Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

5 more races this weekend for Republicans
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/article...29878.html
Note: Article doesn't mention Puerto Rico which votes Sunday. Rubio is heavy favorite there. Note that current rules require a candidate to win 8 states to have his name put into nomination. Its 10 Trump, 4 Cruz, 1 Rubio right now.

With the GOP field now down to a quartet, Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and John Kasich are competing in Maine, Kansas, Kentucky and Louisiana. Democrats Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are vying for support in Nebraska, Kansas and Louisiana.

Some states require candidates to get at least 20 percent of the vote to claim any delegates, but candidates in Kentucky must get just 5 percent of the statewide vote to get delegates, and in Kansas and Maine the bar is 10 percent. In Louisiana's primary, there is no threshold to earn a portion of the delegates.
Trump is the only one of the four to visit Kentucky, promising during a Louisville appearance that he'd lead a comeback for the state's struggling coal industry.

All four candidates have spent time in Louisiana, where Cruz hopes for strong support from born-again Christians, but so far Trump has been siphoning a considerable share of evangelicals.

Trump's "tapped into a level of frustration that transcends religiosity," said Ed Chervenak, who heads the University of New Orleans Survey Research Center.

Trump and Cruz both campaigned in Maine in the past week, but Rubio skipped the state.
03-05-2016 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: 5 more races this weekend for Republicans
The below site says that LA is a proportional state with a 20% threshold to receive delegates. I dont know if the site is correct or not, but the impact is that Rubio is not at the threshold according to the polls.

http://frontloading.blogspot.com/p/2016-...on-by.html

I'm betting that Trump and Cruz receive the majority of the delegates again this weekend, with Rubio a few, and Kasich possibly getting shut out.
03-05-2016 10:57 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
Great first chance to see if the last week has ended all Trump momentum.
03-05-2016 01:33 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
I just voted in Kentucky's Caucus. Enormous turnout for a closed caucus.
03-05-2016 01:57 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(03-05-2016 10:05 AM)bullet Wrote:  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/article...29878.html
Note: Article doesn't mention Puerto Rico which votes Sunday. Rubio is heavy favorite there. Note that current rules require a candidate to win 8 states to have his name put into nomination. Its 10 Trump, 4 Cruz, 1 Rubio right now.

With the GOP field now down to a quartet, Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and John Kasich are competing in Maine, Kansas, Kentucky and Louisiana. Democrats Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are vying for support in Nebraska, Kansas and Louisiana.

Some states require candidates to get at least 20 percent of the vote to claim any delegates, but candidates in Kentucky must get just 5 percent of the statewide vote to get delegates, and in Kansas and Maine the bar is 10 percent. In Louisiana's primary, there is no threshold to earn a portion of the delegates.
Trump is the only one of the four to visit Kentucky, promising during a Louisville appearance that he'd lead a comeback for the state's struggling coal industry.

All four candidates have spent time in Louisiana, where Cruz hopes for strong support from born-again Christians, but so far Trump has been siphoning a considerable share of evangelicals.

Trump's "tapped into a level of frustration that transcends religiosity," said Ed Chervenak, who heads the University of New Orleans Survey Research Center.

Trump and Cruz both campaigned in Maine in the past week, but Rubio skipped the state.

scary how long it took for the media to realize what some have been saying all along.....

they're fk'n morons....and woofy wookies watch....
03-05-2016 02:56 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

Clinton campaign is bracing their supporters for several losses this weekend. It appears Sanders will win the caucus states.

He wont be allowed to win the nomination, but winning a chunk of states is going to be good for his fundraising.
03-05-2016 03:27 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(03-05-2016 03:27 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Clinton campaign is bracing their supporters for several losses this weekend. It appears Sanders will win the caucus states.

He wont be allowed to win the nomination, but winning a chunk of states is going to be good for his fundraising.

The biggest prize this weekend for the Dems is Louisiana, where Hillary is ahead by 50 points. Bernie will probably win close in Nebraska and Kansas, and they'll split the delegates, and Hillary will come out ahead in both once you factor in the supers.

It's moot anyway, because on the 15th the truly big prizes start rolling in (Florida, NC, Ohio, Illinois), all projected to be Hillary routs.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2016 03:54 PM by Kronke.)
03-05-2016 03:45 PM
WKUApollo Offline

My prediction: Cruz wins at least 3 of the 4 states today.
03-05-2016 03:45 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

Cruz up 30 points in KS with 3% reporting. You would think the demographics would be similar enough in such a small state for the media to call it by now.
03-05-2016 03:50 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(03-05-2016 03:45 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  My prediction: Cruz wins at least 3 of the 4 states today.

The establishment will crap their pants.
03-05-2016 04:10 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(03-05-2016 03:50 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Cruz up 30 points in KS with 3% reporting. You would think the demographics would be similar enough in such a small state for the media to call it by now.

He's still up 22 points with 27% reporting. Its held steady for a while now.
03-05-2016 05:01 PM
Advertisement

chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
The caucus in Kentucky closed about an hour ago. At my caucus location in Louisville, there were workers from Trump and Rubio, but none for any of the other candidates. Turnout was in the range of 500 persons/hour from the caucus worker I talked to.
03-05-2016 05:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUApollo Offline

(03-05-2016 05:16 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  The caucus in Kentucky closed about an hour ago. At my caucus location in Louisville, there were workers from Trump and Rubio, but none for any of the other candidates. Turnout was in the range of 500 persons/hour from the caucus worker I talked to.

Actually, because 1/2 of Kentucky is in Central Time Zone and 1/2 in Eastern Time Zone. The Central half of the state just closed 10 minutes ago.

But yes, the only signs/tables I saw were for Cruz and Rubio. The Tea Party had a table butted up against the Cruz table, which indicates a lot.
03-05-2016 05:19 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

(03-05-2016 05:01 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 03:50 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Cruz up 30 points in KS with 3% reporting. You would think the demographics would be similar enough in such a small state for the media to call it by now.

40% in now, Cruz still at ~50%. Why won't they call it? They call some states on exit polls where Trump wins with ~35% of the vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-05-2016 05:37 PM
WKUApollo Offline

(03-05-2016 05:37 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

40% in now, Cruz still at ~50%. Why won't they call it? They call some states on exit polls where Trump wins with ~35% of the vote.

The media has an agenda. Ooops....I know we all know that.
03-05-2016 05:39 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

75% of the Kansas vote is going for the anti-establishment. Way to go Mitt. Your speech increased the anti-establishment vote by 10 points.
03-05-2016 05:44 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(03-05-2016 03:45 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 03:27 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Clinton campaign is bracing their supporters for several losses this weekend. It appears Sanders will win the caucus states.

The biggest prize this weekend for the Dems is Louisiana, where Hillary is ahead by 50 points. Bernie will probably win close in Nebraska and Kansas, and they'll split the delegates, and Hillary will come out ahead in both once you factor in the supers.

It's moot anyway, because on the 15th the truly big prizes start rolling in (Florida, NC, Ohio, Illinois), all projected to be Hillary routs.

gotta toss a knuckler.....why in the fk is there not a mandate that the day is the same when voting?

caucus, primary, tuesday, saturday......

it's just godammmed stupid.....

or am I the only fk'r that sees this?
03-05-2016 05:44 PM
stinkfist Offline

(03-05-2016 05:39 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 05:37 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

The media has an agenda. Ooops....I know we all know that.

once again....puppies that go woofy....

it's amazingly stupid how people are....not only does the media control your brain, but commercials now make up ^50% of what most of yaz write about.....

why do you think my tv is nothing more than another muted instrument.....

it's fk'n pathetic.....

it's why I'm here....I have to pay attention to something at this point....
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2016 05:50 PM by stinkfist.)
03-05-2016 05:48 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

Damn. Cruz now at 54% with 49% reporting. He's killing it.
03-05-2016 05:49 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

It looks like its been called now for Cruz. (Probably because there arent enough votes left for anyone to overtake him. )

He's at 51% with 61% reporting.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2016 05:51 PM by UofMstateU.)
03-05-2016 05:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.