Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: FBS Teams as Pokemon
Bookmark and Share
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
OT: FBS Teams as Pokemon
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...his-is-fun

Quote:Appalachian State: Geodude. Underrated. Sturdy, solid, great defense. At home near mountains.

Arkansas State: Rattata is a perfectly useful, offense-focused early Pokemon. No matter how many coaches change, or where your journeys take you, Rattata will always be willing to Hyper Fang you.

Georgia Southern: Digletts don't fly. They do everything with their ground game. And they'll absolutely hang 40 on you.

Georgia State: The Cable Club is the section next to the Pokemon Center where you can battle your friends. Fighting right next to a hospital seems very Atlanta.

Idaho: New Mexico State, but a tiny bit better and a tiny bit weirder. Omastar.

Louisiana-Lafayette: The Ragin' Cajuns probably need to be a seafood, right? Let's go with Cloyster, which we bet could taste great with enough butter.

Louisiana-Monroe: A hard-to-figure program near the heart of Duck Dynasty? That's clearly Psyduck.

New Mexico State: A far-flung program that isn't very good, difficult to use, and might be forgotten soon? That's Omanyte.

South Alabama: Elecmon. Elecmon isn't actually a Pokemon, but a Digimon, a rival, knock-off version of Pokemon. That's fitting, since South Alabama wants to just be a discount, knock-off Bama.

Texas State: Okay, now this is getting pretty tough. Thinking about Texas State football too long will probably make you sick, just like Koffing.

Troy: Zapdos, a legendary electric bird and the most badass Pokemon not yet claimed. It has nothing to do with Troy. We just felt like saying something nice about Troy.
02-23-2016 08:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tx.state Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST
RE: OT: FBS Teams as Pokemon
The Venn diagram intersection of people who can name most FBS teams/mascots and any Pokemon characters is probably very small.
02-23-2016 10:24 AM
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
yeah this was all over my head
02-23-2016 10:26 AM
Advertisement

CajunFan3406 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
(02-23-2016 10:24 AM)tx.state Wrote:  The Venn diagram intersection of people who can name most FBS teams/mascots and any Pokemon characters is probably very small.

Count me into that intersection, along with 3 or 4 other friends who are avid college sports fans who used to be into Pokemon when we were kids.
02-23-2016 10:52 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
This is by far the best post I've seen on this site. Loved the Troy one 03-lmfao
02-23-2016 11:55 AM
Advertisement

ButlerGSU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA Southern
I don't understand this.
02-23-2016 12:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
(02-23-2016 08:20 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  Texas State: Okay, now this is getting pretty tough. Thinking about Texas State football too long will probably make you sick, just like Koffing.

As someone who has watched a fair-share of Texas State athletics, I can see this one. The late-inning bullpen meltdowns, the anemic football offense, the Knee, National TV blowouts, and dont even get me started on shootyhoops.... 03-puke
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2016 03:46 PM by chrisattsu.)
02-23-2016 03:45 PM
Advertisement

Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(02-23-2016 10:24 AM)tx.state Wrote:  The Venn diagram intersection of people who can name most FBS teams/mascots and any Pokemon characters is probably very small.

I stand ready to impress you.

As for the OT, I was pretty disappointed that we didn't even get an actual Pokemon. Magikarp would have been a good choice, seeing how we went all Gyarados as the season progressed.
02-24-2016 01:39 PM
DrGonzo Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
How did Troy get a legendary bird??? Zapdos is on my belt for every trip to the Pokemon league. Troy ain't no Zapdos.

I'd say Auburn, Michigan, and Florida are Zapdos, Multres, and Articuno respectively.
02-24-2016 02:50 PM
Advertisement

Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(02-24-2016 02:50 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  How did Troy get a legendary bird??? Zapdos is on my belt for every trip to the Pokemon league. Troy ain't no Zapdos.

I'd say Auburn, Michigan, and Florida are Zapdos, Multres, and Articuno respectively.

Now that you mention it, it's weird that Zapdos is the only legendary bird on the list. Auburn and Florida both got Stage 2 starters, at least.
02-24-2016 03:34 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
WTF is a Pokemon? Some kind of oriental STD?

I'm kidding of course 04-cheers
02-24-2016 04:34 PM
Wonmoretime Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GaSo
I feel really old now.
02-24-2016 06:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.