Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Over 100,000 Missing!
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Over 100,000 Missing!
In Germany

Nothing to see here! Move along! Move along! Schnell!
02-26-2016 03:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
RE: Over 100,000 Missing!
Don't want to go missing in Germany.

Auschwitz?
02-26-2016 03:48 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
hell zee!

background laughter follows....

02-26-2016 03:50 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
Yep. And do we know where all of our Syrian refugees are as well? I wonder....
02-26-2016 03:53 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(02-26-2016 03:45 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  In Germany

Nothing to see here! Move along! Move along! Schnell!

lol. Sounds like something the US gov't would do.
02-26-2016 03:57 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(02-26-2016 03:53 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  Yep. And do we know where all of our Syrian refugees are as well? I wonder....

Yes...stop wondering and fear mongering. It's pathetic.

Quote:Despite fears that an influx of Syrian refugees would overrun the country, so far, the US has welcomed just a fraction of the millions of refugees who have fled Syria. Since 2012, the US has accepted 2,174 Syrian refugees – roughly 0.0007% of America’s total population.

The refugees the US takes in are among the most vulnerable in the Syrian conflict: many are women and their children, while others are religious minorities and victims of violence or torture.
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/...n-congress
02-26-2016 04:53 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(02-26-2016 04:53 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(02-26-2016 03:53 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  Yep. And do we know where all of our Syrian refugees are as well? I wonder....

Quote:Despite fears that an influx of Syrian refugees would overrun the country, so far, the US has welcomed just a fraction of the millions of refugees who have fled Syria. Since 2012, the US has accepted 2,174 Syrian refugees – roughly 0.0007% of America’s total population.

The refugees the US takes in are among the most vulnerable in the Syrian conflict: many are women and their children, while others are religious minorities and victims of violence or torture.

Given your response history, I'm going to go ahead and assume the article you posted is neither very recent, nor confirms that the US knows exactly where all of the syrian refugees are, and therefore, we need to be highly concerned.
02-26-2016 04:58 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(02-26-2016 04:58 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

Given your response history, I'm going to go ahead and assume the article you posted is neither very recent, nor confirms that the US knows exactly where all of the syrian refugees are, and therefore, we need to be highly concerned.

Pfft...you'd be wise to be more concerned about getting gunned down by an American lunatic than a couple thousand Syrian women and children from a war torn country.

And the article is from last November.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2016 05:04 PM by Redwingtom.)
02-26-2016 05:03 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

Yes

Really?

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015...n-refugees

Quote:The government doesn't track refugees after they arrive.

Once arriving in the U.S., refugees are allowed to move anywhere in the country, just like any other legal resident. If a refugee does choose to relocate, a local organization works to transfer the case to another resettlement agency in the new location, but that is not always possible.

"We do not track refugees," the State Department spokesperson says. "Once a refugee arrives they can move wherever they want."

Refugees sometimes chose to move to where they have a community of people from their country or that speak the same language. This can create cities where many refugees from one country live, like the large Somali community in Minneapolis.

Some argue that the government should know where refugees, some of whom have been through extensive trauma, are living.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a Republican, ordered state police to track Syrian refugees currently residing in his state.

"I issued an executive order telling my agencies to do everything we can," Jindal said. "We don’t want these refugees in our state. I’ve ordered the state police to track the ones that are already in Louisiana.”

LOL Wrong yet again.
02-26-2016 06:09 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
(02-26-2016 06:09 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Yes

Really?

Once arriving in the U.S., refugees are allowed to move anywhere in the country, just like any other legal resident. If a refugee does choose to relocate, a local organization works to transfer the case to another resettlement agency in the new location, but that is not always possible.

"We do not track refugees," the State Department spokesperson says. "Once a refugee arrives they can move wherever they want."

Refugees sometimes chose to move to where they have a community of people from their country or that speak the same language. This can create cities where many refugees from one country live, like the large Somali community in Minneapolis.

Some argue that the government should know where refugees, some of whom have been through extensive trauma, are living.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a Republican, ordered state police to track Syrian refugees currently residing in his state.

"I issued an executive order telling my agencies to do everything we can," Jindal said. "We don’t want these refugees in our state. I’ve ordered the state police to track the ones that are already in Louisiana.”

LOL Wrong yet again.

GOOD GRIEF!!! I was only partially serious. I had hoped, given all of the stuff in Europe and the San Bernardino incident, that our government would take a hint and keep tabs on these people. Can this administration get anything right?
02-26-2016 06:22 PM
Kaplony Offline

(02-26-2016 06:22 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  
(02-26-2016 06:09 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Yes

Really?

LOL Wrong yet again.

GOOD GRIEF!!! I was only partially serious. I had hoped, given all of the stuff in Europe and the San Bernardino incident, that our government would take a hint and keep tabs on these people. Can this administration get anything right?

Can't do that. We might hurt their feelings and they need the manpower to harass ranchers out west.
02-26-2016 10:16 PM
Advertisement

ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(02-26-2016 04:58 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Given your response history, I'm going to go ahead and assume the article you posted is neither very recent, nor confirms that the US knows exactly where all of the syrian refugees are, and therefore, we need to be highly concerned.

Yep

Anytime Tom says "nothing to see here", I assume there is probably something to see here.
02-26-2016 10:42 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
At this point, we shouldn't let anyone in.
02-27-2016 12:03 AM
gsu95 Offline
Fifth Estate

I Root For: USC, GS
Yeah, screw the Statute of Liberty anyway.
You know, all that stupid, "give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
02-29-2016 04:44 PM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
(02-29-2016 04:44 PM)gsu95 Wrote:  Yeah, screw the Statute of Liberty anyway.
You know, all that stupid, "give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

[Image: 6a012876c6c7fb970c01bb07b19a1c970d-500wi]
02-29-2016 04:48 PM
Kaplony Offline

How many are you willing to let live with you?
02-29-2016 04:50 PM
Advertisement

All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt

Yeah, we should definitely model our modern immigration policy after a quote on a statue that is over 200 years old and has no bearing on any of our current or founding legal documents. But sure, just let anyone in because feelings and what not.
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2016 04:52 PM by All Dukes_All Day.)
02-29-2016 04:51 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog

Are you saying people were not turned away at Ellis Island? Do you believe that fairy tale?

You do realize one had to demonstrate they would not be a public burden. If they could not do this they were put on a boat back to from whence they came.
02-29-2016 05:54 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-29-2016 05:54 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

Are you saying people were not turned away at Ellis Island? Do you believe that fairy tale?

You do realize one had to demonstrate they would not be a public burden. If they could not do this they were put on a boat back to from whence they came.

his heart is right......he's figured it out.......................almost.......
02-29-2016 05:58 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
It isn't like they came from a hotbed of religious extremism where terrorism flourishes. And it isn't like they can now roam completely unchecked throughout all of continental Europe.

Jeez guys calm down. </s>
02-29-2016 06:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.