Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Bearcats among USA Today's First Four Out
Bearcats among USA Today's First Four Out
Dave Clark, dclark@cincinnati.com 1:58 p.m. EST March 3, 2016

[Image: 635915918380834949-022016BearcatsUConn-16.jpg]
Cincinnati Bearcats head coach Mick Cronin signals a play in the second half of the NCAA basketball game between the Cincinnati Bearcats and the Connecticut Huskies at Fifth Third Arena on the campus of the University of Cincinnati on Saturday, Feb. 20, 2016. The Bearcats defeated the Huskies 65-60 for their 20th win of the season.
(Photo: The Enquirer/Sam Greene)

The Cincinnati Bearcats are among the First Four Out, according to the most recent NCAA tournament bracket projections from USA TODAY Sports, which currently expects the team to miss the Big Dance for the first time since 2010.

More from USA TODAY bracketologist Shelby Mast:

What an interesting night on the bubble. Some teams really helped themselves. Others not so much. Alabama barely lost to Arkansas and this is the loss the Tide couldn't afford. They're way out now. Big bubble winners are St. Bonaventure besting St. Joseph, VCU beating Davidson and Butler defeating Seton Hall. All were solid wins and have shuffled the last four in grouping up.

The short-handed Bearcats play at Houston late Thursday night.

Earlier this week, The Enquirer's Tom Groeschen wrote that the Bearcats were "rocking on the positive side of the daily bracketology dance."

More from Groeschen:

The scoop: The Bearcats are rocking on the positive side of the daily bracketology dance. Joe Lunardi of ESPN lists UC as “probable” to make the field via his T.O.P. (Tournament Odds Program). Lunardi writes: “These teams have a 65 percent T.O.P or better and should make the tournament provided they suffer no “bad losses” down the stretch: Syracuse, Providence, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, Connecticut.” Also, Jerry Palm (CBS Sports) and Shelby Mast (USA Today) both list UC among the “last four in” as a potential No. 11 seed. UC stands No. 50 in the daily NCAA RPI, with a trip to No. 77 Houston on Thursday followed by a regular season home finale against No. 11 SMU on Sunday. The Bearcats also might need to make some noise in the AAC tournament in Orlando, depending on how other bubble teams perform.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/c.../81272470/

03-03-2016 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
RE: Bearcats among USA Today's First Four Out
His prediction doesn't make me "Glad all over"...USA Today sucks,,does anyone acually buy that POS

03-03-2016 02:55 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Just keep winning and we will be fine.

03-03-2016 02:59 PM
Advertisement

OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
As much as I hate to read it the Bearcats have made their own bed this season. Lose tonight and it may be all over, regardless of Sunday and the conference tourney.

Win tonight and I think UC is still in for March Madness. They are in the frustrating position of having to hope for the failure of other bubble teams, which often proves disheartening to say the least.

03-03-2016 03:02 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
Bearcats have had a very up and down season but really still control their own destiny.
Win tonight, win Sunday. Win a game or two in the AAC tourney and should be pertty safely in.

Lose tonight, better win the AAC tourney.
Win tonight, lose to SMU, better get to the AAC tourney final.

In all cases, wouldn't hurt to root for no tourney upsets to keep maximum slots open.

03-03-2016 03:09 PM
Advertisement

Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Bracket matrix

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Has us listed in 100 of 108 published brackets (93%)

Leave it to the Enquirer to highlight one of the 7%

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016 03:33 PM by Bearcat2012.)
03-03-2016 03:32 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(03-03-2016 03:32 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  Bracket matrix

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Has us listed in 100 of 108 published brackets (93%)

Leave it to the Enquirer to highlight one of the 7%

I had the same thought. I kept a digital only subscription this year and when that expires mid-summer I'm completely done. I find very little of value, even for my modest investment.

03-03-2016 03:38 PM
Advertisement

BigDawg Offline
All American

Donators
I think we win the next two and we are a lock. If we lose tonight, but beat SMU, we should be fine (This would not be a bad loss). If we win tonight but lose to SMU, it will be close. Lose both and we better win the AAC (Or at least get to finals and hope to get help).

I've looked at a lot of bubble resumes and they are very ugly. Some teams under .500 in their conference and some haven't won a road game against a team with a pulse. Honestly if we lost the next two, but made it to the AAC finals, I could see us still having a shot at an at-large, but I wouldn't feel good about it.

Lets just win out and work our way up to a 7 seed or so. I do think we have the capability to do it, just need to come out with fire every night and play to the best of out abilities.

03-03-2016 04:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
(03-03-2016 03:02 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  As much as I hate to read it the Bearcats have made their own bed this season. Lose tonight and it may be all over, regardless of Sunday and the conference tourney.

Win tonight and I think UC is still in for March Madness. They are in the frustrating position of having to hope for the failure of other bubble teams, which often proves disheartening to say the least.

Exactly. Win at least the next four and we will be in, if not, then maybe we don't belong.

03-03-2016 04:07 PM
Advertisement

LetsGoUC Offline
Bench Warmer

WOW a lot of doom and gloom here...

If UC loses, SMU is a must win. IF they win that, and avoid a bad tourney loss, they are FINE.

UC is doing great in the non-rpi rankings. Often in the top 30. Those numbers are more important to the committee than the RPI is. They flat out said so last year.

However, I'm sure this place will be an absolute dumpster fire of panic and woe if cincinnati loses tonight. SMU is the more important game, and we aren't losing that one.

03-03-2016 04:17 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
All I can say is:
The conference tourney winner gets the auto-bid.

Win the conference tourney and all doubt is removed.

03-03-2016 07:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.