Nice article featuring the 49ers:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/...site-games
03-10-2016 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
RE: Neutral Site Games (College Baseball)
The best college baseball game I ever went to was Southern Miss vs. Miss State at the Mississippi Braves park. It was an awesome feel. I didn't have a dog in the fight but enjoyed the ambiance of the park.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 11:42 AM by pilot172000.)
03-10-2016 11:38 AM
eaglenjxn Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-10-2016 11:38 AM)pilot172000 Wrote:  The best college baseball game I ever went to was Southern Miss vs. Miss State at the Mississippi Braves park. It was an awesome feel. I didn't have a dog in the fight but enjoyed the ambiance of the park.

When they first started doing those games at Trustmark, the crowds were unbelievable with a great atmosphere for a midweek game. There have been some fun games there, too I think it was 2008 when we hit a walkoff shot to dead center in the bottom of the 10th to beat Ole Miss.

The novelty has kind of worn off, though. Still fun games to go to, though. Plus....beer at college baseball.
03-10-2016 11:57 AM
Advertisement

Irish Rowdy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTSA
(03-10-2016 11:57 AM)eaglenjxn Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 11:38 AM)pilot172000 Wrote:  The best college baseball game I ever went to was Southern Miss vs. Miss State at the Mississippi Braves park. It was an awesome feel. I didn't have a dog in the fight but enjoyed the ambiance of the park.

When they first started doing those games at Trustmark, the crowds were unbelievable with a great atmosphere for a midweek game. There have been some fun games there, too I think it was 2008 when we hit a walkoff shot to dead center in the bottom of the 10th to beat Ole Miss.

The novelty has kind of worn off, though. Still fun games to go to, though. Plus....beer at college baseball.

Come to a UTSA game. We sell beer at the games on campus.
03-10-2016 12:16 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

The Governors Cup is a great thing. I would go again if given a chance. Beer at Baseball Game is a beautiful.
03-10-2016 12:24 PM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
ODU had a game against UVA last year at Harbor Park in Norfolk. It broke the all time attendance record for a college baseball game in VA. They're doing again this year but I think it's midweek during the day
03-10-2016 12:38 PM
eaglenjxn Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-10-2016 12:16 PM)Irish Rowdy Wrote:  

Come to a UTSA game. We sell beer at the games on campus.

Well, I'm actually working on my doctorate at South Alabama which I learned last week sells beer at games despite an on-campus stadium.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 12:44 PM by eaglenjxn.)
03-10-2016 12:43 PM
Advertisement

pilot172000 Offline
All American

I would attend a lot more stuff on campus which is an hour and fifteen minutes away if I knew I didn't have to get drunk first, but could instead enjoy the beer while I rooted for my Dawgs. It would also prevent Stinkfist from sneeking out at half-time and drinking all my PBR!!03-drunk03-drunk
03-10-2016 12:57 PM
CyrusJS Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
Neutral Site Games (College Baseball)
WKU hosts UL and UK at a "neutral" site in the minor league park in Bowling Green. It's not really neutral though. Back when the park first opened, it set the all time KY attendance record for baseball. We went on to beat UK in that game.

We sell beer at on campus park and at the minor league park.
03-10-2016 01:39 PM
Advertisement

ExcitedOwl18 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
Beer is sold at Rice games as well, but in a segregated area on the third base line known as "The Roost."
03-10-2016 01:43 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

If they would sell beer at college baseball games in Ruston. I would venture to say that attendance would go up 50% minimum. When I was in college, The Shreveport Sports had a $1 Beer $1 Hotdog nights on Thursdays. Those were special days!
03-10-2016 02:22 PM
Irish Rowdy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTSA
(03-10-2016 01:43 PM)ExcitedOwl18 Wrote:  Beer is sold at Rice games as well, but in a segregated area on the third base line known as "The Roost."

I know UTSA fans that went to the series at Rice last year. They all said "The Roost" was a really cool area to watch a college game.
03-10-2016 06:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.