Prized signee Charlie Moore still plans to play for Memphis
Bookmark and Share
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Prized signee Charlie Moore still plans to play for Memphis
Nice 04-cheers >

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/t...80961.html

... “Right now that’s the plan. He wants to play for Josh (Pastner). He wants to play for Memphis. He wants to help lead the city of Memphis to a Final Four or national championship,” Moore’s high school coach, Nick Irvin, said Thursday. “That’s always been his goal and that’s always been what he’s been talking to me about from Day 1. He don’t have a problem with Josh. He wants to play for Josh. That’s the good thing about it....
03-24-2016 08:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

RE: Prized signee Charlie Moore still plans to play for Memphis
Not the best look when the media is asking a player if he still plans to stick with his commitment.

That being said, I like his attitude. I have high hopes for this guy.
03-24-2016 08:58 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-24-2016 08:58 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  Not the best look when the media is asking a player if he still plans to stick with his commitment.

Well the guy who recruited him left --- the question makes sense.
03-24-2016 09:00 PM
TigerPhil Offline
Banned

(03-24-2016 09:00 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  
(03-24-2016 08:58 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  Not the best look when the media is asking a player if he still plans to stick with his commitment.

Well, I'll tell you what doesn't make sense. Sending a kid to play for Josh Pastner who has a long history of not getting along with quality players. Look no further than Joe Jackson, Austin Nichols, Nick King, Tarik Black, Kuran Iverson, Pookie Powell....and on and on it goes.
03-24-2016 09:07 PM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
I'm glad for the good news. I think the kid can play and we need all the players we can get. Get him in here, maybe D Lawson stays, Woodson decides to stick around and at least we'll have a roster with a fighting chance. Without those three we really were looking at a losing season.
03-24-2016 09:11 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-24-2016 09:07 PM)TigerPhil Wrote:  

Well, I'll tell you what doesn't make sense. Sending a kid to play for Josh Pastner who has a long history of not getting along with quality players. Look no further than Joe Jackson, Austin Nichols, Nick King, Tarik Black, Kuran Iverson, Pookie Powell....and on and on it goes.

Well email the coach - and tell him for the love of god don't send any players to Memphis. Then tell him you're a fan who posts on MemphisTigers.org - he'll understand -
03-24-2016 09:13 PM
Advertisement

HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
Hopefully Josh leaves him alone and let's him ball.
03-24-2016 09:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ncrdbl1 Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Most likely wondered why he was being asked such an asinine question.

Image of program is far different outside of Memphis.
03-24-2016 09:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
Josh Pastner could cheat, pay every player, get the top two high school players from every position and be 2 deep & all those players stay a full 4 years and he'd
Never make it to the final 4 with them and in the end only maybe one would get drafted. That's how bad of coach he is.
03-24-2016 09:29 PM
CoachJammer Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-24-2016 08:46 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Nice 04-cheers >

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/t...80961.html

... “Right now that’s the plan. He wants to play for Josh (Pastner). He wants to play for Memphis. He wants to help lead the city of Memphis to a Final Four or national championship,” Moore’s high school coach, Nick Irvin, said Thursday. “That’s always been his goal and that’s always been what he’s been talking to me about from Day 1. He don’t have a problem with Josh. He wants to play for Josh. That’s the good thing about it....

I don't want to be a pessimist about something that should be good news for the program but Jason Smith's words in the second sentence worry me a little - "And for now it appears ..." The coach's words worry me a little also - "Right now that's the plan". Seems to imply something could change.
03-24-2016 09:30 PM
450bench Offline

Time will tell.
03-24-2016 09:33 PM
Advertisement

80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

I wouldn't get too attached.
03-24-2016 09:37 PM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
Seriously, if Lebron James, Anthony Davis and steph curry were 18 again and signed with Pastner, knowing what we all know about Pastners past, would any of us be excited? I say we'd still not get 5k butts on average in the seats next season
03-24-2016 09:50 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

(03-24-2016 09:50 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  Seriously, if Lebron James, Anthony Davis and steph curry were 18 again and signed with Pastner, knowing what we all know about Pastners past, would any of us be excited? I say we'd still not get 5k butts on average in the seats next season

you say a lot of asinine things
03-24-2016 09:59 PM
ItsDude Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I've seen Charlie Moore play about 3 times and I love the guy's game. Hope he and Dedric are Tigers next year.
03-24-2016 10:08 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Bless his heart
03-24-2016 10:13 PM
Advertisement

Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-24-2016 09:50 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  Seriously, if Lebron James, Anthony Davis and steph curry were 18 again and signed with Pastner, knowing what we all know about Pastners past, would any of us be excited? I say we'd still not get 5k butts on average in the seats next season

I, for one, would be jacked.
03-24-2016 10:37 PM
Smith Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
(03-24-2016 09:29 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  Josh Pastner could cheat, pay every player, get the top two high school players from every position and be 2 deep & all those players stay a full 4 years and he'd
Never make it to the final 4 with them and in the end only maybe one would get drafted. That's how bad of coach he is.

This was in the St. Louis newspaper and applies to this board

"College sports fan bases can be an ugly bunch. Once their program enjoys some success, a sense of entitlement quickly settles in.

Many of these people — including the ones writing big checks to the athletic department — have no sense of perspective. They have no appreciation for the intensity of competition at the major college level.

They believe their program should win more, more and more. They ignore the fact rival programs are also throwing millions into their operations and demand more, more and more from their coaches"
03-24-2016 10:51 PM
TigerPhil Offline
Banned

(03-24-2016 09:13 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  
(03-24-2016 09:07 PM)TigerPhil Wrote:  

Well email the coach - and tell him for the love of god don't send any players to Memphis. Then tell him you're a fan who posts on MemphisTigers.org - he'll understand -

God is always spelled with a capital G. If I was going to contact the kids' coach, I actually would make a phone call to his school. Forget an email. And about me being a Tiger fan that posts on this board....Funny thing is you're a Tiger fan who happens to post on Memphistigers.org too. Isn't that odd? Seems you have been on this board a long time with lots of posts. And what's wrong with that, the board is cool and a fun place.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2016 08:59 AM by TigerPhil.)
03-24-2016 10:52 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

It would take 5k to get your butt in a seat if those 3 were on the roster doesn't matter who the coach is
03-24-2016 10:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.