Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

20,000 Massachusetts Democrats switch parties before Super Tuesday
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
20,000 Massachusetts Democrats switch parties before Super Tuesday
Quote:Thousands of Massachusetts Democrats have denounced their party affiliations since January 1 to jump across the aisle and join the ranks of Independent or Republicans.

Nearly 20,000 Bay State Democrats, or 1.3 percent of the party's Masachussetts population, left to vote in the Republican primary Tuesday. More than 16,300 of that group have "unenrolled" or become Independent voters, while 3,500 have joined the GOP.

Mass. Secretary of State William Glavin attributed the switches to the "Trump phenomenon." The billionaire candidate has a significant lead over fellow top contenders Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz in recent state polls.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/20000-...edium=feed
03-01-2016 10:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
RE: 20,000 Massachusetts Democrats switch parties before Super Tuesday
Wonderful, a coalition with Massachusetts liberals.
03-01-2016 10:54 AM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

I Root For: NIU
(03-01-2016 10:44 AM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  
Quote:Thousands of Massachusetts Democrats have denounced their party affiliations since January 1 to jump across the aisle and join the ranks of Independent or Republicans.

Nearly 20,000 Bay State Democrats, or 1.3 percent of the party's Masachussetts population, left to vote in the Republican primary Tuesday. More than 16,300 of that group have "unenrolled" or become Independent voters, while 3,500 have joined the GOP.

Mass. Secretary of State William Glavin attributed the switches to the "Trump phenomenon." The billionaire candidate has a significant lead over fellow top contenders Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz in recent state polls.

You can't fix stupid 07-coffee3
03-01-2016 11:15 AM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
(03-01-2016 11:15 AM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  

nope, thats why you leave them 03-lmfao
03-01-2016 11:17 AM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog

I suspect its to play Merry Hob with the GOP primary..
03-01-2016 11:25 AM
gsu95 Offline
Fifth Estate

I Root For: USC, GS
(03-01-2016 11:25 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

I suspect you may be correct.
03-01-2016 11:30 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
It's great news.

The sour wing of the GOP is just mad that they are losing control.
03-01-2016 11:31 AM
Advertisement

tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators

Thanks. I 'm glad you saw this too. The campaign is about to get very interesting.

There is also this happening. http://www.wnd.com/2016/02/a-new-gop-is-born/ 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 12:05 PM by tigertom.)
03-01-2016 12:04 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

Dunno, 20,000 all came around in the course of a month or so.

And to the above, believe it or not, not all Taxachusetters are smelly Libs.

I do a lot of work up there and the folks I deal with most frequently are as conservative (not nec. Repub's) as they come. Lot of the cottage industry folks are owners. entrepreneurs and employers. If they're still open at all.

They too have borne the brunt of the schittiest recovery in History and they ain' happy. 07-coffee3
03-01-2016 02:03 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(03-01-2016 11:30 AM)gsu95 Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 11:25 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

I suspect you may be correct.

See. Marine was right about leaving the dumb ones and it went over your head. :)
03-01-2016 02:24 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(03-01-2016 11:17 AM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  

nope, thats why you leave them :lmfao:

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
03-01-2016 02:32 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
It's a movement. The people are speaking! Viva la Trump!
03-01-2016 02:41 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Yep. It reminds me of the condition France was in after they deposed the King. Not a pretty situation then either.
03-01-2016 02:43 PM
Advertisement

NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
It's all about the movement. The non hard core liberals who are either moderate dems or Independents are tired of either their establishment or the GOP.

Personally I don't like Trump. Sure some of the crap he says is funny, but far from being presidential. On the flip side, I'm tired of my commander in chief being bought. No thanks to that witch Hillary and her lies. No thanks to the Cruz and Rubio bought candidates.

It's not about Trump, it's about the movement outside of the realm. Things might get harry in America with Trump. It could get rough, but the majority of Americans are willing to bet with Trump than status quo. Trump supporters may be wrong, but one thing is certain ............ OUR VOICES WILL BE HEARD WITH SOMETHING SIMPLE AS A VOTE!
03-01-2016 02:52 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(03-01-2016 02:52 PM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  It's all about the movement. The non hard core liberals who are either moderate dems or Independents are tired of either their establishment or the GOP.

Personally I don't like Trump. Sure some of the crap he says is funny, but far from being presidential. On the flip side, I'm tired of my commander in chief being bought. No thanks to that witch Hillary and her lies. No thanks to the Cruz and Rubio bought candidates.

It's not about Trump, it's about the movement outside of the realm. Things might get harry in America with Trump. It could get rough, but the majority of Americans are willing to bet with Trump than status quo. Trump supporters may be wrong, but one thing is certain ............ OUR VOICES WILL BE HEARD WITH SOMETHING SIMPLE AS A VOTE!

I think this where things are as well. There is a rejection of the "establishment" or status quo on both sides of the aisle. The ultimate DeeCee insider in the Cank will still win the nomination (barring indictment) but the numbers for these primaries are waaaaay down.

Turnout for the Repub primaries are at record levels and the message is coming through pretty loud and clear. We may be looking at a clean sweep for a guy that just months ago was an unserious curiosity to the beltway gang, a charlatan and would flame out once the real Republicans got in the race.

People are pissed. We saw that in '10 and again in '14 in the national elections and ALLLLL the way down ticket to levels not seen since the Great Depression- 80 years. More than 900 State legislative seats have changed hands recently, there is a movement afoot.

Strange times, but deservedly so.
03-01-2016 04:00 PM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
(03-01-2016 04:00 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 02:52 PM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  It's all about the movement. The non hard core liberals who are either moderate dems or Independents are tired of either their establishment or the GOP.

I think this where things are as well. There is a rejection of the "establishment" or status quo on both sides of the aisle. The ultimate DeeCee insider in the Cank will still win the nomination (barring indictment) but the numbers for these primaries are waaaaay down.

Turnout for the Repub primaries are at record levels and the message is coming through pretty loud and clear. We may be looking at a clean sweep for a guy that just months ago was an unserious curiosity to the beltway gang, a charlatan and would flame out once the real Republicans got in the race.

People are pissed. We saw that in '10 and again in '14 in the national elections and ALLLLL the way down ticket to levels not seen since the Great Depression- 80 years. More than 900 State legislative seats have changed hands recently, there is a movement afoot.

Strange times, but deservedly so.

Well said ........... times are strange. It's a movement against establishments. Both parties thought the anti establishment VOICE would be mute, but their disarray has awaken the citizens of all ages, ethnicity, and the individuals who rather not vote.

The Independents (20% of the general population) are ALL tired of both parties. Who do you think they will vote for? Trump and his goofy hair may just pull this election even with all the idiotic things he says!

In all seriousness, if he asks Christie to be his VP, then you have 2 crazy shooters in the spotlight that HILLARY wouldn't know how to debate against. They will make her look like a 5th grader debating a college student.
03-01-2016 04:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.