WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who's on KB's most wanted list if Fleck sails to Illinois?
Broncos83 Online
All American

I Root For: WMU
Who's on KB's most wanted list if Fleck sails to Illinois?
No clue if Fleck will get the Illinois job or not. Still plenty to prove from a results standpoint in my mind. And, Illinois can't afford another MAC "reach" given Beckman's demise and Groce's results to date. But, KB must have a running list of potential replacement candidates given the PJ talk of late. So, who's on it???
03-05-2016 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Who's on KB's most wanted list if Fleck sails to Illinois?
Yeah, losing a head coach in March... yikes. I don't think UI fills the spot with Fleck, but who knows.
03-05-2016 01:12 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

Not to mention the only way Illinois is a better job is money. That program is full-on dumpster fire right now, he has a good thing going here

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
03-05-2016 01:17 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
According to Beauregard's recent radio interview Fleck doesn't want to leave until he finishes what he started here.
03-05-2016 01:33 PM
Advertisement

Broncos83 Online
All American

Mike Sanford? Would Al Golden be a fit?
03-05-2016 04:04 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(03-05-2016 01:33 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  According to Beauregard's recent radio interview Fleck doesn't want to leave until he finishes what he started here.

That's right. And we all know that Peej never lies to the people he loves.
03-05-2016 06:00 PM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

KB mentioned in her interview that there will be anxiety on both sides when WMU faces Illinois this fall. Looks like the anxiety levels for WMU have gone down a notch with Cubit gone. Anyone think WMUs chances at a win have gone up with the turmoil at Illinois? Seems like a lot of miffed players learning about the firing through Twitter.Maybe all is forgotten depending on who the new coach is, lots of work for the new coach to get this team unified and performing by the fall.Go WMU!
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2016 08:52 AM by goldsworth.)
03-06-2016 08:51 AM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Our chances just got much better.

They apparently are going to have a new coach who hasn't coached CFB in 20-plus years implementing a new system with players he didn't recruit.
03-06-2016 08:53 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
I think the Illinois players will like their new coach, respect him for his success in the NFL, and will be motivated to succeed. I think even though cubit is a good coach, because Illinois was such a mess, and so much unsettled there, the players would have had a hard time motivating themselves this upcoming season. But now they have someone to rally around.

Former NFL coaches can do well in the college game if they are willing to work at the things that make college coaching different.

I would rather have played Illinois under cubit. Thought that would have brought more excitement to the game.
03-06-2016 09:06 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I don't think our chances change much. If anything, we can focus on just the game now.
03-06-2016 09:08 AM
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(03-06-2016 08:51 AM)goldsworth Wrote:  KB mentioned in her interview that there will be anxiety on both sides when WMU faces Illinois this fall. Looks like the anxiety levels for WMU have gone down a notch with Cubit gone. Anyone think WMUs chances at a win have gone up with the turmoil at Illinois? Seems like a lot of miffed players learning about the firing through Twitter.Maybe all is forgotten depending on who the new coach is, lots of work for the new coach to get this team unified and performing by the fall.Go WMU!

GO WMU INDEED!!! Man I'm fired up for Bronco football this morning. March 6... 03-banghead
03-06-2016 09:08 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(03-06-2016 09:08 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  I don't think our chances change much. If anything, we can focus on just the game now.

The players can. I'll be at a wedding! 05-mafia
03-06-2016 09:09 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Cubit-coached WMU beat Illini the year after they went to Rose Bowl.

Supposedly Fleck has improved our talent and program immeasurably since then.

Illinois is a hot steaming mess of instability, including (according to the experts on BS) a recruiting class not as talented as ours.

No way we should lose to them this Fall.
03-06-2016 09:34 AM
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Right on. Here's to a Champaign Supernova.
03-06-2016 09:55 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
I think with Wes Lunt (QB) his senior year coming in, and their good WR set and a better running game -- their O will NOT be as good, notably early in the year, with Cubit gone.

Their D was aimed to be in a more shaky position, but Lovie will shore that up... but their O, where their strong suit is, won't be.

If Lovie was hired at the end of the regular season, I would say IDK. But at this point? With our game an early-season game? We have a better chance. On top of that, Cubit would take us just as seriously as playing a fellow Big Ten team, Lovie won't.
03-10-2016 10:13 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-10-2016 10:13 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  I think with Wes Lunt (QB) his senior year coming in, and their good WR set and a better running game -- their O will NOT be as good, notably early in the year, with Cubit gone.

Their D was aimed to be in a more shaky position, but Lovie will shore that up... but their O, where their strong suit is, won't be.

If Lovie was hired at the end of the regular season, I would say IDK. But at this point? With our game an early-season game? We have a better chance. On top of that, Cubit would take us just as seriously as playing a fellow Big Ten team, Lovie won't.
Coaches are only as good as the talent they have to coach up. Illinois has been bereft of talent. Next year will be no different. The fact is the D side of the ball was already suspect. Unless Lovie has magic dust or something they will struggle.
03-10-2016 10:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.