Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Spring Practice Central:
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
Spring Practice Central:
UCF's spring training starts tomorrow, 03/15. When does everyone else's? What storylines do you expect to see or at least investigate this year, going into the fall season?
03-14-2016 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Spring Practice Central:
Starts March 23
Spring Game April 16

Big questions
1. Starting offensive line- who steps up
2. Defensive ends are the JUCOs ready to win spots
3. QB will Woulard give Flowers a run for the position.
03-14-2016 06:09 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
UC's starts when CTT is done with his golf game and not a second before. We'll let you know.
03-14-2016 09:20 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
My AAC spring storylines

the QB battles:
-Usf: keep the bad passing qb who you won with or switch to more polished former transfer
-ucf: holman a conf champ and a 0-12 qb...new coach does he keep his job
-ecu: benkurt (the hurt former heir apparent) or summers (the mobile subpar passing with experience)
-cincy: gunner crowned the starter by tubbs but how solid is his job
-tulane: starter transferred, new coach, completely up in the air
-memphis: the returning backup vs the JC vs a true fresh
-navy: tago vs the field
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2016 11:09 AM by pesik.)
03-14-2016 11:28 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
Gunnar has not been crowned the starter at Cincinnati.
03-15-2016 05:32 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
UCF Gets Ready for Spring (plus official announcement of a late signee, who's a pretty good get...as this very good HS player had to wait for qualifying test scores)

http://www.ucfknights.com/sports/m-footb...16aaa.html

03-15-2016 05:42 AM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
In my opinion… the most interesting aspect of ECU’s spring camp will be:

Who will get the nod at QB?

Kurt Benkert (JR)
6’3” 225lbs
Missed 2015 due to an ACL tear shortly after being named the starter. Was Shane Carden’s backup, and ECU fans are very high on Benkert’s potential.
[Image: http%3A%2F%2Fci-platform.silverchalice.c...39f7260a20]

Philip Nelson (SR)
6’2” 222lbs
Former starting QB for Minnesota. Transferred to Rutgers after assault charges in MN. Transferred to ECU last year and sat out a year. Many Pirate fans are optimistic that this kid has turned the corner, and with Big Ten starting QB experience, he could really give Benkert a run for the starting job this season.
[Image: Phillip-Nelson-Transfer.jpg]
03-15-2016 09:49 AM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
For Tulsa the biggest "?"s:

Backup QB: Chad President was used as a situational wildcat QB last season but he'll have to show that he can pass reliably if hr wants to be named the official #2 over several other guys on the roster

OL + DL: We brought on some legitimate size that should help protect Dane and give us some run stopping ability at DT

CB: Was Tulsa's Achilles heel last season... We need to see if the returners will win the jobs back or if the freshman / JUCO recruits can steal the jobs.

RB: We lost a bit of depth due to a couple of departures & graduations. We'll have to replace Zack Langer's short yardage production in 4th down situations and on the goal line.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2016 10:12 AM by invisiblehand.)
03-15-2016 10:11 AM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Memphis is doing something new this year by holding spring scrimmages in Nashville and Jackson. The practice in Nashville will be held at Father Ryan High School on Saturday, April 9th at 2PM. Not sure about the date for the game at Lambuth in Jackson yet. Friday night stripes (spring game) will be at the LB on April 22nd. Good to see the Tigers going on the road to promote the brand and grow the base in the state.
03-15-2016 10:13 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

(03-15-2016 05:32 AM)rosewater Wrote:  Gunnar has not been crowned the starter at Cincinnati.

tubbs said pregame of the bowl, "gunner will be back next year and will be our starter"
03-15-2016 11:08 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

(03-15-2016 09:49 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  In my opinion… the most interesting aspect of ECU’s spring camp will be:

Kurt Benkert (JR)
6’3” 225lbs
Missed 2015 due to an ACL tear shortly after being named the starter. Was Shane Carden’s backup, and ECU fans are very high on Benkert’s potential.

Philip Nelson (SR)
6’2” 222lbs
Former starting QB for Minnesota. Transferred to Rutgers after assault charges in MN. Transferred to ECU last year and sat out a year. Many Pirate fans are optimistic that this kid has turned the corner, and with Big Ten starting QB experience, he could really give Benkert a run for the starting job this season.

nelson is a walkon....and summers is the only one of the qbs on your roster that has started a game at ecu...
im sure ecu fans have made up "their" mind who they think it will be but summers will definitely be in the competition
03-15-2016 11:11 AM
Advertisement

pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pirates
(03-15-2016 11:11 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(03-15-2016 09:49 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  In my opinion… the most interesting aspect of ECU’s spring camp will be:

Kurt Benkert (JR)
6’3” 225lbs

Philip Nelson (SR)
6’2” 222lbs

nelson is a walkon....and summers is the only one of the qbs on your roster that has started a game at ecu...
im sure ecu fans have made up "their" mind who they think it will be but summers will definitely be in the competition

Being that the coaches have all but said he isn't I'll take their word over yours nothing personal. I think Summers gets some snaps in very limited packages and then plays TE/H back/all over the place the rest of the time, which is what our TE coach said on the subject past week.
03-15-2016 12:04 PM
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Morgan and coach Rhule with the day 1 update.

03-15-2016 01:50 PM
TU77CAL82 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulane
Tulane Day 1 Update:

03-15-2016 01:58 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(03-15-2016 12:04 PM)pirates4lyfe Wrote:  
(03-15-2016 11:11 AM)pesik Wrote:  nelson is a walkon....and summers is the only one of the qbs on your roster that has started a game at ecu...

Being that the coaches have all but said he isn't I'll take their word over yours nothing personal. I think Summers gets some snaps in very limited packages and then plays TE/H back/all over the place the rest of the time, which is what our TE coach said on the subject past week.

they didn't say that ...the only quotes the coaches have said is that he will be on the field in some capacity...and it was more of insinuating that if he doesn't win the job that he wont be holding a clipboard on the sideline

scottie just last week said he is not closing the door on anything ..even using 2 qbs like last year, if he feels that is the best chance to win...but he would rather have 1 guy
03-15-2016 02:19 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-14-2016 11:28 PM)pesik Wrote:  My AAC spring storylines

the QB battles:
-Usf: keep the bad passing qb who you won with or switch to more polished former transfer
-ecu: benkurt (the hurt former heir apparent) or summers (the mobile subpar passing with experience)

At the end there is more to a QB in USF's offense than being a better passer. You must run the offense and it will be tough to beat Flowers running of that offense in which he passed for 2000 yds over 59% completion rushed for 1000 yds with 23 tds and few ints. Very tough to see Woulard beating him out
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2016 02:33 PM by Cubanbull.)
03-15-2016 02:27 PM
Advertisement

TheBigEastSucks Offline
1st String

I Root For: NO QUARTER
(03-15-2016 02:19 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(03-15-2016 12:04 PM)pirates4lyfe Wrote:  
(03-15-2016 11:11 AM)pesik Wrote:  nelson is a walkon....and summers is the only one of the qbs on your roster that has started a game at ecu...

they didn't say that ...the only quotes the coaches have said is that he will be on the field in some capacity...and it was more of insinuating that if he doesn't win the job that he wont be holding a clipboard on the sideline

scottie just last week said he is not closing the door on anything ..even using 2 qbs like last year, if he feels that is the best chance to win...but he would rather have 1 guy

Nelson will win the job imo. Summer's won't be a full time qb
03-15-2016 02:44 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
(03-15-2016 11:08 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(03-15-2016 05:32 AM)rosewater Wrote:  Gunnar has not been crowned the starter at Cincinnati.

tubbs said pregame of the bowl, "gunner will be back next year and will be our starter"

If that was said, he now has stated on numerous occasions that Gunnar has to work his way up the depth chart. He entered spring as the number 4 quarterback.
03-15-2016 04:28 PM
MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

I Root For: Memphis
(03-14-2016 11:28 PM)pesik Wrote:  My AAC spring storylines

the QB battles:

Our returning backup, RS So Clay Holgorsen, will be at least 3rd string if he does not end up transferring. Our starter will either be RS Fr Brady Davis or JC transfer Jr Riley Ferguson. I would think the true Fr David Moore will RS unless he just blows the other two away. RS Sr Jason Stewart will also compete for 3rd string. He was Paxton's backup in 2014 and RS for 2015. We have a Pitt QB who lost his starting job last year visiting soon that will be a grad transfer who Mike Norvell initially recruited to Pitt, but I don't see him coming to Memphis due to depth.
03-16-2016 06:29 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
God all this talk about football makes me realize how boring this time of the year is. Since I'm not basket ball fan by any means the only sport I have to look forward to is football. Spring practice for football fans is like that hot Russian mail order bride that sends you teasing pics but you have to wait 6 months to arrive.

Why can't we just have college football 24/7 365 days a year!
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2016 07:38 PM by Westhoff123.)
03-16-2016 07:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.