Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Memphis coaching change ?
taximan1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Temple
Memphis coaching change ?
In watching the Memphis - Temple game, I was shocked how poorly coached Memphis is. Not trying to trash them, but with studs like Lawson and Goodwin, they looked confused on the court. Temple had long lulls out there and Memphis couldnt come back.

Is Pastner gone ?
03-04-2016 09:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
RE: Memphis coaching change ?
People who post on sports message boards dont make decisions like that...the folks who do make those decisions will decide after the AAC tourney.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 01:17 PM by UofMemphis.)
03-04-2016 09:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stxrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
(03-04-2016 09:06 AM)taximan1 Wrote:  In watching the Memphis - Temple game, I was shocked how poorly coached Memphis is. Not trying to trash them, but with studs like Lawson and Goodwin, they looked confused on the court. Temple had long lulls out there and Memphis couldnt come back.

Is Pastner gone ?

Rip Van Winkle, is that you?
03-04-2016 09:11 AM
Advertisement

oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(03-04-2016 09:06 AM)taximan1 Wrote:  In watching the Memphis - Temple game, I was shocked how poorly coached Memphis is. Not trying to trash them, but with studs like Lawson and Goodwin, they looked confused on the court. Temple had long lulls out there and Memphis couldnt come back.

Is Pastner gone ?
There has been significant discussion around here on that topic, but perhaps you've just not been when it was discussed. This is believed to be Josh's last year as Memphis' head coach.
03-04-2016 10:26 AM
WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UH
That buy-out tho!
03-04-2016 10:38 AM
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(03-04-2016 10:26 AM)oldtiger Wrote:  

Is Pastner gone ?
There has been significant discussion around here on that topic, but perhaps you've just not been when it was discussed. This is believed to be Josh's last year as Memphis' head coach.

All I know is that I would rather see $10.6 million spent on facilities than paying a man (who received on-the-job training at UofM expense) to leave. I also think basketball coaches get a little too much credit for winning and too much blame for losing.
03-04-2016 10:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tampa Bay Tiger Offline
Heisman

Pastner is a clown. The highest paid clown in the history of college basketball. We are stuck with him for at least 1 more year, maybe 2. Worst contract in sports history, hands down.
03-04-2016 10:53 AM
Advertisement

oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(03-04-2016 10:53 AM)Tampa Bay Tiger Wrote:  Pastner is a clown. The highest paid clown in the history of college basketball. We are stuck with him for at least 1 more year, maybe 2. Worst contract in sports history, hands down.
Things haven't worked out for Memphis or Josh Pastner like each had planned, however he is not a clown.

Josh clearly cares very deeply for the program, the players, and the fans in addition to being a basketball junkie who works longer hours than any of us at our job while running as clean of a program as is run at this level.

It just hasn't worked out here as he or any of us had expected and he will be replaced. However, he doesn't deserve to be referred to as a clown by some anonymous knucklehead on a public message board. I'm very confident that I'm in the strong majority of those that know basketball in stating the above and you're in the wacko minority .

Congratulation, you've probably spurred as strong of a negative response from me as I can recall.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 04:24 PM by oldtiger.)
03-04-2016 04:20 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Did Pastner really say that Cal's last 4 years at UM were... "Cal, not Memphis."

That doesn't sound good. To me, that sounds like he's checked out.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 05:13 PM by BigEastHomer.)
03-04-2016 05:13 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(03-04-2016 05:13 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Did Pastner really say that Cal's last 4 years at UM were... "Cal, not Memphis."

That doesn't sound good. To me, that sounds like he's checked out.

Yeah, he said that. He also said if we wanted those 4 years again, we need to hire Cal again.

I don't think he has checked out. I think he is totally frustrated, doesn't know what else to do, and is not very good at thinking on his feet, when confronted with tough questions. I also think he feels he is being unfairly criticized, due to having to follow Calipari. JMO.
03-04-2016 05:52 PM
Tim Johnson Offline
2nd String

I Root For: cincinnati
Pastner will probably stay at Memphis, he'll win just enough to keep his job.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 06:03 PM by Tim Johnson.)
03-04-2016 06:02 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(03-04-2016 06:02 PM)Tim Johnson Wrote:  Pastner will probably stay at Memphis, he'll win just enough to keep his job.

He's past winning enough to keep his job barring a Final Four run this year or next(LOLOL yea I know). We are just running out the money clock at this point. Josh, the fans, the media....we've all made comments that can't be come back from. It's just a matter of when his contract is paid up.

The Josh Pastner era is effectively dead at Memphis....its just a matter of when life support is pulled.
03-04-2016 06:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.