Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MTSU Federal Investigation
Bookmark and Share
SouthernMissSNu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
MTSU Federal Investigation
Jeeze another CUSA program under an investigation...

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/college/.../82221886/
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2016 04:37 PM by SouthernMissSNu.)
03-24-2016 04:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
RE: MTSU Federal Investigation
Paging Saint TBL? What he gets with his rants on WKU lately.....Any wrong doings by WKU are small compared to this, good luck MTSU...Be careful in that glass house is moral of the story here when throwing stones yourself....
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2016 04:37 PM by WKUFan518.)
03-24-2016 04:33 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
I am afraid that this is going to be pandemic. Even if they find no wrongdoings at either MTSU or even at TENN, the bad press and excruciatingly long process of proving their innocence is going to make Schools far more gun shy and more conservative in their sports funding. When you deal with issues like these the School is always guilty until proven innocent.
03-24-2016 04:41 PM
Jacque Offline
Special Teams

I hope that nothing comes of this as it could be really bad for MT.

However, the evil side of me enjoys this solely from the standpoint of maybe it will silence the few (maybe one) poster who takes every opportunity to slam WKU, even if his "facts" are wrong. You know who you are.

Once again, I really hope that this is a tempest in a teapot and very little comes of it.
03-24-2016 04:42 PM
theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(03-24-2016 04:33 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Paging Saint TBL? What he gets with his rants on WKU lately.....Any wrong doings by WKU are small compared to this, good luck MTSU...Be careful in that glass house is moral of the story here when throwing stones yourself....

Yep. A butt-hurt fired employee (see Peck, Matt) with an axe to grind - and even threatened as much on Twitter the day he got fired - is soooo much worse than what WKU did.

For the longest time, the only thing we were good at was women's sports. Our WBB still has nicer stuff than the men.

This is absolute BS and nothing but a waste of tax-payer money.

It's nothing like what is going at SPWKU
03-24-2016 04:45 PM
Jacque Offline
Special Teams

It is always a disgruntled employee as MT would never do anything wrong. I amend my previous statement. It is not one poster, but two, who thinks that WKU does nithing right while their own program is pure as the driven snow.
03-24-2016 04:47 PM
Advertisement

TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

It is a shame when one person can bring such a large scale investigation down on a school.

Let's hope for a quick and proper resolution to this story.
03-24-2016 05:11 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Well, Tennessee Vols are accused of sexual assaults, so MTSU gets investigated. The way the system works.
03-24-2016 05:45 PM
TeKERaider Offline
1st String

I Root For: MTSU
Old news. Just a disgruntled employee. He promised to do this the day he got fired. If you google it you will find several articles about our internal investigation when he got fired. We have had extremely sucessful women's sports. I seriously doubt we would be able to recruit at that level if our resources weren't in line with peers.
03-24-2016 06:14 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
Maybe we can stop slamming each other and realize each school is capable of having bad apples and 18-22 year old kids do stupid things.
03-24-2016 06:22 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
(03-24-2016 06:14 PM)TeKERaider Wrote:  Old news. Just a disgruntled employee. He promised to do this the day he got fired. If you google it you will find several articles about our internal investigation when he got fired. We have had extremely sucessful women's sports. I seriously doubt we would be able to recruit at that level if our resources weren't in line with peers.

Giving the women teams less at the all you can eat cafeteria? 01-lauramac2
03-24-2016 06:22 PM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(03-24-2016 06:22 PM)galojah Wrote:  Maybe we can stop slamming each other and realize each school is capable of having bad apples and 18-22 year old kids do stupid things.

And that we all live in a climate and culture in which useless bureaucrats feel a need to justify their existence by turning pissant charges into all-out crusades.

My sympathies, Empty Sue.
03-24-2016 06:40 PM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(03-24-2016 06:22 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(03-24-2016 06:14 PM)TeKERaider Wrote:  Old news. Just a disgruntled employee. He promised to do this the day he got fired. If you google it you will find several articles about our internal investigation when he got fired. We have had extremely sucessful women's sports. I seriously doubt we would be able to recruit at that level if our resources weren't in line with peers.

Giving the women teams less at the all you can eat cafeteria? 01-lauramac2

You've not seen our women's basketball team, I take it. They were on the see food diet. Though they were much slimmer this season than the previous season when a lot of dead weight was jettisoned.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2016 06:45 PM by SpaceRaider.)
03-24-2016 06:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
Meanwhile, DoJ silent on Pell Grant fraud @ UNC.

Two sets of rules...
03-24-2016 06:44 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Re: RE: MTSU Federal Investigation
(03-24-2016 04:33 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Paging Saint TBL? What he gets with his rants on WKU lately.....Any wrong doings by WKU are small compared to this, good luck MTSU...Be careful in that glass house is moral of the story here when throwing stones yourself....

Unfortunately, this issue goes on everywhere. Not sure what led to us being singled out but the female side of athletic s departments not being treated as equally as the male side is a problem everywhere and reflective of society as a whole.

Ironically, there was a senior female official within the athletics department who didn't want me hired because I was a male. But again I understand. That was her effort to try to ensure equal opportunity for females. There were such staunch advocates for females in the athletic dept when I was there I'm a little surprised, but again this is pervasive. There isn't a single athletics dept in the country that isn't guilty of this to some degree. When I was at UT it was far worse there than it was at MT.

Anyone know what the penalties for this are?
03-24-2016 06:48 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Oh yeah. Should have kept reading. Forgot this was filed by Peck after he was fired. Oh well.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2016 06:53 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
03-24-2016 06:53 PM
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Peck. He was a terrible coach and lame as a person. Let me tell you what - I will be shocked if anything comes from this. Our ladies teams have some of the nicest facilities in the conference and are given a lot that other programs would not dream of, IMO, and it's just ridiculous to see this type of "complaint" filed by a terminated employee. Not to say I didn't see this coming, because he threatened the university and our athletics staff right after he was fired.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2016 08:55 PM by Ole Blue.)
03-24-2016 08:55 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
From the outside, I would call BS on this and be very careful about throwing stones. This is the dark side of Title IX, and can be easily claimed against any school. Everybody with limited funds, which is all of us, treat the revenue sport athletes better than the non revenue ones and for almost all of us all the revenue sports are on the men's side.

Most coaches on the women's side understand the reality and don't complain because they know it could be a career ending decision.
03-24-2016 09:14 PM
BKTopper Offline
1st String

(03-24-2016 06:48 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

Unfortunately, this issue goes on everywhere. Not sure what led to us being singled out but the female side of athletic s departments not being treated as equally as the male side is a problem everywhere and reflective of society as a whole.

Ironically, there was a senior female official within the athletics department who didn't want me hired because I was a male. But again I understand. That was her effort to try to ensure equal opportunity for females. There were such staunch advocates for females in the athletic dept when I was there I'm a little surprised, but again this is pervasive. There isn't a single athletics dept in the country that isn't guilty of this to some degree. When I was at UT it was far worse there than it was at MT.

Anyone know what the penalties for this are?
THERE HE IS!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
03-24-2016 09:34 PM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
Amazing how just when MT is enjoying a solid bit of positive pub; some slime emerges to stain the program. Got to believe that this is just a load of manure arising out of the Matt Peck firing! I'm not aware of any issues in our women's programs that would remotely be a Title IX violation.
03-24-2016 10:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.