Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Old Days
Bookmark and Share
Buc66 Online
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
The Old Days
Remember when we used to blame ETSU athletic problems on this school?

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/...on-manning
02-28-2016 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

etsubuc Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
RE: The Old Days
We still have athletic problems related to that school and will continue to regardless of the outcome of this lawsuit.

The general public will continue to support UT athletics even if it is found that they act unethically and illegally. And locally, the level of that support will overshadow ETSU regardless of how much ETSU wins or how ethically we run the program.
02-28-2016 04:03 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
No I never did that and thought those who did were just looking for an excuse.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2016 07:25 PM by RodShaw2.)
02-28-2016 07:25 PM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
If you don't think that every school battles the issues that are being very publicly at Tennessee you're either really misinformed or you just don't pay attention. Sexual assaults on college campuses are a major issue (ETSU has another one reported in the last two weeks), but at least it doesn't seem like there's as much indifference to it. Universities have traditionally tried every which way possible to sweep that stuff under the rug by any means necessary. They don't want to have to report those numbers. The issue is they still encourage victims to report it to the university, which I don't have an issue with AFTER the police have been called and brought in.
But onto Tennessee specifically. Let's look at who's been mentioned.
AJ Johnson and Michael Williams - Were suspended indefinitely within 24 hours of the charges being filed.
Von Pearson - Was suspended from campus and all football related activities within 24 hours of the school finding out about the issue. He was only brought back in when KPD and Knoxville D.A. agreed there was a lack of evidence in his case that sexual contact even took place.
Alexis Johnson - Was suspended indefinitely before he was processed.
Riyahd Jones - Slapped his girlfriend after both were over served and got into it with each other. No charges filed, no arrests made. He was kicked off the team and had his scholarship revoked in spite of that.
Yemi Makanjoula - Had his scholarship pulled and dismissed by Cuonzo Martin.
Peyton Manning - You really want to believe Jamie Naughright here? Someone who's sued multiple people, has a house in foreclosure and has made public homopohobic statements about men and women that work there?
Lil John - Yes, Lil John is mentioned in the lawsuit. Apparently his song Turn Down For What promotes sexual violence. Here I was thinking he was rapping about getting drunk and doing shots.
Which brings us to Drae Bowles. The current UTC malcontent apparently was so afraid of getting his ass kicked in the locker room, he spent another 100 days participating in football at Tennessee including making the bowl trip to Jacksonville that year, and has told multiple stories about whether or not Curt Maggitt punched him in the face. When it was a criminal matter, nothing happened. When there's money involved, he says he got a Code Red ordered on him.
In the end, you can bring in speakers, have seminars, lectures, team rules, warnings, and everything under the sun explaining the consequences of poor choices, but the bottom line a university can't control the behavior of its' individuals no more than Smith & Wesson can be responsible if some ******* uses one of their guns to kill a man.
Stop suing and take responsibility for your own self, and stop blaming other universities for ETSU's piss poor management the last 20 years.

Edit: Not every decision has been bad, some have been good, even great. But the bottom line is Tennessee has nothing to do with ETSU's shortcomings and failures no more than they do ETSU's successes. Good lord people, has personal accountability died with people?
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2016 05:34 PM by Buccaneerlover.)
02-29-2016 12:04 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
(02-28-2016 03:32 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  Remember when we used to blame ETSU athletic problems on this school?

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/...on-manning

Unfortunately they have the money and power to just about buy themselves out of anything.
02-29-2016 03:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.