofMark Wrote:  As painful as it is for some, this is progress, and that's a good thing.

I totally agree. Tiger football has been far too cheap for many years. I say this as a man recently retired and living on a modest fixed income who has held season tickets since the early 70's. Even if someday I can no longer afford season tickets at all, as long as the stadium is full, I will be delighted and able to die happy and fulfilled. Ask not what the Blue & Gray can do for you, but what YOU can do for the Blue & Gray.
03-28-2016 11:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mphsfan Offline
Unapologetic Supporter

I Root For: Memphis &

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
It was much worse when we moved to the Pyramid from the Coliseum.
03-28-2016 11:08 AM
tiger27 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(03-28-2016 08:52 AM)mapdude Wrote:  Here is a note from my buddy. We have had seats in sec 119 row 15 for many years. read on....

"SO
My co-worker, who USED to sit on the first row, mostly directly across from us, on the other side, has been evicted to +30 or so rows up.
He had 6 seats together, he now has 4 together, and 2 more, in the neighborhood.
He sez most all the seatbacks are sold; there were a few seatbacks available near the endzones.
His apt was this past Saturday.
He sez it was ugly. Angry 25+yr boosters losing their seats; many of them storming out and not renewin

Are you saying most are sold on both sides of the stadium?
03-28-2016 11:09 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
My story. lol. Family and I are diehard BB fans. I have been flying 2500 miles for Memphis Madness and some BB games for many many years.

But, in support of the program last year, I bought 2 season FB tickets, which wound up now in seatback section. Never used those seats anyway. Gave them away to folks here and bought more tickets when I flew in. Truthfully, that's no great loss to the program.

This year I'll just float on somebody else's FB tickets--someone who buys them every year. He and his buddy have also been buying season BB tickets that include TSF donation....this year neither one is buying season BB tickets that include TSF donation.

Sign me basketball fan who is disappointed discouraged and disheartened. Each day I think about deleting myself from Roar and here. Any ideas I had about encountering the thread I'd like to see have dwindled. Gawking at trainwrecks is unsatisfying. lol
peaceout
03-28-2016 11:21 AM
Advertisement

Matt4Memphis Offline
2nd String

According to TSF, existing ticket holders in the affected areas were not able to add to their current allotment. If you already owned 2 seats, all you could select were a max qty of 2.
03-28-2016 11:22 AM
covertocoverarlington Offline
Water Engineer

(03-28-2016 11:22 AM)Matt4Memphis Wrote:  According to TSF, existing ticket holders in the affected areas were not able to add to their current allotment. If you already owned 2 seats, all you could select were a max qty of 2.

Yup I tried to add 2 and got told I had to wait until reseating was completely done.
03-28-2016 11:25 AM
Beetlejuice Offline
Bench Warmer

I've called about renewing my season football tix. Told me to call back end of month of first of April. Our seats weren't affected but we want to move closer to the 50. Got lots of available cash now that we're not renewing basketball. Hope to pick some good seats in a few weeks.
03-28-2016 11:29 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(03-28-2016 10:34 AM)bluebacker Wrote:  
(03-28-2016 09:30 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  You would think being part of the "4100 club" would guarentee prime seating

Guess not huh?

Yep. Thanks for supporting us through the lean years now pay up or GTFO.

There are plenty of good seats at the LB though and personally I like sitting somewhere between the 30's about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up so that I can look down on the field and see things developing.

That's just me.

There isn't a bad seat at the LB IMO. The only time that I've sat in my actual seats is when we've played Ole Miss or UT
03-28-2016 11:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.