Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LSU Basketball
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
LSU Basketball
I wonder with what has happened with Ben Simmons at LSU if that's going to make the top players even more go to schools like Kentucky and Duke..... It's just been a bad situation for a while now.
03-12-2016 02:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CyclonePower Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Iowa State
RE: LSU Basketball
It's hard to say. You put Ben Simmons on a team like Iowa State, Baylor, Oregon, or Xaiver. A team that will be going to the dance and is good but isn't considered a top program you have yourself a different story. LSU isn't good, I think their coach is horrible and the reason they been winning is they get high recruits from out of the states.

The top players love being the star, I could see a top player going somewhere that isn't a duke or Kansas because they want to be the face of the program. LSU was lucky Ben came because I bet they would be around .500 or lower without him.

So my answer is no it won't deter top players from going to a non blue bloods, but it probably hurts LSU and their coach. I imagine coaches telling me recruits don't go to LSU they had one of the top players and couldn't go to the dance.

I'm just glad when Ben leaves. ESPN has been slobbing on his knob this whole season and ESPN will try to hype up the NIT with Ben In it.
03-12-2016 02:49 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Horrendous effort. Were the LSU players on strike today? Did something happen that we don't know about?
03-12-2016 02:55 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

LSU 38 points today is the lowest in D1 all season long- worse than BC even!
03-12-2016 03:09 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(03-12-2016 02:49 PM)CyclonePower Wrote:  It's hard to say. You put Ben Simmons on a team like Iowa State, Baylor, Oregon, or Xaiver. A team that will be going to the dance and is good but isn't considered a top program you have yourself a different story. LSU isn't good, I think their coach is horrible and the reason they been winning is they get high recruits from out of the states.

The top players love being the star, I could see a top player going somewhere that isn't a duke or Kansas because they want to be the face of the program. LSU was lucky Ben came because I bet they would be around .500 or lower without him.

So my answer is no it won't deter top players from going to a non blue bloods, but it probably hurts LSU and their coach. I imagine coaches telling me recruits don't go to LSU they had one of the top players and couldn't go to the dance.

I'm just glad when Ben leaves. ESPN has been slobbing on his knob this whole season and ESPN will try to hype up the NIT with Ben In it.
I don't know that what you are saying is the case. I mean, you better believe guys like Pitino, Coach K, Calipari, Self will use what happened with Simmons...

Also- LSU is no NIT lock at all. Depends largely on what happens today with the NIT bid thieves.
03-12-2016 03:14 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
Simmons looked amazing today.
03-12-2016 03:22 PM
Advertisement

CyclonePower Offline
2nd String

(03-12-2016 03:14 PM)stever20 Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 02:49 PM)CyclonePower Wrote:  It's hard to say. You put Ben Simmons on a team like Iowa State, Baylor, Oregon, or Xaiver. A team that will be going to the dance and is good but isn't considered a top program you have yourself a different story. LSU isn't good, I think their coach is horrible and the reason they been winning is they get high recruits from out of the states.

I don't know that what you are saying is the case. I mean, you better believe guys like Pitino, Coach K, Calipari, Self will use what happened with Simmons...

Also- LSU is no NIT lock at all. Depends largely on what happens today with the NIT bid thieves.
I don't think it changes anything. It only hurts LSU, but you are right the top coaches will use it against other schools but I doubt it will change much.

I'll offer you a counter point, does it hurt Kansas that they have Bragg( top 20 five star recruit) and Diallo (#5 player) both combine averaging 5 mins. They were seen as star freshman coming in and Diallo was penciled in as a starter but they both have been riding the bench the whole season.

I could see coaches telling top recruits why go to Duke and Kansas when you might not even be a starter. Come to our school and you will be the star and focal point. These one and done kids want to be on tv and scoring all the points not sitting on the bench or sharing playing time.
03-12-2016 03:32 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(03-12-2016 03:32 PM)CyclonePower Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 03:14 PM)stever20 Wrote:  

I don't think it changes anything. It only hurts LSU, but you are right the top coaches will use it against other schools but I doubt it will change much.

I'll offer you a counter point, does it hurt Kansas that they have Bragg( top 20 five star recruit) and Diallo (#5 player) both combine averaging 5 mins. They were seen as star freshman coming in and Diallo was penciled in as a starter but they both have been riding the bench the whole season.

I could see coaches telling top recruits why go to Duke and Kansas when you might not even be a starter. Come to our school and you will be the star and focal point. These one and done kids want to be on tv and scoring all the points not sitting on the bench or sharing playing time.
True, but the big coaches would say look you are better than Diallo and Bragg.... Also they would bring up that Diallo was hurt because of the eligibility stuff quite a bit.....
03-12-2016 03:36 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
Failing to make the tournament despite having the most talented player in the country is an abject embarrassment for LSU.
03-12-2016 03:54 PM
CyclonePower Offline
2nd String

Ben Simmons suffered by playing for LSU not being on a non blue blood team. Many recruits go to non blue bloods and do just fine.

UNLV hasn't been a power for a bit and they had the number one pick in the draft and they play in the MWC. Recruits each value different things. One could care about the relationship with the coach, one could care about playing time, and another could care about distance to home.

We won't see top players deciding not to play for non blue bloods because of Ben Simmons. The number 4 player right now is going to NC State next year and they aren't going to the tourney.
03-12-2016 04:00 PM
Erictelevision Offline
All American

I Root For: Uconn hoops
Bennett has been an unmitigated BUST!
03-12-2016 04:28 PM
Advertisement

CyclonePower Offline
2nd String

(03-12-2016 04:28 PM)Erictelevision Wrote:  Bennett has been an unmitigated BUST!

I complete agree, I was mad when my Timberwolves picked him up. I was just trying to make a point that you don't need to go to a blue blood to be drafted early.
03-12-2016 04:39 PM
Erictelevision Offline
All American

(03-12-2016 04:00 PM)CyclonePower Wrote:  Ben Simmons suffered by playing for LSU not being on a non blue blood team. Many recruits go to non blue bloods and do just fine.

UNLV hasn't been a power for a bit and they had the number one pick in the draft and they play in the MWC. Recruits each value different things. One could care about the relationship with the coach, one could care about playing time, and another could care about distance to home.

We won't see top players deciding not to play for non blue bloods because of Ben Simmons. The number 4 player right now is going to NC State next year and they aren't going to the tourney.

(03-12-2016 04:39 PM)CyclonePower Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 04:28 PM)Erictelevision Wrote:  Bennett has been an unmitigated BUST!

I complete agree, I was mad when my Timberwolves picked him up. I was just trying to make a point that you don't need to go to a blue blood to be drafted early.

Wrong post quoted
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 04:45 PM by Erictelevision.)
03-12-2016 04:45 PM
Erictelevision Offline
All American

(03-12-2016 04:00 PM)CyclonePower Wrote:  Ben Simmons suffered by playing for LSU not being on a non blue blood team. Many recruits go to non blue bloods and do just fine.

Or hopefully academics (yeah, I know it's a pipe dream)
03-12-2016 04:47 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: RE: LSU Basketball
(03-12-2016 03:54 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Failing to make the tournament despite having the most talented player in the country is an abject embarrassment for LSU.

Kinda like lsu football. Tough times to lsu fan. Starting to understand why yall are always drunk
03-12-2016 10:02 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
[Image: coonasstrap.jpg]
03-12-2016 10:05 PM
Advertisement

The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
I think the bigger loser in that transaction is Simmons more than LSU. LSU could at least land a top player. Simmons' stock already looks overrated. "The next Magic Johnson" my ***.
03-13-2016 01:13 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(03-13-2016 01:13 PM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  I think the bigger loser in that transaction is Simmons more than LSU. LSU could at least land a top player. Simmons' stock already looks overrated. "The next Magic Johnson" my ***.
Ben Simmons is still going #1 Overall in the June NBA Draft.
03-13-2016 02:45 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
Simmons may have a ton of talent. But is he that good a player? All year long he has been disappearing at crunch time. Some players with less talent are winners. Maybe this kid will prove to be a talented loser.
03-13-2016 03:18 PM
Erictelevision Offline
All American

(03-13-2016 03:18 PM)ken d Wrote:  Simmons may have a ton of talent. But is he that good a player? All year long he has been disappearing at crunch time. Some players with less talent are winners. Maybe this kid will prove to be a talented loser.

Like Dominique and T-Mac?
03-13-2016 03:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.