02-11-2016 03:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
RE: Pulling apart the BIG XII
Iowa State isn't going to the B1G. I think you may have meant KU
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2016 03:56 PM by 10thMountain.)
02-11-2016 03:56 PM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
In order for this to work, and have no threats of lawsuits or congressional intervention, is to find homes for all 10 schools. So it needs to be split into packages where the other Power conferences get something they want.

So in order for ACC to get ND football, they will also need to take WV.

So for the SEC to get Oklahoma, they will also need to take OkSt, Baylor and TCU.

In order for the PAC to get the biggest prize of all, Texas, they will have to make the biggest sacrifice and also take TT, KanSt, Kan and Iowa St.
02-11-2016 05:05 PM
Erictelevision Offline
All American

I Root For: Uconn hoops
goofus: How does a conference that extends from CA to IOWA make any sense!! That makes as much sense as WV in the BIG XII. And Mountain, I gave the MAC as a possible destination for ISU.
02-11-2016 05:08 PM
CyclonePower Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Iowa State
If and I think it's a big if, Iowa state doesn't get into another P5 it would join the best G5. I don't see Iowa state wanting to downgrade it's good basketball and volleyball to the MAC. Plus it would be a huge culture shock. Most stadiums are around 15,000-30,000. Iowa state has a 61,500 person stadium.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2016 06:00 PM by CyclonePower.)
02-11-2016 06:00 PM
FloridaState1990 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: FSU, UCF
Fox and ESPN will also have a say in how and where schools end up. Also think Is safe to say WVu is not getting into the acc or the sec.
02-11-2016 06:49 PM
Advertisement

Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
Iowa State to the MAC I have now heard it all. They rather be with the rest then the MAC. We should have a limit on the number of topics a new poster can start.
02-11-2016 06:55 PM
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
Iowa State is Mid-West AAU school they really should be in the Big Ten (doubt they will be but they should) also Kansas and Missouri should also be there plus Pitt but not Maryland or Rutgers and maybe not even Penn State.
02-11-2016 06:57 PM
PGEMF Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ohio State
(02-11-2016 03:36 PM)Erictelevision Wrote:  If these movements happen, what happens with the rest:

Iowa St.-BIG1G/MAC
WVU-ACC/SEC
OU+UT+OSU-PAC-12/SEC

Can you explain again WHY the Big Ten schools would LOSE money to add Iowa State?
02-11-2016 07:01 PM
goofus Offline
All American

(02-11-2016 05:08 PM)Erictelevision Wrote:  goofus: How does a conference that extends from CA to IOWA make any sense!! That makes as much sense as WV in the BIG XII. And Mountain, I gave the MAC as a possible destination for ISU.

How does a conference from Washington to Texas make any sense?
02-11-2016 07:02 PM
AntiG Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
the B1G makes the most money and has the most national influence of any conference. They aren't going to take the leftover, but will get the pick of the litter.

That means Texas and/or Oklahoma.
02-11-2016 07:08 PM
Advertisement

goofus Offline
All American

(02-11-2016 06:00 PM)CyclonePower Wrote:  If and I think it's a big if, Iowa state doesn't get into another P5 it would join the best G5. I don't see Iowa state wanting to downgrade it's good basketball and volleyball to the MAC. Plus it would be a huge culture shock. Most stadiums are around 15,000-30,000. Iowa state has a 61,500 person stadium.

If Iowa state gets left out of a Power conference, Congress will start asking about the NCAA non-profit status. All of a sudden Iowa state will get anew invite to a Power conference. Maybe the BigTen will suddenly decide it's in their best interest to give Iowa St an invite.
02-11-2016 07:10 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
I don't buy the theory that EVERY school in the B12 would have to find a P4 home. The SWC folded and left some really good schools out in the cold. The oBE collapsed and left some really good schools out in the cold. Congress might have raised an eyebrow but that was all they did. There were some law suits in the oBE but they didn't change the outcome. It sucks that a school like Iowa State might get left out while a school like Washington State is grandfathered in.

I'm not convinced WV finds a home either. The SEC and ACC have passed on WV a couple of times.

The B12s fate lies with Texas and Oklahoma. If either one of those two leave, it is over. It would hurt if Kansas left but that would not be enough for the conference to collapse.
02-11-2016 07:42 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Nobody wants West Virginia, Iowa State, Kansas State, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State or Texas Tech Tech. If Oklahoma and Kansas goes to the Big 10? Texas goes to the ACC? PAC 12 will reject the others big time. To help keep things in purpose, the Big 12 will add 5 to 7 teams to go to 12-14 to keep the P5 status as an agreement.
02-11-2016 08:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
(02-11-2016 03:36 PM)Erictelevision Wrote:  If these movements happen, what happens with the rest:

Iowa St.-BIG1G/MAC
WVU-ACC/SEC
OU+UT+OSU-PAC-12/SEC

The great Lord Cthulhu will rise and become the destroyer of worlds while the rest of us will be forced into slavery in Shalonian salt mines.
02-11-2016 08:33 PM
Erictelevision Offline
All American

(02-11-2016 06:57 PM)Carolina_Low_Country Wrote:  Iowa State is Mid-West AAU school they really should be in the Big Ten (doubt they will be but they should) also Kansas and Missouri should also be there plus Pitt but not Maryland or Rutgers and maybe not even Penn State.

I agree completely with you about Big 10 membership! If you don't like my topics, don't read them.
02-11-2016 08:50 PM
Advertisement

Erictelevision Offline
All American

I also agree that a CA-TX conference is/would be insane.
02-11-2016 08:52 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(02-11-2016 07:10 PM)goofus Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 06:00 PM)CyclonePower Wrote:  If and I think it's a big if, Iowa state doesn't get into another P5 it would join the best G5. I don't see Iowa state wanting to downgrade it's good basketball and volleyball to the MAC. Plus it would be a huge culture shock. Most stadiums are around 15,000-30,000. Iowa state has a 61,500 person stadium.

If Iowa state gets left out of a Power conference, Congress will start asking about the NCAA non-profit status. All of a sudden Iowa state will get anew invite to a Power conference. Maybe the BigTen will suddenly decide it's in their best interest to give Iowa St an invite.

Why didn't congress get involved when Rice, SMU and TCU were booted out of the power structure after the SWC break up? I could add Houston but like Ciny, USF and UCONN they were newbies to the power structure and didn't last long in it. Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2016 09:17 PM by billybobby777.)
02-11-2016 09:14 PM
CyclonePower Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Iowa State
(02-11-2016 09:14 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

Why didn't congress get involved when Rice, SMU and TCU were booted out of the power structure after the SWC break up? I could add Houston but like Ciny, USF and UCONN they were newbies to the power structure and didn't last long in it. Cheers!

Well Iowa state is a flag ship university, AAU, and the largest in Iowa. Those other universities are private or regional schools.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2016 09:52 PM by CyclonePower.)
02-11-2016 09:48 PM
goofus Offline
All American

(02-11-2016 09:14 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

As long as Ken Starr is around, I would not try to kick Baylor out of the Power conferences.
02-11-2016 09:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.