Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

And the latest "victim" in PC society...
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
And the latest "victim" in PC society...
A black couple eating at IHOP in Austin were offended by a receipt that featured the term "Black PPL" to refer to them. The catch is that their server was black.

http://www.wftv.com/news/national-conten.../139071922

If I had much hair to pull out, I'd do so. Any excuse necessary to start a pity party.
03-03-2016 05:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

RE: And the latest "victim" in PC society...
Apparently, however, it was posted as a joke originally. Either way, PC society is out of control.
03-03-2016 05:08 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
I'm offended by this thread.
03-03-2016 08:14 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
but I thought black people weren't capable of being racist?
03-03-2016 09:58 AM
gsu95 Offline
Fifth Estate

I Root For: USC, GS
(03-03-2016 09:58 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  but I thought black people weren't capable of being racist?

Never heard black people say they were incapable of being racist. They're human.

The story itself kinda weirds me out not so much because these folks got rubbed the wrong way by this, because I might if I were in their shoes, but instead because it wound up as a story in the first place. That slow a news day?

Reminds me in a way of folks where I live who will call the TV station and local paper if their kid gets on the wrong school bus or it rains too hard and the dirt road they live on gets muddy and cars get stuck.
03-03-2016 11:21 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(03-03-2016 11:21 AM)gsu95 Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 09:58 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  but I thought black people weren't capable of being racist?

Never heard black people say they were incapable of being racist. They're human.

The story itself kinda weirds me out not so much because these folks got rubbed the wrong way by this, because I might if I were in their shoes, but instead because it wound up as a story in the first place. That slow a news day?

Reminds me in a way of folks where I live who will call the TV station and local paper if their kid gets on the wrong school bus or it rains too hard and the dirt road they live on gets muddy and cars get stuck.
Maybe racist was the wrong word.
i dont get offended when a white person refers to me as white. Why would a black person be offended if another black person refers to them as black?
03-03-2016 11:40 AM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
The best part.... They are saying the fact the young man was Black makes it even worse!

“You could have asked me my name,” said Brown, who added the incident was made worse because their server, Dwayne Williams, was also black. “Don’t ... label me. I don’t label you.”

Like I'm sure if this had been a valley girl you would have been less offended.
03-03-2016 11:55 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

Selective attention must be nice..

[Image: giphy.gif]

If you really want to look there are *THOUSANDS* of examples of this.

You see modern leftism changed the rules on racism. And their moronic definition of racism has moved from what people feel / do to what color their skin is.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016 12:05 PM by Bull_In_Exile.)
03-03-2016 12:03 PM
gsu95 Offline
Fifth Estate

I Root For: USC, GS
(03-03-2016 12:03 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

You see modern leftism changed the rules on racism. And their moronic definition of racism has moved from what people feel / do to what color their skin is.

Never saw that before, but so what? I know blacks who'll tell you straight up they can be as racist as anybody else. Guess they would know.

As for selective attention, yeah, I guess it is nice. Keeps me from worrying so much about what other people think ... about anything.
03-03-2016 03:10 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Re: RE: And the latest "victim" in PC society...

That's racist. Black people can do anything white people can do. Lol
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016 03:24 PM by Fitbud.)
03-03-2016 03:24 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(03-03-2016 03:24 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

That's racist. Black people can do anything white people can do. Lol

That's kinda what I thought, but I guess not!
03-03-2016 03:26 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(03-03-2016 12:03 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

There has been a black people can't be racist movement for years.
03-03-2016 03:33 PM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
I usually love when people add a nomicker to my bill like that. I've been 'hat guy', 'tall guy' and 'jack daniels' before.
03-03-2016 04:01 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(03-03-2016 03:10 PM)gsu95 Wrote:  Never saw that before, but so what? I know blacks who'll tell you straight up they can be as racist as anybody else. Guess they would know.

You've lived a wonderfully shielded political life if you have not ever heard this before. You are, dare I say, naive about the racial politics of the left.

Quote:As for selective attention, yeah, I guess it is nice. Keeps me from worrying so much about what other people think ... about anything.

Also lead you to say stupid things like "nobody says black people can't be racist" when its been a drumbeat on the left for two decades.
03-03-2016 05:09 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Why can't businesses just advise their workers to ask for a name, any name. What's so hard about it. It's done here in El Paso at every place I've been to.

People will make a mountain of crap out of a fart.
03-03-2016 05:28 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

we are all human...

all cultures have 'racists'

to your premise.....it's the media that has stirred all of this pot.....

some humans are easily let to the empty trough....

fk'd up, eh? I've hated that shite since I can remember.....

people are so fk'n stupid.....
03-03-2016 08:30 PM
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

Black people can be racist, it's just that we weren't the opressors for much of history. As a matter of fact, most other races were minding their own business before European colonism "civilized" them and started their timeline, with everything else being considered "prehistory."

That said, the issue in the OP is a big fuss about nothing.
03-04-2016 01:53 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(03-04-2016 01:53 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  Black people can be racist, it's just that we weren't the opressors for much of history. As a matter of fact, most other races were minding their own business before European colonism "civilized" them and started their timeline, with everything else being considered "prehistory."

as so many or us whiteys are as sick or a whiny wife of bubbes????

my lily white and all that preceded my fam had zero to do with that.....

blah blee blah wiith that bs.....unless you enjoy the land of kurd-stacy-dash-and.....

learn how to fight the right one.....hopefully, you'll give thanks one day (not to me but to all)
03-04-2016 02:01 AM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(03-04-2016 01:53 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  Black people can be racist, it's just that we weren't the opressors for much of history. As a matter of fact, most other races were minding their own business before European colonism "civilized" them and started their timeline, with everything else being considered "prehistory."

Uhhh, you may want to really check your "much of history".

More than waaaaayy enough schit to go around, and check where it is still happening. Catching up!

Jus' sayin.
03-04-2016 02:49 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I'm sorry what now? From Muslim invasion of Europe to the Mongol invasion of the Balkans Europe got its ass handed to it for the better part of the first Millennium ad and several hundred years of the second.

In point of fact those invasions, and the unrest which followed is what turned Europe into a military power capable of projecting.
03-04-2016 09:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.