Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who are your team's rivals including developing/future rivalries coming to fruition?
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Who are your team's rivals including developing/future rivalries coming to fruition?
For ECU it is NCSU, USM, UCF & to a lesser degree Marshall & maybe now that we've beaten VT twice in a row that can now be considered a rivalry once again (we are scheduled home & home w/ them in perpetuity). Even though we have taken UNC to the woodshed the last few games (in record breaking fashion I might add) I think that most of their fan base wouldn't want to acknowledge us as a rival even though they really want to beat us more than anyone outside of the triangle schools (& maybe even more so right now bc of the afore-referenced beat downs).

I think after we beat South Carolina 4 out of 5x in the 90s that was gaining traction as a rivalry but then they stopped playing us until recently. They are 3-0 against us this millennium but if we beat them this year we could start making them hate us again.

We are about to start playing WVU again & that was always fun but we need to beat them a few more times before that can feel like a rivalry.

In conference, (outside of UCF) I think the best chance for us to gain a new true rival is Navy and perhaps even Cincy. Although we don't play frequently enough, about 5 or 6 yrs ago ECU & UH started to feel like a quasi-rivalry game.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 03:36 PM by Indiana Bones.)
02-24-2016 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: Who are your team's rivals including developing/future rivalries coming to fruition?
Oh boy, here we go...
02-24-2016 03:35 PM
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: Who are your team's rivals including developing/future rivalries coming to fruition?
Xavier
02-24-2016 03:41 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
UC hopps: XU, UofL

UC FB: UofL, MiamiOH

Pitt started to be a trophy game in fb once we joined the Big East but not enough time past.

UC/Pitt did meet in some meaningful games in the BE
02-24-2016 03:45 PM
B easy Offline
1st String

(02-24-2016 03:33 PM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  For ECU it is NCSU, USM, UCF & to a lesser degree Marshall & maybe now that we've beaten VT twice in a row that can now be considered a rivalry once again (we are scheduled home & home w/ them in perpetuity). Even though we have taken UNC to the woodshed the last few games (in record breaking fashion I might add) I think that most of their fan base wouldn't want to acknowledge us as a rival even though they really want to beat us more than anyone outside of the triangle schools (& maybe even more so right now bc of the afore-referenced beat downs).

I think after we beat South Carolina 4 out of 5x in the 90s that was gaining traction as a rivalry but then they stopped playing us until recently. They are 3-0 against us this millennium but if we beat them this year we could start making them hate us again.

We are about to start playing WVU again & that was always fun but we need to beat them a few more times before that can feel like a rivalry.

In conference, (outside of UCF) I think the best chance for us to gain a new true rival is Navy and perhaps even Cincy. Although we don't play frequently enough, about 5 or 6 yrs ago ECU & UH started to feel like a quasi-rivalry game.

In basketball the only rival we may have is UNCW.
02-24-2016 03:50 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

Tulane's biggest rival is Lusher Charter School I think....
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 03:53 PM by Bearcats#1.)
02-24-2016 03:53 PM
Advertisement

5018Calhoun Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Houston
Houston gets to play all just about all our rivals starting 2017 when we're in the Big12.

But seriously we do have Texas Tech for a 4 game series starting next year. Rice is back on the schedule for 2017 as well. Then of course we always have Teh Rivalry every year with Tulsa
02-24-2016 03:58 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
This is a mostly sad thread for all of us.
02-24-2016 03:59 PM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

(02-24-2016 03:50 PM)B easy Wrote:  
(02-24-2016 03:33 PM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  For ECU it is NCSU, USM, UCF & to a lesser degree Marshall & maybe now that we've beaten VT twice in a row that can now be considered a rivalry once again (we are scheduled home & home w/ them in perpetuity). Even though we have taken UNC to the woodshed the last few games (in record breaking fashion I might add) I think that most of their fan base wouldn't want to acknowledge us as a rival even though they really want to beat us more than anyone outside of the triangle schools (& maybe even more so right now bc of the afore-referenced beat downs).

In basketball the only rival we may have is UNCW.

We play basketball? 03-banghead

[Image: 192592.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 04:05 PM by Indiana Bones.)
02-24-2016 04:04 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

Tulsa - SMU in basketball is probably the biggest for Tulsa. The Uconn matchup has also been pretty interesting. Of course we have the regional 'rivals' WSU & ORU.

In football of course we have Teh Rivalry. We also had a pretty interesting thing growing with UCF until we both decided to tank in adjacent seasons. SMU in football hasn't been super competitive since they haven't been 'good' for a while, but they have pulled some annoying upsets on us.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 04:05 PM by invisiblehand.)
02-24-2016 04:04 PM
MechaKnight Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF, UAB, Army
We laughed at the Civil ConnFLict at first, but we've been getting our ass handed to us so I'm starting to get annoyed at UConn for winning those games. Don't they know they're supposed to be a basketball school that competes with Tulane for last place in football?
02-24-2016 04:09 PM
Advertisement

HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCONN
UCF
02-24-2016 04:10 PM
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

(02-24-2016 04:04 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  Tulsa - SMU in basketball is probably the biggest for Tulsa. The Uconn matchup has also been pretty interesting. Of course we have the regional 'rivals' WSU & ORU.

In football of course we have Teh Rivalry. We also had a pretty interesting thing growing with UCF until we both decided to tank in adjacent seasons. SMU in football hasn't been super competitive since they haven't been 'good' for a while, but they have pulled some annoying upsets on us.

I guess you can throw OU and OSU in. We haven't been super competitive with them in football the last 2 or three decades (although basketball kinda has been). We sort of have an "in-state" thing with them and we play fairly regularly.
02-24-2016 04:22 PM
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
RE:Who are your team's rivals including developing/rivalries coming to fruition?
Current rivals in basketball, Villanova, Penn, St Joes and LaSalle. From the old A10 days if we could ever schedule them again it was Xavier and UMass (I hated those guys).

Football Penn State (from the Temple side anyway), Rutgers (more from the Temple side but I think a few more Rutgers fans are getting tired of Temple stealing a few recruits and having a lot of success with New Jersey players).

As far as the AAC, none, nada, zip, there is just no fire there, no edge, no bad guy.

I can see the potential with maybe Cincinnati in basketball because both teams play a physical style. Couple of high elbows here and there maybe a hard foul on a breakaway layup and maybe something can get started but sadly that’s about it.
02-24-2016 04:22 PM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
Boston college
02-24-2016 04:26 PM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

UC is our number one rival 100%
02-24-2016 04:29 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
UConn football is our number one rival. Then USF, ECU and Houston.
02-24-2016 04:45 PM
Enviro5609 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulane
(02-24-2016 04:09 PM)MechaKnight Wrote:  We laughed at the Civil ConnFLict at first, but we've been getting our ass handed to us so I'm starting to get annoyed at UConn for winning those games. Don't they know they're supposed to be a basketball school that competes with Tulane for last place in football?

Funny, seems like UCF was squarely in last place. A game behind Tulane, who beat you. 07-coffee3
02-24-2016 05:52 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(02-24-2016 04:29 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  UC is our number one rival 100%

Im your biggest rival...not so much the Bearcats.
02-24-2016 06:29 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
Houston doesn't have much in the way of rivals but it does have a nemesis called luck. With more of it, UH has far more trophies, national titles and over funding (e.g. getting into the Big 12 20 years ago).
02-24-2016 06:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.