Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LSU: ‘We’ll only have half of our football team eligible’ without summer scchool
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
LSU: ‘We’ll only have half of our football team eligible’ without summer scchool
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-foo...et-threat/

I know a lot of football programs rely on summer classes that roll into the fall semester academically. Still, I think that if forced, they'd find a way to keep most players eligible.
03-01-2016 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: LSU: ‘We’ll only have half of our football team eligible’ without summer scchool
It's a financial train wreck.
03-01-2016 12:28 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
RE: LSU: ‘We’ll only have half of our football team eligible’ without summer scchool
This doesn't surprise me. Football is a big time commitment in the spring semester, and a huge time commitment in the fall. Even if football players were average in the classroom I'd think most of them would require summer school to graduate in 4 years.
03-01-2016 01:04 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
Dumbshits

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
03-01-2016 06:21 PM
Soobahk40050 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee
Maybe I'm confused. Couldn't LSU just field a team of freshman who are all eligible? (Assuming the school can open in the fall). It wouldn't be a good team, but problem solved.

Honestly asking, not poking fun at all.
03-01-2016 06:25 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2016 06:25 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  Maybe I'm confused. Couldn't LSU just field a team of freshman who are all eligible? (Assuming the school can open in the fall). It wouldn't be a good team, but problem solved.

I like this answer.
03-01-2016 06:36 PM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
(03-01-2016 06:25 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  Maybe I'm confused. Couldn't LSU just field a team of freshman who are all eligible? (Assuming the school can open in the fall). It wouldn't be a good team, but problem solved.

Obviously they won't do that, but even just as a fun hypothetical, they could only do that if most of the roster are walk-on players. They signed 23 incoming freshman players.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 06:55 PM by Wedge.)
03-01-2016 06:55 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
Shut down the program before anyone else gets hurt.
Cheers!
03-01-2016 06:58 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

They will solve this issue.

Hell, why doesn't the athletic department just pay the professors over the summer?
03-01-2016 06:59 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Why paying attention to LSU? All the Louisiana schools are in the same boat. Imagine all the public schools in Louisiana shut down for next year? No college football games in the state except for Louisiana College and Tulane since they both are privates.
03-01-2016 07:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2016 07:01 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Why paying attention to LSU? All the Louisiana schools are in the same boat. Imagine all the public schools in Louisiana shut down for next year? No college football games in the state except for Louisiana College and Tulane since they both are privates.

LSU is obviously the most visible example of the issues the state is facing.

If they can't solve problems at the most important program in the state they sure won't be solving them anywhere else.
03-01-2016 07:03 PM
Advertisement

rokamortis Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
I'm sure they'd figure out a way to let them take classes at another school, like a community college or online school, and transfer those credits in.
03-01-2016 08:37 PM
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
110 guys on a roster, 55 is close to what the NFL uses will not be too bad.
03-01-2016 08:38 PM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(03-01-2016 08:37 PM)rokamortis Wrote:  I'm sure they'd figure out a way to let them take classes at another school, like a community college or online school, and transfer those credits in.

If LSU does not have the money to pay then it would be highly unlikely that the local community colleges have the money either.
03-01-2016 08:43 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
Serious question. Could big money boosters come in and donate enough money just to keep LSU open? They were going to spend money to get rid of Les, so wouldn't some of these people be okay with giving some more money to keep their football team alive?
03-01-2016 09:22 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2016 09:22 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  Serious question. Could big money boosters come in and donate enough money just to keep LSU open? They were going to spend money to get rid of Les, so wouldn't some of these people be okay with giving some more money to keep their football team alive?

They'd have to raise around $60 million in a few months?

I don't think that is in the cards.
03-01-2016 09:44 PM
Advertisement

rokamortis Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
(03-01-2016 08:43 PM)Sultan of Euphonistan Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 08:37 PM)rokamortis Wrote:  I'm sure they'd figure out a way to let them take classes at another school, like a community college or online school, and transfer those credits in.

If LSU does not have the money to pay then it would be highly unlikely that the local community colleges have the money either.

That's an assumption. Community colleges typically don't have the overhead of a large state university. But even if a local option isn't available, there are always online options. They could even contract with a for profit school. Where there's a will, and SEC money, there's a way.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 10:04 PM by rokamortis.)
03-01-2016 09:59 PM
jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
(03-01-2016 09:59 PM)rokamortis Wrote:  

That's an assumption. Community colleges typically don't have the overhead of a large state university. But even if a local option isn't available, there are always online options. They could even contract with a for profit school. Where there's a will, and SEC money, there's a way.

Better get in contact with Grand Canyon then. They may not be a for-profit much longer. Offer to play basketball and baseball at their place. That will get the deal done.
03-01-2016 10:53 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: LSU: ‘We’ll only have half of our football team eligible’ without summer scchool
Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch. Freakin lsu corndog morons. Worst fans in america

Why doesn't LSU just get some players that can do college too?

Give Louisiana back to france
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 11:05 PM by shere khan.)
03-01-2016 11:03 PM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(03-01-2016 09:59 PM)rokamortis Wrote:  

They also have far less money coming in to them. Also it would be unlikely to help remember the issue is eligibility and taking classes from other schools likely does not help in that regard.
03-01-2016 11:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.