Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UofL BOT raise a "Vote of No Confidence "
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
While in a special meeting this afternoon & while in a public setting, UofL BOT tried to raise a vote of no confidence in President Ramsey. The request was called out of order since they were in a special meeting & it was not on the agenda. They will discuss motion & vote at their next scheduled meeting on April 20.
03-01-2016 04:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
RE: UofL BOT raise a "Vote of No Confidence "
Wow!

That's no bueno!
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 04:54 PM by nzmorange.)
03-01-2016 04:53 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/uofl-bo...s/63219745

LOUISVILLE (WHAS11) -- The University of Louisville Board of Trustees will meet Tuesday afternoon.
Doctor James Ramsey is expected to be at that meeting at 2 p.m.
Sources said Ramsey met in February with some board members at his house to discuss his future at the university.
Some have called for his resignation following a pair of scandals and his decision to ban the basketball team from postseason play.
The meeting comes one day after a new lawsuit accuses Ramsey of "official misconduct."
A former UofL compliance officer filed suit claiming Ramsey lied about when UofL was alerted to accusation of two university vice presidents misusing university funds.
The FBI is investigating the VP's.
The employee said UofL retaliated against him by forcing him to resign last week.
WHAS11’s Michaela MacDonald will have much more coming up at 4.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 05:05 PM by Lenvillecards.)
03-01-2016 04:58 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I realize that UL is getting knocked by scandals, but I thought that Dr. Ramsey was popular. Is he not?
03-01-2016 05:09 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

Here's a timeline & more info about the latest scandal against Ramsey & the dis function of the BOT's.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31348032/unive...nst-ramsey

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grad...les-board/
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 05:32 PM by Lenvillecards.)
03-01-2016 05:15 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(03-01-2016 05:09 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  I realize that UL is getting knocked by scandals, but I thought that Dr. Ramsey was popular. Is he not?

He was but a lot more information has come out & it appears that Ramsey has been lying to the BOT's.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 05:17 PM by Lenvillecards.)
03-01-2016 05:16 PM
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 05:21 PM by Lenvillecards.)
03-01-2016 05:20 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
This is much much more than sports related. Ramsey has done some good things but is damaged goods at this point.
03-01-2016 05:48 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Prather the guy driving the truck is a UK grad appointed by X-governor Steve Beshear, who is also a UK grad! It is not going to happen folks! 07-coffee3
03-01-2016 11:12 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(03-01-2016 11:12 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Prather the guy driving the truck is a UK grad appointed by X-governor Steve Beshear, who is also a UK grad! It is not going to happen folks! 07-coffee3

Ramsey also got His Masters degree from UK.
03-02-2016 06:11 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(03-02-2016 06:11 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 11:12 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Prather the guy driving the truck is a UK grad appointed by X-governor Steve Beshear, who is also a UK grad! It is not going to happen folks! 07-coffee3

This is not a UofL/UK thing but a Ramsey thing....
03-02-2016 09:01 AM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(03-02-2016 09:01 AM)Maize Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 06:11 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  

This is not a UofL/UK thing but a Ramsey thing....

You want to bet that UK does not want Ramsey gone? 07-coffee3
03-02-2016 10:46 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

You don't make a power move like this in public & on Tweeter if you don't have support. The chairman of the BOT's has made his support for the motion known. However, a vote of no confidence doesn't mean that Ramsey is fired. Another problem, it is my understanding that the provost that would serve as an interim President is also in an interim position currently so the committee that nominates the provost will also be naming the interim President.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/new.../81145834/

“When we ask questions we get temper tantrums,” Trustee Emily Bingham said. “I regretfully express my loss of confidence in the president.”

Ramsey's fate is still in doubt. The board will reconsider the no-confidence motion at its next regular meeting April 20, and proponents say they have enough votes to pass it.
They include Chairman Larry Benz, who said after the meeting that he supports the measure because of his questions about Ramsey’s leadership and the university’s performance.

The no-confidence motion was made and supported by trustees who hadn’t previously challenged Ramsey publicly.
Calling for the vote, Dr. Jody Prather cited a “near complete collapse of a meaningful working relationship" between the board and Ramsey as well as instances that have "harmed and embarrassed the university irrevocably."

Trustee Larry Hayes complained that Ramsey has excluded the board from important decisions, including the one to impose a ban on postseason play by the men’s basketball team.
“That was not good governance or shared governance," Hayes said.
Bingham cited “a drumbeat of crises” that prompted 78 full professors to sign a letter saying they were “ashamed to be associated with the university.” She also said Ramsey had failed to forcefully condemn the sexual misconduct allegations currently facing the basketball program, "already embarrassed by the sexual misconduct of its coach."
“We cannot move forward with leaders whose moral compass on these questions is not clear,” she said.

While a no-confidence vote wouldn’t immediately cause Ramsey’s ouster, it could prompt him to resign. He is under contract until 2020, which may explain why the dissidents aren't seeking an outright vote to fire him.

Hired in 2002, Ramsey has been credited with helping dramatically increase the university's academic standards for incoming freshmen and its graduation rate. He also led fundraising drives that have transformed the campus and its athletic facilities.
But over the past two years, his leadership came under attack as the university dealt with embezzlement scandals and other embarrassments, including an FBI investigation of its top health care executive and an NCAA investigation of allegations that men's basketball players and recruits were provided dancers and prostitutes.

The university also has been criticized for offering buyouts to top officials in exchange for their silence, and Ramsey's compensation has been questioned.
Last year The Courier-Journal reported that Ramsey, provost Shirley Willihnganz and chief of staff Kathleen Smith had been paid $2.4 million, $1.8 million and $1.3 million, respectively, in deferred compensation. The CJ also reported that Ramsey in 2014 was paid 2.5 times more than the average of the Atlantic Coast Conference's other 14 presidents and chancellors — all of whose universities are ranked far higher academically than U of L.
03-02-2016 12:23 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Dear President Ramsey,
[Image: door.jpg]
- Louisville basketball fans
03-02-2016 01:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Is there any hidden reason They picked "4/20 to hold the meeting". And They have enough votes to "pass it" 03-phew03-lmfao

[Image: happy_4_20_by_frodude13-d4x4qaz.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016 02:34 PM by CardFan1.)
03-02-2016 02:30 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(03-02-2016 02:30 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Is there any hidden reason They picked "4/20 to hold the meeting". And They have enough votes to "pass it" 03-phew03-lmfao

[Image: happy_4_20_by_frodude13-d4x4qaz.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

4/20 is the next scheduled meeting. Tuesday was a called special meeting & since the vote wasn't apart of the docket they weren't able to have the vote then. If it were a regularly scheduled meeting then the vote could've taken place.

I don't see how they can let this linger that long though. I wouldn't be surprised if they call another special meeting before 4/20 to hold the vote.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016 05:17 PM by Lenvillecards.)
03-02-2016 05:14 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I think Governor Bevin has Ramsey's back. All those that want Ramsey gone are democrats appointed by Steve Beshear's. 07-coffee3
03-03-2016 10:31 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Some clarification on these issues. Links provided and good input.

1) Former UofL Chairman candid on the controversy

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=14606487

2) Emily Bingham - her attack on Pitino is a hugely ironic

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2755&t=14606523
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 09:01 AM by Wilkie01.)
03-04-2016 08:59 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(03-04-2016 08:59 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Some clarification on these issues. Links provided and good input.

1) Former UofL Chairman candid on the controversy

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=14606487

2) Emily Bingham - her attack on Pitino is a hugely ironic

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2755&t=14606523

Yeah, I don't support Binghams comments. HCRP affair was 10 years ago & during a troubled time in his marriage, he shouldn't have been fired for that. HCRP has a clean NCAA record over his career, you can't fire him over allegations without an investigation.

I think she was just using the two scandals to bolster here argument against Ramsey. The strongest case against Ramsey are the current whistle blower lawsuit, FBI investigation & the misappropriation of university funds & the coverup.

Ramsey has played a vital role in improving the U of L academics which helped Louisville to get into the ACC. I think his tenure has run its course however.

I don't completely buy the conspiracy theory of the former governor & the democrats trying to sabotage the U of L BOT's by placing UK fans on it. Gov. Bashear played a key role in the building of the Yum Center for one. The university has made a lot of gains both athletically & academically, where's the sabotage? I don't remember him being anti Louisville. I would like to see more U of L alums on the BOT's however.
03-04-2016 11:10 AM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I know there have been articles posted in this thread that describe the situation, but can anyone give me a very quick, very high level overview of the scandal(s)?

And, can someone give me a very quick overview of Ramsey's approval rating (on the BoD and in general among the UL faithful)?

If not, I can read about it on my own. It would just be useful if someone who has been following it closely can patch everything together for me.
03-04-2016 01:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.