Go
[Show Results]

Cronin Poll
Bookmark and Share
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
Cronin Poll
Now that we know he's interviewing I wonder if that has swayed some people's feelings.

03-21-2016 08:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Billy_Bearcat Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
RE: Cronin Poll
You should have added "Could Care Less"

03-21-2016 08:19 PM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
If you put this thread on BCJ the results would be stay by a large margin. On this board I am guessing you would have more saying Go.

This fan base is fractured in the issue

03-21-2016 08:22 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(03-21-2016 08:19 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  You should have added "Could Care Less"

I purposely did not do that. No fence sitting here Billy!

03-21-2016 08:23 PM
Recluse1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Stay, if he goes, I'll have Tuberville football and a decapitated basketball program to look forward to.

03-21-2016 08:39 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(03-21-2016 08:39 PM)Recluse1 Wrote:  Stay, if he goes, I'll have Tuberville football and a decapitated basketball program to look forward to.

You don't think we can get another basketball coach in here?

03-21-2016 08:44 PM
Advertisement

Billy_Bearcat Online
Hall of Famer

Donators
I voted "stay", but we'll be fine if he goes. X seems to do fine every 4-5 years they make a change. I think we can do the same.

03-21-2016 08:45 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

Before today's developments, I was indifferent. But after today's developments? GTFO.

03-21-2016 08:46 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
If, as he has said, he really wants to be here he would not be doing this. So I vote go.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2016 08:48 PM by bearcatfan.)
03-21-2016 08:47 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
I voted "stay", but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if he leaves. I think there are a number of guys who could do what he's done and perhaps even move the program to a higher level.

It's not like the Brian Kelly situation where I thought they were losing one of the best things that ever happened to Cincinnati athletics and had to worry about who would take over the program.

03-21-2016 08:48 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
I'm tired of this crap when private matters become a public dog and pony show. I know it happens in the college landscape now more than ever but this gets old fast. If Mick really wants to be here then why put everyone through this? If he doesn't take the UNLV job his presence here moving forward will be a constant question mark, distraction and drain on the program. I'm ready to move on.

[Image: 4376006.jpg]

03-21-2016 08:49 PM
Advertisement

BearcatnKY Offline
Bearcat Baller

I Root For: UC luck, ONCE.
Cronin Poll
He will scoff at the "rumors" and say he was/is here to stay when UNLV doesn't offer what he is expecting.

03-21-2016 08:50 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
(03-21-2016 08:50 PM)BearcatnKY Wrote:  He will scoff at the "rumors" and say he was/is here to stay when UNLV doesn't offer what he is expecting.

That won't fly after he missed the show tonight and didn't shoot down the rumors the second they came out.

03-21-2016 08:52 PM
Recluse1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(03-21-2016 08:44 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(03-21-2016 08:39 PM)Recluse1 Wrote:  Stay, if he goes, I'll have Tuberville football and a decapitated basketball program to look forward to.

If it was that simple, I'd say getting the right coach is basically a coin flip and I wouldn't be as certain of the result of Mick's leaving.
No. I think you'll be dealing with defections/transfers, decommits, trying to put together a whole staff and recruit with a poultry few prospects this summer, and an absolutely GOD AWFUL basketball season, if not two, there following. If you get a flop of a coach ontop of that, you might as well not have basketball at all for the next half decade. With that, the fans will find something else to spend their money on and you'll have sent the program down the toilet.

The idea that this would be a good thing, is some of the most pie in the sky BS I've ever heard. This is an absolutely crap time for a coaching change, unless you're going to promote from within, I am absolutely against it. You're not one coach away from a deep run, if this coach leaves town, you're going to be even further away. REGARDLESS of who the next coach is, the next couple of seasons will be garbage. Recruiting connections can take years and the pipelines you've created are history. More over, the players who are already here committed to this staff. With them gone, there's no incentive to stay. Sure, you might keep some of the upper-classmen, but you better hope to whatever deity you believe in, that the rest really like Cincinnati and aren't thinking about other cities/campuses.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2016 08:56 PM by Recluse1.)
03-21-2016 08:53 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
(03-21-2016 08:48 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  I voted "stay", but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if he leaves. I think there are a number of guys who could do what he's done and perhaps even move the program to a higher level.

It's not like the Brian Kelly situation where I thought they were losing one of the best things that ever happened to Cincinnati athletics and had to worry about who would take over the program.

same

03-21-2016 08:53 PM
Bearcat Otto Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Sometimes you interview to see what's out there. I know this is a little different scenario than the real world but interviewing happens all the time in the business world. You do yourself a disservice if you don't at least listen. It may just be to get the administration's attention.

03-21-2016 09:05 PM
Advertisement

jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
(03-21-2016 08:53 PM)Recluse1 Wrote:  

If it was that simple, I'd say getting the right coach is basically a coin flip and I wouldn't be as certain of the result of Mick's leaving.
No. I think you'll be dealing with defections/transfers, decommits, trying to put together a whole staff and recruit with a poultry few prospects this summer, and an absolutely GOD AWFUL basketball season, if not two, there following. If you get a flop of a coach ontop of that, you might as well not have basketball at all for the next half decade. With that, the fans will find something else to spend their money on and you'll have sent the program down the toilet.

The idea that this would be a good thing, is some of the most pie in the sky BS I've ever heard. This is an absolutely crap time for a coaching change, unless you're going to promote from within, I am absolutely against it. You're not one coach away from a deep run, if this coach leaves town, you're going to be even further away. REGARDLESS of who the next coach is, the next couple of seasons will be garbage. Recruiting connections can take years and the pipelines you've created are history. More over, the players who are already here committed to this staff. With them gone, there's no incentive to stay. Sure, you might keep some of the upper-classmen, but you better hope to whatever deity you believe in, that the rest really like Cincinnati and aren't thinking about other cities/campuses.

I just don't get it. We are not South Florida. Why can't people recognize that we do have a pretty deep tradition, at a large school, with a pretty strong fan base. I'm not saying that a flop can't happen, but I am willing to roll the dice and see what happens. We all know Cronin will never get us to be top 10-15 program which we rightfully should be.

03-21-2016 09:11 PM
Beelzebubba Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(03-21-2016 08:46 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Before today's developments, I was indifferent. But after today's developments? GTFO.
Bingo.

03-21-2016 09:12 PM
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
(03-21-2016 08:53 PM)Recluse1 Wrote:  

Didn't happen that way when Huggins was hired. The improvement was immediate. Nothing magical about Huggins, just when you have the right guy, it happens fast, unless your program is devastated.

03-21-2016 09:12 PM
AeroCat Offline
1st String

(03-21-2016 09:12 PM)Beelzebubba Wrote:  
(03-21-2016 08:46 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Before today's developments, I was indifferent. But after today's developments? GTFO.
Bingo.

Yup

03-21-2016 09:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.