Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Most Hated Man in Memphis?
Bookmark and Share
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Someone told me last night that Pastner just became the most hated man in Memphis, I thought that was crazy, but the more I thought about it... the more I could not think of someone more hated.and the more I realized that he is gping to get more hate when the genergy public realive what he has done aND what he has said about our program, our scool and our students...What say you?
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2016 06:45 PM by BinghamptonNed.)
03-20-2016 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
RE: Most Hated Man in Memphis?
X?
03-20-2016 06:44 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
He may have surpassed X, surprisingly X is STILL loved by MANY

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
03-20-2016 06:49 PM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2016 06:49 PM)thagr82008 Wrote:  He may have surpassed X, surprisingly X is STILL loved by MANY

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

He will certainly pass our ex coach due to the time lapse and due to Pastner's big mouth.

I used to give boy wonder the benefit of the doubt, but after Nick King I could no longer support the career killer who constantly puts fown OUR players ...more and more people will see this. ....and a millionaire coach putting down broke students is not a way to endear yourself to the common Memphian, especially when a big % of our players and students come from Memphis. .
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2016 06:56 PM by BinghamptonNed.)
03-20-2016 06:55 PM
TigerPhil Offline
Banned

I know this--he's not popular by any means. It's mind boggling to me that he and the boosters and the administration didn't try and part ways if for no other reason that he isn't liked and it might get worse. So why sign up for agony??? Why do they want to keep shoving a square peg down a circle hole? And act like it fits. Stupid. We don't get the full story. The whole thing sucks.
03-20-2016 06:58 PM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I do hate it for his wife though. I know coaching families in whatever sport are told early on that they have to develop thick skin dealing with a few or the many in public if things goes south but she's probably living in a personal h*ll on earth. I know for a fact that they have received mail in the pass that's considered 'hate' mail.
03-20-2016 07:05 PM
Advertisement

tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(03-20-2016 07:05 PM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  I do hate it for his wife though. I know coaching families in whatever sport are told early on that they have to develop thick skin dealing with a few or the many in public if things goes south but she's probably living in a personal h*ll on earth. I know for a fact that they have received mail in the pass that's considered 'hate' mail.

I agree. Leave his family out of it.
03-20-2016 07:09 PM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
He will NEVER supplant X/JUDAS/BENEDICT/FREDO as the most hated. The reason being---Josh is not trying to deliberately destroy the program the way X did. As futile as his efforts may be ===Josh wants to win badly .
03-20-2016 07:11 PM
80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I wouldn't feel too sorry for anyone. There's a very doable solution where he still gets paid like a king. He can make that choice any time he likes.
03-20-2016 07:17 PM
450bench Offline

(03-20-2016 07:11 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  He will NEVER supplant X/JUDAS/BENEDICT/FREDO as the most hated. The reason being---Josh is not trying to deliberately destroy the program the way X did. As futile as his efforts may be ===Josh wants to win badly .

I think it could be argued that what Josh may have done more harm to the program than Cal. That's just my opinion and I do agree that Josh is and/or will become the most hated man in Memphis. Certainly the one of the least respected.
03-20-2016 07:29 PM
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
I don't hate the guy at all. I've had multiple run ins with him and he genuinely is an awesome dude. In fact, I despise the way people on here talk about him. He's had his screw ups but doesn't deserve the vitriol thrown his way.

That said, it's past time for him to go. I understand the reason he is still here and, I believe, big picture it will be worth it. That said, he's not cut out for THIS job.
03-20-2016 07:33 PM
Advertisement

Strat57 Offline
Rock & Roll Shaman

CrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(03-20-2016 07:33 PM)uofmcamaro Wrote:  I don't hate the guy at all. I've had multiple run ins with him and he genuinely is an awesome dude. In fact, I despise the way people on here talk about him. He's had his screw ups but doesn't deserve the vitriol thrown his way.

That said, it's past time for him to go. I understand the reason he is still here and, I believe, big picture it will be worth it. That said, he's not cut out for THIS job.

Good summation. Past time. Good guy. Bigger fish to fry.
03-20-2016 07:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
(03-20-2016 07:17 PM)80sTiger Wrote:  I wouldn't feel too sorry for anyone. There's a very doable solution where he still gets paid like a king. He can make that choice any time he likes.

What choice is that? If he quits we don't owe him squat.
03-20-2016 07:39 PM
Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(03-20-2016 07:33 PM)uofmcamaro Wrote:  I don't hate the guy at all. I've had multiple run ins with him and he genuinely is an awesome dude. In fact, I despise the way people on here talk about him. He's had his screw ups but doesn't deserve the vitriol thrown his way.

This is how I feel. Some of our idiot fans have taken it way too far. He seems like a really good dude that's a crap coach.
03-20-2016 07:41 PM
Quote this message in a reply
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards

I have no personal problem with him and hate is a very strong word. He's just someone who is overpaid and who is bad at his job. I don't blame him for taking a ridiculously one sided contract.

I'm not a fan of the pop shots he's taking at the program in some interviews but mentally I think he's probably under a ton of stress and never has been a great interview so he's probably making some stupid comments.
03-20-2016 07:46 PM
450bench Offline

Hate is too strong a word.

I have lost all respect for him.
03-20-2016 07:46 PM
Advertisement

TigerPhil Offline
Banned

(03-20-2016 07:41 PM)Rob Wrote:  

This is how I feel. Some of our idiot fans have taken it way too far. He seems like a really good dude that's a crap coach.

I disagree with this if you are saying we have lots of fans that have taken it to far. What proof do you have that fans have taken it too far? People calling him Opie isn't an example of taking it too far. Also I'm not sure how good of a guy he is. When he's taking shots at our fanbase and students and talking about vacated sweet 16's isn't cool at all and doesn't make an all ready unhappy fanbase like the dude.
03-20-2016 07:55 PM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
This is why I'm not 100% convinced he'll be back next year. He wants out, but was banking on being fired. If he wants to salvage his head coaching career he has to get out now. On the other hand, he may just be totally delusional.
03-20-2016 08:03 PM
jgardne Offline
Heisman

(03-20-2016 07:11 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  He will NEVER supplant X/JUDAS/BENEDICT/FREDO as the most hated. The reason being---Josh is not trying to deliberately destroy the program the way X did. As futile as his efforts may be ===Josh wants to win badly .

Oh my god get over the cal stuff. It was the best 4 year run we've had and was a hell of a ride. He left for a better job. I hope you and everybody realize now that cousins, wall, Bledsoe, and Henry were never going to stay and play for pastner. Not in a million years. They were always cal and www guys. He didn't take anything we could've kept.
03-20-2016 08:06 PM
jgardne Offline
Heisman

(03-20-2016 07:29 PM)450bench Wrote:  

I think it could be argued that what Josh may have done more harm to the program than Cal. That's just my opinion and I do agree that Josh is and/or will become the most hated man in Memphis. Certainly the one of the least respected.

It could be argued? It could be argued?

I'd say it's pretty freaking definite. Cal built a powerhouse national brand that allowed pastner to grab all these McDonald's all Americans. You think pastner could've done any of this coming off Johnny jones? No. Freaking. Way. Cal bailed the program and pushed us back to the spotlight. I root against Kentucky but it's myopic to not see or deny what cal did for the program. Our "good fans" act like a Bunch of scorned 13 year old girls
03-20-2016 08:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.