Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dumpster fire
Bookmark and Share
adunifon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Dumpster fire
That's what this basketball season has become. Can't even list all of the problems there are so many.

Mercifully it'll be over Monday night.
03-04-2016 09:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
RE: Dumpster fire
Yeah the team has talent but for some reason they don't play together when it matters most. Need an upgrade at pg and hope Taylor is a beast inside next year or we will have no help there
03-04-2016 09:23 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Dumpster fire
Bad ft shooting
Terrible rebounding
Awful penetration d
Lazy passes leading to turnovers
Senseless Larry bastfield dribbling leading to turnovers
Bad 3 point defense. Hands are never up.
03-04-2016 09:28 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

36 years and counting of irrelevancy for our mens basketball program...when will it end?
03-04-2016 10:32 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Dumpster fire
You'd think one year you'd just stumble into it. Hasn't happened though.
03-04-2016 10:35 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Just need to be more like our AD and athletic department...be complacent and accept mediocrity. Sucky baseball program? Check. Sucky softball program? Check. Sucky volleyball program? Check. Sucky swim & dive program? Check. Soccer & mens bball in decline? Check. Football program that can't get past 2nd place in the Division? Check. Thank God for the Lady Rockets and Women's golf.
03-04-2016 10:55 PM
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

Dumpster fire
(03-04-2016 10:55 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Just need to be more like our AD and athletic department...be complacent and accept mediocrity. Sucky baseball program? Check. Sucky softball program? Check. Sucky volleyball program? Check. Sucky swim & dive program? Check. Soccer & mens bball in decline? Check. Football program that can't get past 2nd place in the Division? Check. Thank God for the Lady Rockets and Women's golf.

Lady rockets haven made it to the dance in quite some time either.
03-04-2016 11:02 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Playing EMU strikes me as a little like playing OU in football back in the wishbone days. The constant zone isn't something you prepare for except two weeks a year. We threw so many soft passes to EMU defenders on the wing it almost looked intentional.
03-04-2016 11:04 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(03-04-2016 11:02 PM)adunifon Wrote:  
(03-04-2016 10:55 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Just need to be more like our AD and athletic department...be complacent and accept mediocrity. Sucky baseball program? Check. Sucky softball program? Check. Sucky volleyball program? Check. Sucky swim & dive program? Check. Soccer & mens bball in decline? Check. Football program that can't get past 2nd place in the Division? Check. Thank God for the Lady Rockets and Women's golf.

No. But they really turned their season around and did much better than I would have predicted. And they've played tough down the stretch with arguably less overall talent than I thought the men had. So kudos to them--they've made me a believer, even if they don't last long in the MAC tournament. I'm giving serious thought to changing my season tix from mens to women's basketball next season.
03-04-2016 11:06 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-04-2016 11:06 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  

No. But they really turned their season around and did much better than I would have predicted. And they've played tough down the stretch with arguably less overall talent than I thought the men had. So kudos to them--they've made me a believer, even if they don't last long in the MAC tournament. I'm giving serious thought to changing my season tix from mens to women's basketball next season.

Hmmm, I expected sub .500 from the men and much better play from the women.
03-04-2016 11:24 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!

04-bow 04-cheers
03-04-2016 11:31 PM
Advertisement

FrickerRon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
(03-04-2016 11:24 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(03-04-2016 11:06 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  

Hmmm, I expected sub .500 from the men and much better play from the women.

I heard that Coach K hired a new coach, Jim McDonald has come back from the grave and will coach the players on how to play DEFENSE. Sorry Jim, you were the best, rest in peace.
03-05-2016 11:41 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold

Yep, and there are some that seem to think we should bolt the MAC !!01-wingedeagle
Overall, our athletic programs (with the exception of football) are in somewhat of a decline...
03-05-2016 11:44 AM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

I Root For: Toledo
I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying that our women's basketball program won 65th place a few years ago and is the jewel of our athletics program...
03-05-2016 04:56 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Women's golf has never won a MAC title.
03-05-2016 05:11 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(03-05-2016 05:11 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

No. But the program has been getting steadily better. Can't say that for most of the lower profile sports at UT.
03-05-2016 05:58 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-05-2016 05:11 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

They never will unless something horrendous happens to Kent's program. They've won it annually forever. 15 straight, I believe.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2016 08:01 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
03-05-2016 08:00 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(03-05-2016 11:44 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  [quote='bcunn3128' pid='13068505' dateline='1457150146']
Just need to be more like our AD and athletic department...be complacent and accept mediocrity. Sucky baseball program? Check. Sucky softball program? Check. Sucky volleyball program? Check. Sucky swim & dive program? Check. Soccer & mens bball in decline? Check. Football program that can't get past 2nd place in the Division? Check. Thank God for the Lady Rockets and Women's golf.

Yep, and there are some that seem to think we should bolt the MAC !!01-wingedeagle
Overall, our athletic programs (with the exception of football) are in somewhat of a decline...
[/quote

Rocket Men's BB won 15 games from 2008-09 to 2010-11. Two year ago they played in the MAC title game against WMU after going 15-13 the season before. The Rocket Men have averaged about 20 wins a year over the past 5 seasons. I wouldn't say the program is in a decline. This a very young team that will win 20+ games next season and should be a top 4 seed in Cleveland next year
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2016 09:34 PM by Boca Rocket.)
03-05-2016 09:33 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
(03-05-2016 09:33 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 11:44 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  [quote='bcunn3128' pid='13068505' dateline='1457150146']

[/quote

Rocket Men's BB won 15 games from 2008-09 to 2010-11. Two year ago they played in the MAC title game against WMU after going 15-13 the season before. The Rocket Men have averaged about 20 wins a year over the past 5 seasons. I wouldn't say the program is in a decline. This a very young team that will win 20+ games next season and should be a top 4 seed in Cleveland next year

That's just the fan in you talking. There's no reason to think that the Rockets will be top four in the MAC next year or win 20 games. I think at best we'll have about as good a team next year as we did this year. That still could mean winning a game or two more in conference since we lost so many close ones this year. So, yeah, we could go 10-8 and sneak into the fourth spot, but I doubt it.

Boothe does an awful lot for this team. I know everyone thinks that Taylor looks tall and muscular, but I'm guessing that he's no Nathan Boothe since he wasn't a serious factor at Marquette, which Boothe certainly would have been. And as for a freshman Knapke replacing a senior Boothe in any fashion, that's a complete fantasy. Now if we could play Knapke and Taylor at the same time along with four other guys on the floor, then maybe . . .
03-05-2016 10:07 PM
rocketpaul Online
1st String

(03-05-2016 10:07 PM)Dwight Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 09:33 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

[/quote

That's just the fan in you talking. There's no reason to think that the Rockets will be top four in the MAC next year or win 20 games. I think at best we'll have about as good a team next year as we did this year. That still could mean winning a game or two more in conference since we lost so many close ones this year. So, yeah, we could go 10-8 and sneak into the fourth spot, but I doubt it.

Boothe does an awful lot for this team. I know everyone thinks that Taylor looks tall and muscular, but I'm guessing that he's no Nathan Boothe since he wasn't a serious factor at Marquette, which Boothe certainly would have been. And as for a freshman Knapke replacing a senior Boothe in any fashion, that's a complete fantasy. Now if we could play Knapke and Taylor at the same time along with four other guys on the floor, then maybe . . .
There is NO REASON TO THINK THAT THE ROCKETS CAN'T WIN THE MAC NEXT SEASON, They will have 3 Seniors starters 1 that will be 1 of the top returning scorers in the league. Sanford will be an all league player before he is done Navigato may be as well. I do have to say that the we will have too have the Freshman point guard come through and that is a huge wildcard. Two more thing IF THIS SEASON WAS A DUMPSTER FIRE THAN AT LEAST IT WASN'T AN HBOMB EXPLOSION LIKE WE HAD FOR 3 YEARS IN A ROW. Secondly THE SEASON IS NOT OVER ON MONDAY THEY WILL PLAY IN THAT OTHER TOURNAMENT AND WILL STILL WIN 20 GAMES.

ROCKET ON!!!!!
03-05-2016 10:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.