Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This is what the ACC should do now!
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Exclamation This is what the ACC should do now!
How about this Texas and Notre Dame same deal with ACC. Then Kansas and Oklahoma as full ACC members. That is 16 in football and 18 in all other sports. This would increase our revenue , our status and our power in both football and men's basketball.

Notre Dame
Texas

Northern Division
Kansas
Oklahoma
Louisville
Boston College
Syracuse
Pitt
Virginia Tech
Miami

Southern Division
Virginia
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Duke
Wake Forest
Clemson
Georgia Tech
FSU
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2016 11:37 AM by Wilkie01.)
03-06-2016 11:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
RE: This is what the ACC should do now!
I'm all for unequal revenue sharing.

We already have it....let's do it all the way.
03-06-2016 12:30 PM
ren.hoek Offline
1st String

I Root For: Clemson
This is what the ACC should do now!
(03-06-2016 11:36 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  How about this Texas and Notre Dame same deal with ACC. Then Kansas and Oklahoma as full ACC members. That is 16 in football and 18 in all other sports. This would increase our revenue , our status and our power in both football and men's basketball.

Notre Dame
Texas

Northern Division
Kansas
Oklahoma
Louisville
Boston College
Syracuse
Pitt
Virginia Tech
Miami

Southern Division
Virginia
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Duke
Wake Forest
Clemson
Georgia Tech
FSU

For the one trillionth time, no more partial memberships. Notre Dame is unique and Texas, despite what they would tell us, is not.
03-06-2016 04:37 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Lol, That would get the B1G & SEC panties in a wad.
03-06-2016 07:38 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
If we haven't already offered Texas a ND deal, we 100% should. They'd never join because the Big XII 100% would match to keep them. However, that alone is a benefit to the ACC because it makes the Big XII (as a whole) weaker.
03-07-2016 12:09 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(03-06-2016 11:36 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  How about this Texas and Notre Dame same deal with ACC. Then Kansas and Oklahoma as full ACC members. That is 16 in football and 18 in all other sports. This would increase our revenue , our status and our power in both football and men's basketball.

Northern Division
Notre Dame
Kansas
Louisville
Boston College
Syracuse
Pitt
Virginia Tech
Miami
Virginia

Southern Division
Texas
Oklahoma
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Duke
Wake Forest
Clemson
Georgia Tech
FSU

And This would probably move the ACC into the Top or #2 slot among the P4
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016 12:24 PM by CardFan1.)
03-07-2016 12:19 PM
Advertisement

omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
(03-06-2016 04:37 PM)ren.hoek Wrote:  

Notre Dame
Texas

Northern Division
Kansas
Oklahoma
Louisville
Boston College
Syracuse
Pitt
Virginia Tech
Miami

Southern Division
Virginia
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Duke
Wake Forest
Clemson
Georgia Tech
FSU

For the one trillionth time, no more partial memberships. Notre Dame is unique and Texas, despite what they would tell us, is not.

I don't think Texas has been (or is even now currently) interested in a partial agreement like ND's. However, when they were approached by the ACC back in 2011(?), it was about full membership then, not a partial deal.

To have a shot at Texas, imho, there is going to need to be a very Texas friendly pod. And even then, as long as the B12 continues on, that is their best option.

Cheers,
Neil
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016 01:12 PM by omniorange.)
03-07-2016 01:11 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(03-07-2016 12:09 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  If we haven't already offered Texas a ND deal, we 100% should. They'd never join because the Big XII 100% would match to keep them. However, that alone is a benefit to the ACC because it makes the Big XII (as a whole) weaker.

While we are at it, let's offer the same deal to Alabama and Ohio State!
05-stirthepot
03-07-2016 01:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(03-07-2016 01:48 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 12:09 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  If we haven't already offered Texas a ND deal, we 100% should. They'd never join because the Big XII 100% would match to keep them. However, that alone is a benefit to the ACC because it makes the Big XII (as a whole) weaker.

While we are at it, let's offer the same deal to Alabama and Ohio State!
05-stirthepot

It only works with really, really top-heavy conferences. I'm not sold that Alabama would be better off taking the deal, so the threat to leave isn't credible.

Now, if you offered to cover them on footballRX.... well... that's an entirely different story. 03-razz
03-07-2016 04:31 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
Texas as a partial could work for everybody. 5 game deal with ACC just like ND in football. All of Texas' common ACC Olympic sports are full members with a GoR signed. Texas can keep those sports that the ACC don't play in the Big12. Texas could also pledge 5 games to the remaining Big 12.

The LHN would be able to get a much higher rate in all of ACC territory as it would have multiple ACC football games on it, not to mention the Olympic sports. ESPN wins big time. The Big 12 still gets some Texas Olympics and 5 or so football games with them but now can add teams to have CCG and have their own network.

In the Olympic sports the ACC would be at 16 teams so no reason to add any other schools.

Texas could be added to the Orange Bowl agreement just like ND so the ACC stands to gain some money there as well.

With the stellar Olympic sports involving ND and Texas, the ACC could develope their own subscription based network in order to take advantage of emerging technologies.

BTW, it will support ND remaining independent. I think there are pluses and minuses to that, but really more pluses.
03-08-2016 04:51 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Not with the Texas as a partial member like Norte Dame...ND has been a Independent for it entire existence.

All for Texas in the ACC and they can bring a partner with them-(TCU or Baylor)...no more partials
03-08-2016 05:29 PM
Advertisement

HtownOrange Offline
All American

I Root For: Syracuse
Texas likes being in a conference and has not shown interest in being an indy. Texas lacks a national following like ND. Texas and OU rule the Big 12. What is in this proposed deal for Teas to go indy? Really, nothing. They could not beat up the regional patsies (let's be honest, once Texas rebuilds, only OU in the Big 12 can play with them) as they would need an ND-esque schedule. They would not have a reasonable road to the playoffs. They would lose out on conference payouts (they are not getting a nationwide deal like ND has with NBC). Just an opinion, but this is not a good deal for anyone.
03-09-2016 07:49 PM
opossum Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Duke
I say no more partial/transitional members until the current transitional member (Notre Dame) becomes a full member.
03-10-2016 04:06 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(03-10-2016 04:06 AM)opossum Wrote:  I say no more partial/transitional members until the current transitional member (Notre Dame) becomes a full member.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic
03-10-2016 08:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(03-10-2016 04:06 AM)opossum Wrote:  I say no more partial/transitional members until the current transitional member (Notre Dame) becomes a full member.

ND isn't a transitional member.
03-10-2016 12:21 PM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
(03-09-2016 07:49 PM)HtownOrange Wrote:  Texas likes being in a conference and has not shown interest in being an indy. Texas lacks a national following like ND. Texas and OU rule the Big 12.

Texas WANTS a national following though...they WANT to be National

They just don't know how to make it happen. They are afraid to let go of the regionality, but want their own network.

If Texas got the same kind of ND deal, they'd have partial FB games, and they'd get in to ACC basketball....it would be a huge step up
03-10-2016 12:29 PM
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
IMO, it would be better for the ACC if Texas and ND did not have voting power regarding football. We can make money off them both but still be at arms length. We make money, they make football decisions best for themselves. Of coarse, Texas will have to go undefeated in order to make the CFP just like ND. At least they wouldn't have to play in a CCG which is what they appear to want.
03-10-2016 12:44 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-10-2016 12:44 PM)Dasville Wrote:  IMO, it would be better for the ACC if Texas and ND did not have voting power regarding football. We can make money off them both but still be at arms length. We make money, they make football decisions best for themselves. Of coarse, Texas will have to go undefeated in order to make the CFP just like ND. At least they wouldn't have to play in a CCG which is what they appear to want.

As long as ND plays 5 ACC teams every year, they aren't going undefeated.
05-nono05-mafia04-rock
03-10-2016 02:23 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(03-10-2016 02:23 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 12:44 PM)Dasville Wrote:  IMO, it would be better for the ACC if Texas and ND did not have voting power regarding football. We can make money off them both but still be at arms length. We make money, they make football decisions best for themselves. Of coarse, Texas will have to go undefeated in order to make the CFP just like ND. At least they wouldn't have to play in a CCG which is what they appear to want.

05-nono05-mafia04-rock

You are right, ND only went 5-1 against the ACC last year in football, losing at Clemson by 2 points.
03-10-2016 04:33 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-10-2016 04:33 PM)TerryD Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 02:23 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

05-nono05-mafia04-rock

You are right, ND only went 5-1 against the ACC last year in football, losing at Clemson by 2 points.

So not even in your best year? Uh-oh.
05-stirthepot
03-10-2016 04:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.