Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Calls from the Rice Men's Basketball team
owl95 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice
Calls from the Rice Men's Basketball team
Same as last year, I think the season ticket holders are getting phone calls from the players. I just received one from Bishop Mency and they want the season ticket holders to try to show up for the Saturday FIU game. I will definitely try to go to both games this week if I am able.

If the season ticket holder base grows, I wonder how long they keep up this tradition :)
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2016 08:05 PM by owl95.)
02-16-2016 08:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
RE: Calls from the Rice Men's Basketball team
Chucks, I'm on the road and they have my home number. Bishop called me last year. However, I will be at the games on Thursday and Saturday.
02-16-2016 08:49 PM
greyowl72 Online
Heisman

I had a call early yesterday evening.."Rice University" came up on the caller ID. I thought it was going to be about the February 29th Challenge, but it was Marcus Evans. Very nice young man. He said that we had a big game coming up this Saturday and asked if I was going to be there. I said I certainly would be there (how could I refuse??!!)
Looking forward to a great weekend of Rice Basketball and Baseball.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2016 11:00 AM by greyowl72.)
02-17-2016 10:59 AM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Got a voicemail message late yesterday left by Andrew Drone. Same message as others have received. Wonder why they're touting the Saturday afternoon FIU game over tomorrow evening's game vs. FAU?
02-17-2016 11:16 AM
Advertisement

Frizzy Owl Offline
Heisman

(02-17-2016 11:16 AM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  Got a voicemail message late yesterday left by Andrew Drone. Same message as others have received. Wonder why they're touting the Saturday afternoon FIU game over tomorrow evening's game vs. FAU?

From a marketing angle there's a greater overall net benefit to get people to come on campus on Saturday than on Thursday night. Fans can stay for the baseball game and whatever else is going on.
02-17-2016 11:30 AM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-17-2016 11:30 AM)Frizzy Owl Wrote:  
(02-17-2016 11:16 AM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  Got a voicemail message late yesterday left by Andrew Drone. Same message as others have received. Wonder why they're touting the Saturday afternoon FIU game over tomorrow evening's game vs. FAU?

From a marketing angle there's a greater overall net benefit to get people to come on campus on Saturday than on Thursday night. Fans can stay for the baseball game and whatever else is going on.

Plus I think they are choosing their battle with regards to % chance of success. Much better chance of selling out a Saturday game than a weeknight game.
02-17-2016 11:52 AM
75src Offline
All American

The timing seems right on the games-men's basketball at 1 and walk over to see baseball at 4 on Saturday.
02-17-2016 04:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.