UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Visiting MTSU?
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Visiting MTSU?
Here are some tips if you are visiting M'boro / MTSU for the first time or if you're returning, either way. Hopefully y'all have hotels by now but if you don't Exit 76 on I-24 (Medical Center Pkwy) has the nicest hotels with Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden, and Holiday Inn recently opened. Restaurants at The Avenue mall adjacent to those hotels are very good - I personally recommend BJ's (upscale brewhouse), Longhorn (steakhouse), and Newk's Eatery if you're in the mood for a quick sit-down kind of place.

Parking is best at the Greenland lot located on Greenland Ave (top of map cutting left to right), or across the street from the Murphy Center and some other spots around. Here is a little map I drew up to help. The green arrows are where you will be driving and the red arrows are for which way you should walk. The parking lots are circled blue and labeled "Across Street", "Greenland Lot", and "Baseball". The best way is to go up Middle TN Blvd then turn on to Greenland Dr for main parking lots or if you want to try to find a spot by the baseball stadium (not recommended) you could turn on Faulkenberry. If you're coming from I-24 exits, you will be coming from south (bottom of the map) and should follow Mid TN Blvd and turn RIGHT on Greenland towards the Greenland Lot (or, if you prefer, left to the 'across street' lot but that one fills up quickly).

[Image: DrTOGy9.png]

A word of caution, the city just started a major expansion project of Middle TN Blvd so be careful while driving. Traffic shouldn't be TOO bad because of it but it is 2 lanes instead of 4 for about a mile between Main St and Faulkenberry. Hope y'all enjoy your trip to MTSU (but lose the game 03-razz) and enjoy the atmosphere - we're hoping for a sellout of just under 12,000!
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2016 11:20 PM by Ole Blue.)
02-17-2016 11:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Visiting MTSU?
Thanks!
02-17-2016 11:49 PM
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
Thanks Ole Blue. I wish I could get up there Sunday but I have three folks in my house with the flu. We made the trip last week to Ruston, LA. Nice folks down there. Nice to see good fan bases in our conference. It wasn't like that with Cincy, Louisville, Memphis, and Marquette.
02-18-2016 08:52 AM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(02-18-2016 08:52 AM)BandGrad Wrote:  Thanks Ole Blue. I wish I could get up there Sunday but I have three folks in my house with the flu. We made the trip last week to Ruston, LA. Nice folks down there. Nice to see good fan bases in our conference. It wasn't like that with Cincy, Louisville, Memphis, and Marquette.

BandGrad, I'm just curious to know if those folks with the flu had the flu shot or not.

Only one person in our family has had the flu this winter. It was the one person who didn't get the vaccination.
02-18-2016 09:25 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I have had the flue shot four times and got the flue three of them. This year (so far) is the first time I have had the flue shot and not been on my death bed. Not a fan of them but so far so good. Now I have participated in the derail and must ban myself for a while.......
02-18-2016 09:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(02-18-2016 09:29 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I have had the flue shot four times and got the flue three of them. This year (so far) is the first time I have had the flue shot and not been on my death bed. Not a fan of them but so far so good. Now I have participated in the derail and must ban myself for a while.......

Haha! I apologize for the derail, but I'm really curious about this.
02-18-2016 10:05 AM
Advertisement

BandGrad Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2016 10:05 AM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  
(02-18-2016 09:29 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I have had the flue shot four times and got the flue three of them. This year (so far) is the first time I have had the flue shot and not been on my death bed. Not a fan of them but so far so good. Now I have participated in the derail and must ban myself for a while.......

Haha! I apologize for the derail, but I'm really curious about this.

I think the kids had the flu shot. I know I didn't take one this year and my wife didn't either.
02-18-2016 10:45 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I've had a sinus infection and a nagging cough. Go Blazers
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 10:52 AM by Memphis Blazer.)
02-18-2016 10:52 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-18-2016 08:52 AM)BandGrad Wrote:  Thanks Ole Blue. I wish I could get up there Sunday but I have three folks in my house with the flu. We made the trip last week to Ruston, LA. Nice folks down there. Nice to see good fan bases in our conference. It wasn't like that with Cincy, Louisville, Memphis, and Marquette.

No Problem ! Hope your family starts feeling better. I had the flu down in FL last fall -- no fun at all. I was out of commission for a few weeks ! Keep that flu down in AL for us :)

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, I am glad to help ! Can't wait for Sun!

Also word to the wise -- if you do NOT have your tickets yet, it would be a good idea to buy them now since this game might be near or at capacity on Sunday. The away sections are J & K behind the basket. Best to call 1-888-YES-MTSU and ask to sit with the other UAB fans in J or K.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 07:00 PM by Ole Blue.)
02-18-2016 02:33 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Flu shots in essence give you a mild case of the flu so as to build up your immune system - pretty much the same w/ any shot generally speaking. I've never had a flu shot & never gotten the flu though the hot/cold spurts that serve as "winter" in the south paly havoc w/ my sinuses. Do I need to throw in a Bear or per capita spending ref???
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 03:35 PM by blazerwkr.)
02-18-2016 03:34 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

Section N Row 17 3 seats available beside me.

Also, it's $12 per ticket.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 08:48 PM by Dracorex.)
02-18-2016 08:48 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I pick my tickets up from the NAS tomorrow. I have no idea where they are, but I assume I'll be among Blazer fans.
02-18-2016 09:04 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(02-18-2016 08:48 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  Section N Row 17 3 seats available beside me.

You are 3 rows in front of me.
02-18-2016 09:47 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
We meeting anywhere for some grub?
02-18-2016 11:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(02-18-2016 11:46 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  We meeting anywhere for some grub?

Thought you couldn't go ?

Absolutely eating somewhere. Count us in for 2 for lunch.
02-19-2016 12:12 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I recommend Newk's Eatery at the Avenue for a good, quick lunch. They have a TON of options, a lot for healthy folks too. Sandwiches, soups, salads, etc. but very good. Also "The Boulevard" located on Middle TN Blvd at the corner of Main St is a great place for a meal too especially if you want a late lunch and would like to walk around campus after. Lower bowl seating is nearly gone so if you don't get it tomorrow or Saturday you will sit in the bleachers.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2016 01:09 AM by Ole Blue.)
02-19-2016 01:08 AM
Advertisement

DragonClaw Offline
1st String

On my last visit to Murfreesboro, I really enjoyed the Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom. It seems to be the best place for craft beer lovers.

Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom
1835 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN37129
02-19-2016 08:56 AM
ICB Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2016 08:48 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  Section N Row 17 3 seats available beside me.

I have six on Section N Row 17 as well.
02-19-2016 09:59 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Change of plans. I'm in now.
02-19-2016 01:51 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(02-18-2016 03:34 PM)blazerwkr Wrote:  Flu shots in essence give you a mild case of the flu so as to build up your immune system - pretty much the same w/ any shot generally speaking. I've never had a flu shot & never gotten the flu though the hot/cold spurts that serve as "winter" in the south paly havoc w/ my sinuses. Do I need to throw in a Bear or per capita spending ref???

Hold off on the "per capita spending" comments until we see how much the legislature takes from the SETF for the General Fund Budget. Since the projected 2016-2017 Education Budget is still many millions less than the 2008-2009 budget, Alabama could remain the national champion in cutting per pupil spending for all levels of its public schools. We shall have to wait to see what they do in Montgomery between now and May.
02-19-2016 01:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.