Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2016-2017 Men's basketball
Bookmark and Share
82hawk Online
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
2016-2017 Men's basketball
Watching the farewell to the Seniors yesterday, I couldn't help but think about next year.

We only lose Sherwood and Ponder. With that in mind, and Hofstra basically losing all their starters but one, I have to think we come into next year as pre-season favorites.

Unless something drastic happens, here's how I think we shape up.

Starters

Talley, Ingram, Flemmings, Elmore, Bryan

With Ingram and Flemmings as seniors, I can't see them coming off the bench. And Talley will be our starting point guard. He just has to keep his mindset of drive first, so he can be consistent as a scorer.

Bryan has the toughness at the 5 to rebound and defend, and he is more athletic and more versatile in his ability to score than Gettys. So, I think he gets the nod. I think Keatts will pair Elmore with
Bryan on the floor as much as possible. This gives us good size at the 4/5 spot and keeps a good scorer at the 4 in Elmore. Also, this allows Flemmings to play mostly at his natural 3 spot, so he'll get less wear and tear defending at the 4 spot.

When Gettys comes in, he can slide Flemmings in at the 4.

Richmond and Fornes will fill in nicely at the 1-2 spot, and Bryce can play the 2-3 spot.

Not sure what will happen with Cacock and Grundy. They don't bring anything that Bryan or Gettys do at the 5, and they aren't versatile scorers at the 4...which Keatts wants.

The wildcard is Matthews. With his size and scoring ability, he really just needs his confidence to match his skills. He's a bit stiff in his moves. But, if he can start producing consistently, he can play anywhere from the 2-4 spot, and cause matchup problems in each position. I also think he has shown to be a very good defender at times. Smart decision maker as well.

Elmore is really the key here. If he can come in and immediately start, it gives Keatts a ton of options. Flemmings has done well at the 4, but he really doesn't have the size we need in that position. Elmore could offer the combination of offense, defense and rebounding we need at the 4.
02-28-2016 10:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.