Tulsa 5th team out.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...ration/255

Palm has:
UConn #10 up 1 spot and on the bubble
Temple #10 on the bubble
Cincinnati #10 on the bubble
Tulsa 4th of the first 4 out
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

I think the committee might give "credit" to UC's 4th OT loss....which would be great news for UC.

If UCONN had beaten UC in regulation...that might have knocked UC out of at large contention.

Of course most of all the at-large bids normally doesn't take in consideration conf championship upsets by teams that don't have at-large access...and in AAC's case...winner of Memphis/Tulane will have a shot at stealing a spot if either can win the AAC title tomorrow.
03-12-2016 10:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: RE: March 12 Bracket Update
(03-12-2016 09:55 AM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  Lunardi has:
Cincinnati #10 Down 1 spot
Temple #10 Up 1 spot
UConn #11 Play in game vs Monmouth
Tulsa 5th team out.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...ration/255

Palm has:
UConn #10 up 1 spot and on the bubble
Temple #10 on the bubble
Cincinnati #10 on the bubble
Tulsa 4th of the first 4 out
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

We gots sumpin for yalls bubbles

Be afraid

[Image: funny-gif-bubblegum-burst.gif]
03-12-2016 10:44 AM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
RE: March 12 Bracket Update
I am pretty sure Tulsa and Houston are on the outside, looking in.

A LOT depends on what happens today and tomorrow. I could see the AAC being a one bid conference if Tulane wins. I could see the AAC being a two-bid conference if Memphis wins the whole shebang (the Temple/UConn winner being the other team). I could see the AAC being a three-bid conference (Temple, UConn, and UC) if Temple or UConn win the whole thing.

Hard to see the AAC getting 4.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 11:15 AM by BearcatJerry.)
03-12-2016 11:12 AM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
This guy just lost all credibility with me. Best bracket projector or not the last few years.

http://assemblycall.com/ncaa-tournament-...-march-12/

>>>>>>
The bubble

A few potential bid thieves emerged on Friday.

In Conference USA, Memphis or Tulane will be in the title game and could steal a bid if they string together a couple more victories.
03-12-2016 11:14 AM
bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Tulsa's done at this point. I believe the UConn/Temple loser might fall to the play-in game. Cincinnati is probably a 10 seed but it wouldn't shock me to see the Cats with a 9 seed based on their BPI and Kenpom numbers or right at the cut line as well.

Wichita State as single digit seed in some brackets and right at the cut line in others. The resume isn't there but BPI and Kenpom tell us they are a top 25 team. Probably the most interesting discussion for the committee. I am guessing their reputation gets them a shot in Dayton.

Speaking of shocks, I believe South Carolina is going to be left out. RPI in the 60's. Kenpom in the 50's. Non-conference SOS is 269. 1-1 against the RPI Top 50, how does a power conference team only play two games against top 50? 0-3 against Georgia, losses in league play to Missouri, Miss State, Tennessee. The SEC does have a rep on the committee but that might not help South Carolina as Vandy and Florida have much better computer profiles and could be picked ahead of the Gamecocks to prove a point about scheduling.

St. Bonnie is other team with a resume that looks better in the RPI than it does with the other systems. Kenpom 79, BPI 74. Do wins over Dayton, GW, St. Joe's x 2 outweigh losses to La Salle and Duquesne. Also on the Bonnies profile is a split with Davidson, and losses to Hofstra, VCU, Syracuse, and Sienna. Their lack of real quality non-conference wins hurts.
03-12-2016 11:15 AM
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-12-2016 11:14 AM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  This guy just lost all credibility with me. Best bracket projector or not the last few years.

>>>>>>
The bubble

In Conference USA, Memphis or Tulane will be in the title game and could steal a bid if they string together a couple more victories.

<<<snigger!>>>
03-12-2016 11:16 AM
Flying Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Who I wnt 2 win
Mark my words, they are going to leave UC out of the touranment and say that they have too many of their players hurt.
03-12-2016 11:36 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
scenario: Temple and Memphis win today. Memphis wins tomorrow.

1. What seeding would Memphis (20-14) get? A 12?
2. Does Temple (22-11 in that case) get an at-large?
3. Does UConn (also 22-11 in that case) get one?
4. UC is 22-10 and I think they are definitely in. Probably a 10-seed, possibly a 9 or an 11.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 11:39 AM by Native Georgian.)
03-12-2016 11:38 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(03-12-2016 11:38 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  scenario: Temple and Memphis win today. Memphis wins tomorrow.

4. UC is 22-10 and I think they are definitely in. Probably a 10-seed, possibly a 9 or an 11.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sport...emple.html
03-12-2016 11:45 AM
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(03-12-2016 11:14 AM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  This guy just lost all credibility with me. Best bracket projector or not the last few years.

>>>>>>
The bubble

Most of these guys who create this algorithms are fantasy sports nerds who think it’s all about the numbers and they don't watch the games. An old coach I had described these guys perfectly when he said “another expert who never wore a jock a day in his life”.
03-12-2016 11:52 AM
Advertisement

NYCTUFan Offline
All American

IMO using the eye test the way things played out yesterday is the best case scenario for the AAC getting 4 teams in.

I believe Cincinnati was in win or lose yesterday, it was an elimination game for UConn but not UC. Based on yesterday’s game how could that loss with the way they fought knock them out and eliminate their entire body of work? UC is in.

I think the fact of how UConn won yesterday more than the fact they did win got them in as well. 1 year removed from a national championship UConn showed why they are a dangerous team in March and it goes past the numbers. Watching them play yesterday, even if they lose today to Temple, I think the committee members have got to ask “would UConn make a bigger impact on the NCAA tournament or a team like St Marys or Monmouth?" Yesterday’s win did more for UConn than a 20 point blowout would have. A win today and they are a lock, but even with a loss I think they have a good shot.

If any of the talking heads who talked about Temple prior to, during and after their game yesterday have any creditability Temple should be in with yesterday’s win. Some had them in even if they didn’t win yesterday. Len Elmore brought it up during the game, he said ESPN did the research and no team from a top 10 conference who has won their conference regular season and made it to at least the quarter finals of their conference tournament has been left out of the NCAA in the history of the tournament. Win today and they are a lock, but even with a close loss I think they have a better than 50/50 shot.

If Tulane or Memphis win the championship and I think there is a real shot at 4 and 3 would be a lock. More than 1 team may be in play in games but they still make it.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 12:13 PM by NYCTUFan.)
03-12-2016 12:12 PM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
tulsa is toast
03-12-2016 12:28 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
2 seed in the NIT means you'll at last still have one more home game. Turn that frown upside down!
03-12-2016 12:53 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(03-12-2016 12:28 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  tulsa is toast

warm, buttery toast?
03-12-2016 01:03 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-12-2016 12:12 PM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  IMO using the eye test the way things played out yesterday is the best case scenario for the AAC getting 4 teams in.

I believe Cincinnati was in win or lose yesterday, it was an elimination game for UConn but not UC. Based on yesterday’s game how could that loss with the way they fought knock them out and eliminate their entire body of work? UC is in.

I think the fact of how UConn won yesterday more than the fact they did win got them in as well. 1 year removed from a national championship UConn showed why they are a dangerous team in March and it goes past the numbers. Watching them play yesterday, even if they lose today to Temple, I think the committee members have got to ask “would UConn make a bigger impact on the NCAA tournament or a team like St Marys or Monmouth?" Yesterday’s win did more for UConn than a 20 point blowout would have. A win today and they are a lock, but even with a loss I think they have a good shot.

If any of the talking heads who talked about Temple prior to, during and after their game yesterday have any creditability Temple should be in with yesterday’s win. Some had them in even if they didn’t win yesterday. Len Elmore brought it up during the game, he said ESPN did the research and no team from a top 10 conference who has won their conference regular season and made it to at least the quarter finals of their conference tournament has been left out of the NCAA in the history of the tournament. Win today and they are a lock, but even with a close loss I think they have a better than 50/50 shot.

If Tulane or Memphis win the championship and I think there is a real shot at 4 and 3 would be a lock. More than 1 team may be in play in games but they still make it.

I could MAYBE go with Memphis...MAYBE...but think about what happens if Tulane wins it. That would be a disaster for this conference because Tulane has not been in the conversation all year long. So much so, their coach is expected to be fired before the time even expires. If Memphis wins, at least people say something like "Well, Memphis finally woke up!" But if Tulane wins the tournament, people go "Well, there's your proof that the conference is garbage."
03-12-2016 01:09 PM
Advertisement

fishpro1098 Offline
All American

(03-12-2016 11:38 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  scenario: Temple and Memphis win today. Memphis wins tomorrow.

I would feel a lot better about Temple's chances for a win today if I knew that UCONN placed 12 bulletin boards around town stating "Hey Orlando, this is not our first trip to Disney".

03-12-2016 01:27 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I would rather UC be an 11 or 12 than a 7-10.

Maybe this loss was a blessing in disguise...albeit and very painful, gut punch, make grown men cry-type of surprise.
03-12-2016 01:31 PM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
(03-12-2016 01:03 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 12:28 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  tulsa is toast

warm, buttery toast?

extra melty buttery toast
03-12-2016 01:52 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU

>>>>>>
The bubble

hmmm... if an American team wins the Conference USA tournament and then goes on a run in the NCAA tourney, who gets the credits, the American or C-USA?

05-stirthepot
03-12-2016 04:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.