Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Things could be worse, you could be Rutgers basketball.
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Things could be worse, you could be Rutgers basketball.
http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/inde...coach.html

They are at the bottom of the bottom, but that being said some really good names listed here that the AAC AD’s who are looking for a coach should be talking to.

Personally ide love to see Herb Sendek in the ECU job, he would be a home run hire for you guys. He’s currently (I believe) not coaching, knows the Carolina market and has proven he can build a program.
03-04-2016 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tim Johnson Offline
2nd String

I Root For: cincinnati
RE: Things could be worse, you could be Rutgers basketball.
Rutgers gets paid well to be the bottom of the bottom, I wonder how their fans feel about being a big loser vs making money. I know they loved going to the big when it happened.
03-04-2016 03:06 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Many High Schools have better basketball facilities/arenas than Rutgers...as no clue what they did even with all of their Big East $$$ as they never even bothered to build a basketball practice facility nor do major renovation of their terrible gym.
03-04-2016 03:39 PM
Advertisement

NYCTUFan Offline
All American

(03-04-2016 03:06 PM)Tim Johnson Wrote:  Rutgers gets paid well to be the bottom of the bottom, I wonder how their fans feel about being a big loser vs making money. I know they loved going to the big when it happened.

For the school it's great, for the fans it's pretty bad. 0 conference wins in basketball this season and they had 12 losses by more than 20 including a 50 point loss at home vs Purdue. 2-33 in conference over the last 2 seasons including 32 in a row with only Minnesota left. That's a tough stretch.
03-04-2016 03:49 PM
megadrone Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(03-04-2016 03:06 PM)Tim Johnson Wrote:  Rutgers gets paid well to be the bottom of the bottom, I wonder how their fans feel about being a big loser vs making money. I know they loved going to the big when it happened.

Well, we're not paid yet! We're probably doing slightly better than we did while we were in the Big East, but we won't get a full share of Big 10 revenue until 2021.

Obviously no one was happy with the results for football this year. Flood was hired to save a recruiting class, and that class should have been on the field last year as upperclassmen. Obviously, the strategy failed. But in 2014, we had a couple of conference wins and won our bowl game. I'm hopeful that Ash can get us back in the right direction.

Women's Soccer and Wrestling both had great years -- Final four for soccer and Wrestling finished the season ranked. We recently had some conference champions in track.

Basketball is an entirely different story, it went downhill when I was an undergrad in the 80s and hasn't done much better since. This year was particularly bad and painful to watch.

As far as the conference move goes, we're in a conference of peer schools, moreso than we ever were in the Big East/American.

(03-04-2016 03:39 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  Many High Schools have better basketball facilities/arenas than Rutgers...as no clue what they did even with all of their Big East $$$ as they never even bothered to build a basketball practice facility nor do major renovation of their terrible gym.

Money was spent on Football. Basketball has been poorly supported since the RAC was built in the 70s. As I indicated above, basketball was profitable through the Waters years, so no real reason to invest in it.
03-04-2016 03:59 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: RE: Things could be worse, you could be Rutgers basketball.
(03-04-2016 02:57 PM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/inde...coach.html

They are at the bottom of the bottom, but that being said some really good names listed here that the AAC AD’s who are looking for a coach should be talking to.

Personally ide love to see Herb Sendek in the ECU job, he would be a home run hire for you guys. He’s currently (I believe) not coaching, knows the Carolina market and has proven he can build a program.

Or really really worse. Actually live in new jersey
03-04-2016 04:04 PM
UHDC Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston
(03-04-2016 03:59 PM)megadrone Wrote:  

Well, we're not paid yet! We're probably doing slightly better than we did while we were in the Big East, but we won't get a full share of Big 10 revenue until 2021.

Obviously no one was happy with the results for football this year. Flood was hired to save a recruiting class, and that class should have been on the field last year as upperclassmen. Obviously, the strategy failed. But in 2014, we had a couple of conference wins and won our bowl game. I'm hopeful that Ash can get us back in the right direction.

Women's Soccer and Wrestling both had great years -- Final four for soccer and Wrestling finished the season ranked. We recently had some conference champions in track.

Basketball is an entirely different story, it went downhill when I was an undergrad in the 80s and hasn't done much better since. This year was particularly bad and painful to watch.

As far as the conference move goes, we're in a conference of peer schools, moreso than we ever were in the Big East/American.

(03-04-2016 03:39 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  Many High Schools have better basketball facilities/arenas than Rutgers...as no clue what they did even with all of their Big East $$$ as they never even bothered to build a basketball practice facility nor do major renovation of their terrible gym.

Money was spent on Football. Basketball has been poorly supported since the RAC was built in the 70s. As I indicated above, basketball was profitable through the Waters years, so no real reason to invest in it.

Conference peers would mean that the rest of the B1G respects Rutgers, I can assure you they don't.
03-04-2016 04:42 PM
Advertisement

Tim Johnson Offline
2nd String

I Root For: cincinnati
Every conference has bottom feeders, and normally they're not respected. It's always been that way.
03-04-2016 05:55 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

Legalized prostitution.
03-04-2016 09:40 PM
Advertisement

TheBigEastSucks Offline
1st String

I Root For: NO QUARTER
(03-04-2016 02:57 PM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/inde...coach.html

Not really, Lebo locked down to 2021. Give me Mike Davis or give me death
03-04-2016 09:44 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
Rutgers plays basketball?
03-04-2016 11:40 PM
jerrycoog92 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Houston Cougars
On the bright side at least this coach isn't assaulting his players in practice.
03-05-2016 01:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.