Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ask Aresco: AAC BB Edition
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
1. Stated he expects expansion to be resolved this May/June after Big 12 makes their decision.
2. Happy with growth of programs at UH, Memphis, Temple and Navy.
3. If one team leaves conference won't stay at 11. They will add a member.
4. If two teams leave they will likely stay at 10. AAC can still have CCG in football with 10 teams and round robin play.

https://t.co/EWxCBoye5q
03-10-2016 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
RE: Ask Aresco: AAC BB Edition
"He thinks the league is in a much better situation than in years past thanks in part to the growth of members like Houston, Memphis, Navy and Temple."

I read this to mean he's not worried about losing any of those schools to the Big 12. Or else, why would he be touting their growth to a reporter in the face of a potential Big 12 raid.
03-10-2016 05:52 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(03-10-2016 05:52 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  "He thinks the league is in a much better situation than in years past thanks in part to the growth of members like Houston, Memphis, Navy and Temple."

I read this to mean he's not worried about losing any of those schools to the Big 12. Or else, why would he be touting their growth to a reporter in the face of a potential Big 12 raid.

To be fair, the Cincy and UCONN programs haven/t had much growth lately....especially UCONN.

assuming he is talking about football.
03-10-2016 05:59 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(03-10-2016 05:59 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 05:52 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  "He thinks the league is in a much better situation than in years past thanks in part to the growth of members like Houston, Memphis, Navy and Temple."

To be fair, the Cincy and UCONN programs haven/t had much growth lately....especially UCONN.

Sure thing. 01-wingedeagle

UCONN going to its first bowl game in 5 years isn't much growth. Neither is beating a NY6 Bowl Champion during the regular season...
03-10-2016 06:08 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Under these circumstances, I think the deregulation vote has definitely strengthened the AAC position.
It's funny how that worked out.
There are certain moves that can benefit the conference. However, time is on our side now.
03-10-2016 06:15 PM
Attackcoog Offline

It's almost like he has been reading this board. I do wish he would have mentioned the option of bolstering basketball with a non-football addition in the 10-team scenario---as losing UConn and Cinci would be a serious blow to AAC basketball strength. But, overall, I'm happy with his answers. The willingness to stand pat at 10--No desire to dilute the league---No rush to replace lost members---All very key statements in my opinion.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 06:28 PM by Attackcoog.)
03-10-2016 06:21 PM
Advertisement

robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(03-10-2016 06:21 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  It's almost like he has been reading this board. I do wish he would have mentioned the option of bolstering basketball with a non-football addition in the 10-team scenario---as losing UConn and Cinci would be a serious blow to AAC basketball strength. But, overall, I'm happy with his answers. The willingness to stand pat at 10--No desire to dilute the league---No rush to replace lost members---All very key statements in my opinion.

I agree that if the AAC loses Cincinnati and UConn, the league needs to add some basketball-only members to try to resemble a power conference. The AAC will be fine in football no matter who they lose.
03-10-2016 06:33 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
Had lunch with someone from the big 12 today and he was laughing that it's amazing how all these people outside the big 12 know what they're going to do when they have no clue right now
03-10-2016 06:35 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(03-10-2016 06:35 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  Had lunch with someone from the big 12 today and he was laughing that it's amazing how all these people outside the big 12 know what they're going to do when they have no clue right now

I can tell you exactly what the Big 12 will do, whatever the hell Texas wants to do.
03-10-2016 06:37 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(03-10-2016 06:33 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 06:21 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  It's almost like he has been reading this board. I do wish he would have mentioned the option of bolstering basketball with a non-football addition in the 10-team scenario---as losing UConn and Cinci would be a serious blow to AAC basketball strength. But, overall, I'm happy with his answers. The willingness to stand pat at 10--No desire to dilute the league---No rush to replace lost members---All very key statements in my opinion.

I agree that if the AAC loses Cincinnati and UConn, the league needs to add some basketball-only members to try to resemble a power conference. The AAC will be fine in football no matter who they lose.

Yup. Get Wichita in here and that helps stop the bleeding. If you can land VCU, add them as well. It aint UConn and Cinci---but its two very respectable brands in basketball. Along with the organic improvement we have seen in the league during its first 3 years and the return to form by Memphis and Temple---it will remain a deep high quality multi-bid basketball league.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 06:43 PM by Attackcoog.)
03-10-2016 06:43 PM
vcoog Offline
All American

I Root For: UH
I feel like UC and UConn are gone and he knows it, that's why he's discussing it this early as to not panic people on the future.

The b12 is actually pretty smart to add them as they add good value for a b12 network which Houston/SMU wouldn't, Memphis has a decent brand but the market isnt as lucrative, and UCF/USF pair has good market but not quite the brand of UC/Uconn.

Just my gut feeling on it.

Also I wouldn't be surprised to see just Uconn taken and then poach Louisville or an ACC school with more money which I think the b12 should have.
03-10-2016 07:11 PM
Advertisement

Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
My bet is 4 teams are gone. It's just a hunch. 04-cheers
03-10-2016 07:14 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
I doubt it.

Texas will look out for themselves.

If they ever fold the LHN, it will be for the conference network that will line their pockets with the most money and prestige.

They have all the cards, and a few tucked away for a rainy day.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 07:17 PM by BigEastHomer.)
03-10-2016 07:15 PM
TheBigEastSucks Offline
1st String

I Root For: NO QUARTER
(03-10-2016 07:15 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  I doubt it.

Texas will look out for themselves.

If they ever fold the LHN, it will be for the conference network that will line their pockets with the most money and prestige.

They have all the cards, and a few tucked away for a rainy day.

It makes no sense for Texas to expand, the end.
03-10-2016 07:23 PM
Stookey57 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UConn, BC
I think your right about uconn, they bring a lot of eyes with them and their football has improved
03-10-2016 07:27 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(03-10-2016 06:33 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  

Dayton, VCU, Wichita

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
03-10-2016 08:00 PM
Advertisement

blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(03-10-2016 06:35 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  Had lunch with someone from the big 12 today and he was laughing that it's amazing how all these people outside the big 12 know what they're going to do when they have no clue right now
No you weren't.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
03-10-2016 08:01 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

I had lunch with Bowlsby today. He told me he wishes you were more attentive in the drive through window because you've jacked up his order three times in a row now.

Also...please don't tell me you had your Dairy Whip uniform on with the B12 dude at lunch. You did change didn't you?
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 09:33 PM by Bearcats#1.)
03-10-2016 09:31 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(03-10-2016 06:08 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 05:59 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  

Sure thing. 01-wingedeagle

UCONN going to its first bowl game in 5 years isn't much growth. Neither is beating a NY6 Bowl Champion during the regular season...

Compared to where you were in the Big East...conference champion as recently as 2010...no you havent grown(yet)
03-11-2016 11:33 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
I think the Big 12 adds these four:

BYU
Cincinnati
Connecticut
Memphis.
03-11-2016 11:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.