Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Spring game Saturday
Bookmark and Share
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
Spring game Saturday
Things I am looking for: Boone should start the first series. We need to acknowledge that he is our best back.

Strong look at all defensive positions. This should be our best defense in the past 3+ years. Linebackers should be strong, Defensive line and Defensive Backs should be serviceable.

Will Pickney be an every down corner back. Good height and strong run support, but will he get lost in the passing game.

How will the oline look. How many legitimate players do we have.

Will Gunnar look hands down better than other qb candidates like he did two years ago.

Do we scale back our passing game or are we reloading with our current crop of receivers. Cole has been clutch and I know the others are talented, but experience is very important.

The special teams should be good.

Overall, short of shooting ourselves in the foot, we should have a top notch team this year.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2016 06:39 AM by rosewater.)
03-24-2016 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcat Otto Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Spring game Saturday
The spring game is next Saturday, right? April 2.

03-24-2016 09:42 PM
UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
Spring game Saturday
(03-24-2016 09:42 PM)Bearcat Otto Wrote:  The spring game is next Saturday, right? April 2.

Correct

03-24-2016 09:49 PM
crex043 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
If someone not wearing a helmet is calling plays for the defense, we should relish in that small victory.

03-25-2016 01:25 AM
Brian_Johnson Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
I'm really worried about the OL, but sounds like Grimes will be capable of putting something together.

03-25-2016 05:29 AM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

My mistake. I thought the game was tomorrow.

03-25-2016 06:38 AM
Advertisement

Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
[Image: b2ap3_thumbnail_spring.jpg]

FYI

03-28-2016 09:37 AM
AeroCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(shrug)

Sorry, but I'm feeling pretty apathetic about UC sports in general.

03-28-2016 12:33 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(03-24-2016 09:22 PM)rosewater Wrote:  Things I am looking for: Boone should start the first series. We need to acknowledge that he is our best back.

Strong look at all defensive positions. This should be our best defense in the past 3+ years. Linebackers should be strong, Defensive line and Defensive Backs should be serviceable.

Will Pickney be an every down corner back. Good height and strong run support, but will he get lost in the passing game.

Will Gunnar look hands down better than other qb candidates like he did two years ago.

Do we scale back our passing game or are we reloading with our current crop of receivers. Cole has been clutch and I know the others are talented, but experience is very important.

Overall, short of shooting ourselves in the foot, we should have a top notch team this year.

You are addressing the same questions I have for this season. I have a feeling this team will be much more balanced than what we have seen the past two seasons-- we might even be more like 55/45 run. I think this offense we finally showcase both Boone and Tion Green. Tion is more of a down hill runner and this will suit him well.

Am expecting to see a lot more usage out of the tight ends. Expect to see DJ Dowdy to have a break out season.

Last year the defense was just ate up with injuries. The good news is that we have back a lot of young pups who got significant minutes last year. Have to think we will not be so misfortunate on the injury front this year.

03-28-2016 01:27 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I am contemplating making the trip into Cincy for the tour and the game. I just want to watch our guys play football...and win.

03-28-2016 01:32 PM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(03-28-2016 01:32 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  I am contemplating making the trip into Cincy for the tour and the game. I just want to watch our guys play football...and win.

The tour of the West Pavilion is worth it in itself . At least the one I took in December we had access to all levels to snoop around. There's a UC Baseball game at 6pm as well . Knowing UC's luck it will be raining and 40 degrees

03-28-2016 03:00 PM
Advertisement

rosewater Offline
Heisman

(03-28-2016 01:27 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(03-24-2016 09:22 PM)rosewater Wrote:  Things I am looking for: Boone should start the first series. We need to acknowledge that he is our best back.

You are addressing the same questions I have for this season. I have a feeling this team will be much more balanced than what we have seen the past two seasons-- we might even be more like 55/45 run. I think this offense we finally showcase both Boone and Tion Green. Tion is more of a down hill runner and this will suit him well.

Am expecting to see a lot more usage out of the tight ends. Expect to see DJ Dowdy to have a break out season.

Last year the defense was just ate up with injuries. The good news is that we have back a lot of young pups who got significant minutes last year. Have to think we will not be so misfortunate on the injury front this year.

I agree. The defense will be much better. My breakout player this year is Jaylin Minor. My last two predictions have been abysmal (Mike Tyson/Pickney). I thought he ran and had better instincts than the freshman linebacker, last year. Among Brown, Pickney, Stevens, and the dude from Arkansas, we should be better at corner. Safeties and defensive line should also be slightly better with Silverberry as the only significant loss. Season is gonna turn on offensive line play and coaching. My question is, can the football operation run w/o a fully participating head coach. My hope is that the assistant coaches can reenergize this team in spite of the head coach. I like all the current hires and they seem to be molding the team around its abilities(a good thing not a bunch of idealists).

03-28-2016 04:23 PM
AeroCat Offline
1st String

Looks like Tubs is doing some hands on work. Not being a jerk. I just didn't think he did much of the sausage making.

[Image: Ceu2AXQXIAANBba.jpg:large]

03-29-2016 12:53 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
Re: RE: Spring game Saturday
(03-29-2016 12:53 PM)AeroCat Wrote:  Looks like Tubs is doing some hands on work. Not being a jerk. I just didn't think he did much of the sausage making.

Well, he is pretty much the DC right now.

03-29-2016 01:36 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
(03-29-2016 01:36 PM)subflea Wrote:  
(03-29-2016 12:53 PM)AeroCat Wrote:  Looks like Tubs is doing some hands on work. Not being a jerk. I just didn't think he did much of the sausage making.

Well, he is pretty much the DC right now.

I watched "The U Part II" on 30 for 30 recently and saw his defense in action. He was the s#it back then.

03-29-2016 01:51 PM
AeroCat Offline
1st String

(03-29-2016 01:51 PM)Crewdogz Wrote:  I watched "The U Part II" on 30 for 30 recently and saw his defense in action. He was the s#it back then.

Are there any head coaches out there or in the past who have been the DC for their team? Maybe like some NFL head coaches have an OC, but the HC calls all of the plays.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2016 02:25 PM by AeroCat.)
03-29-2016 02:16 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

That's what happens when you see season tickets down due to another crap season. It's called the hot seat.

03-29-2016 06:01 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(03-28-2016 04:23 PM)rosewater Wrote:  I agree. The defense will be much better. My breakout player this year is Jaylin Minor. My last two predictions have been abysmal (Mike Tyson/Pickney). I thought he ran and had better instincts than the freshman linebacker, last year. Among Brown, Pickney, Stevens, and the dude from Arkansas, we should be better at corner. Safeties and defensive line should also be slightly better with Silverberry as the only significant loss. Season is gonna turn on offensive line play and coaching. My question is, can the football operation run w/o a fully participating head coach. My hope is that the assistant coaches can reenergize this team in spite of the head coach. I like all the current hires and they seem to be molding the team around its abilities(a good thing not a bunch of idealists).

As far as on field impact goes, we lost Silverberry a season and a half ago.

03-29-2016 06:04 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
the good news is, I have heard nothing but good things about the new coaches...from players and observers alike. So we got that going for us.

03-29-2016 06:07 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-29-2016 06:07 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  the good news is, I have heard nothing but good things about the new coaches...from players and observers alike. So we got that going for us.

03-29-2016 06:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.