Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What do you think of OT threads?
Let's make an effort to keep it on The Sports Bar
Let's make The Sports Bar a subforum here, so that it's all in one place but separate
Let's move The Sports Bar into this board
I think it's fine as is
Doesn't matter to me
My name is Jim Donnan, and I know kung fu
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Off topic threads
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Off topic threads
I want to get a gauge for how you guys feel about the OT threads here. My sense is the OT threads are posted here instead of The Sports Bar because of the higher activity here.

I'm not making any changes, just want to get a feel for the crowd here.
02-21-2016 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
RE: Off topic threads
I voted for the last option but seriously, my real vote is that the sports bar should be a sub forum here. In addition, the pro sports forum should be a completely visible forum (or if here, sub forum) one way or another. It has more activity than the sports bar.
02-21-2016 10:06 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(02-21-2016 09:45 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  I want to get a gauge for how you guys feel about the OT threads here. My sense is the OT threads are posted here instead of The Sports Bar because of the higher activity here.

I'm not making any changes, just want to get a feel for the crowd here.

Why ask questions when you already know the answer?
02-22-2016 01:06 AM
DavidSt Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Some of the off topics does have a connection to college sports like the financial crises in some states. The crises could effect schools and in turn could effect all the sports like closing down the schools like Kentucky State and LSU.
02-22-2016 01:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
I'm as guilty as anybody. I'll try to do better in the future.

I do think somethings get classified or labeled as OT when they are not. Not to pick on DavidSt but his thread about state finances affecting college sports seems to be on-topic to me.
02-22-2016 09:39 AM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
Since this is a realignment board almost as much as it's a board about college sports, I would like to see any post about pro sports realigment, relocation, or new stadium topics be allowed or even encouraged on this board.

I would draw the line and not allow any posts about pro sports free agents or any pro games or standings.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2016 09:57 AM by goofus.)
02-22-2016 09:48 AM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
How come there is no vote to add even more off topic threads?
02-22-2016 09:59 AM
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(02-22-2016 09:48 AM)goofus Wrote:  Since this is a realignment board almost as much as it's a board about college sports, I would like to see any post about pro sports realigment, relocation, or new stadium topics be allowed or even encouraged on this board......

I disagree. I prefer this board to be exclusively about college conference realignment and matters which affect same.

I also wish CSNBBS forums automatically banned duplicate ISP's. That would significantly reduce trolling.
02-22-2016 10:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
I think it's fine this board would be pretty boring with out the OT posts, I think I might come here more for that then I realize. Anything to do with College Sports, Conference Talk, TV Deals (Pro or College), Stadium Improvements (Any Sports), New College Facilities, Move Ups and Downs in FBS, FCS, D2, D3, etc., major Sports Topics, etc. I think is fine.
02-22-2016 10:37 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(02-22-2016 10:04 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  I also wish CSNBBS forums automatically banned duplicate ISP's.

You do that, and you're going to piss off everybody using the site from a cellular data plan ... as cellular data backbones are structured so that MILLIONS of people show up on the public internet as the same IP address.
02-22-2016 11:07 AM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(02-22-2016 11:07 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(02-22-2016 10:04 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  I also wish CSNBBS forums automatically banned duplicate ISP's.

You do that, and you're going to piss off everybody using the site from a cellular data plan ... as cellular data backbones are structured so that MILLIONS of people show up on the public internet as the same IP address.

must've been designed by one of those elephant engineers.
07-coffee3
02-22-2016 02:43 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
Kung Fu is a requirement if you are going to be involved in Real Estate fraud.
02-22-2016 04:57 PM
IHAVETRIED Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
(02-22-2016 01:17 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  Some of the off topics does have a connection to college sports like the financial crises in some states. The crises could effect schools and in turn could effect all the sports like closing down the schools like Kentucky State and LSU.
State 'Financial Crises' likely have bearing on, and probably do affect College Sports and probably do affect future Realignment(s) options. I do not think this topic was/is OT.

Sports in general and College sports in particular have become such a major major part of our culture and society. What some of us may deem to be 'off-topic' in our own minds may be only one just one degree away from relevancy to a topic.
02-23-2016 04:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.