Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Danny Owens is out
Bookmark and Share
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

I Root For: Memphis
Danny Owens is out
Danny Owens has been released and is staying in a halfway house in Memphis.

Can any of you share any Danny Owens or Danny Owens' businesses stories?
02-10-2016 06:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oldmangrizz Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
RE: Danny Owens is out
(02-10-2016 06:29 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  Danny Owens has been released and is staying in a halfway house in Memphis.

I wouldn't even know where to start.
02-10-2016 07:57 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(02-10-2016 06:29 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  Danny Owens has been released and is staying in a halfway house in Memphis.

My Dad ran his security detail for him back in the day. The man was one crazy mofo and had the adult entertainment racket cornered.
02-10-2016 09:12 AM
TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
I used to go swimming at his house. The pool was damn near Olympic size. It took his neighbor's back yard to fit. High dive. Beer cooler was always stocked. This was back before he went to prison. Never saw him there.
02-10-2016 09:52 AM
Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis

I have some, but I will have to think about it.
02-10-2016 11:39 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Interesting. June 2016 was his original release date. I had the opportunity to go to Danny's one time in the early 90's. I won't be surprised if the CA does a story on him now that he is out.
02-10-2016 11:54 AM
Advertisement

Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Anyway get him on the ticket with Trump?
02-10-2016 12:42 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers

We did biz with him when he owned the cab service. I found him to be very cordial in that environment.

I am worried about an "acquaintance" who I warned about messing around with Owens' "wife" over the years.
02-10-2016 02:38 PM
RandyMc Offline
Reverend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(02-10-2016 02:38 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  I am worried about an "acquaintance" who I warned about messing around with Owens' "wife" over the years.

While in Nashville for a convention years ago, a teacher took me and another student to Owen's wife's place on Lower Broadway, the Classic Cat II. I had never been to a joint like that before.

About a month later, it exploded one night...
02-10-2016 04:09 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
assault with a knife, drugs, gambling, prostitution, racketeering, and federal check-kiting charges...

dude needs to go back to jail...glad they shut down his clubs, and changed the laws to render them useless.

http://www.memphisflyer.com/NewsBlog/arc...-on-appeal
02-11-2016 08:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
Wait, did Shelby county pass ordinances against nudity and contact in strip clubs?
02-11-2016 12:56 PM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(02-11-2016 12:56 PM)MemphisCanes Wrote:  Wait, did Shelby county pass ordinances against nudity and contact in strip clubs?

Yeah--a bunch of fun sponges.

If you sell beer, girls have to wear bikinis.

No alcohol sales, girls can be topless.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2016 01:03 PM by salukiblue.)
02-11-2016 01:02 PM
oldmangrizz Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
(02-11-2016 01:02 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 12:56 PM)MemphisCanes Wrote:  Wait, did Shelby county pass ordinances against nudity and contact in strip clubs?

I never needed alcohol to participate in activities with the type of women that work in those places.
02-11-2016 04:10 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

no nudity, period...

Quote:The dancer's modest new wardrobe stems from a county ordinance regulating adult businesses that took effect on January 1st. The law bans nudity and alcohol from businesses that meet the qualifications for an "adult cabaret."

As a result, owners of the Gold Club, the Pony, and other Memphis strip clubs have declared their clubs are no longer adult businesses. At the Gold Club, dancers look more like Hooters girls in tight tees and Daisy Dukes, while dancers at the Pony sport bikinis that fully cover their breasts and buttocks.

And while dancers continue to perform sexually suggestive pole dances, they do so without ever flashing so much as a nipple.
The city once known as home to some of the raunchiest strip joints in the country now falls under some of the strictest regulations.

Because the owners are not operating their clubs as adult businesses, they're allowed to continue selling alcohol. Plus, they're not required to follow one of the more restrictive pieces of the county ordinance, which requires that dancers remain six feet from patrons during any performance. But the results are PG-13-friendly bikini bars that are a far cry from the bare-it-all strip clubs they once were.

http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/the-...id=3110952
02-12-2016 08:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
No sex in the champagne room?
02-12-2016 10:20 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-12-2016 08:55 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

no nudity, period...

Quote:The dancer's modest new wardrobe stems from a county ordinance regulating adult businesses that took effect on January 1st. The law bans nudity and alcohol from businesses that meet the qualifications for an "adult cabaret."

As a result, owners of the Gold Club, the Pony, and other Memphis strip clubs have declared their clubs are no longer adult businesses. At the Gold Club, dancers look more like Hooters girls in tight tees and Daisy Dukes, while dancers at the Pony sport bikinis that fully cover their breasts and buttocks.

And while dancers continue to perform sexually suggestive pole dances, they do so without ever flashing so much as a nipple.
The city once known as home to some of the raunchiest strip joints in the country now falls under some of the strictest regulations.

Because the owners are not operating their clubs as adult businesses, they're allowed to continue selling alcohol. Plus, they're not required to follow one of the more restrictive pieces of the county ordinance, which requires that dancers remain six feet from patrons during any performance. But the results are PG-13-friendly bikini bars that are a far cry from the bare-it-all strip clubs they once were.

At one time, weren't the Memphis clubs known nationally for allowing the most nudity?
02-12-2016 11:17 AM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
(02-12-2016 11:17 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

no nudity, period...

At one time, weren't the Memphis clubs known nationally for allowing the most nudity?

Danny's (and later on Platinum Plus) were both very well known nationally. I worked at a hotel in the early 1990's. I picked up a guy from Canada at the airport. He said, "I know two things about Memphis...Elvis and Danny's."
02-12-2016 11:23 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-12-2016 11:23 AM)3601 Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 11:17 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

no nudity, period...

Danny's (and later on Platinum Plus) were both very well known nationally. I worked at a hotel in the early 1990's. I picked up a guy from Canada at the airport. He said, "I know two things about Memphis...Elvis and Danny's."

This acquaintance of mine who I expressed a concern about earlier, was a DJ at Platinum Plus for years. I met some well known "ladies" thru him. Away from the club like at dinner, rides to the airport etc.
02-12-2016 11:33 AM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
Hell, I left Memphis in 2005 and Platinum and The Pony were pretty hardcore back then. Did y'all find religion or something since then? Cal take all the fun with him up to Lexington?
02-12-2016 01:04 PM
TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
Somebody opened another club in the PP building. Didn't take long for authorities to shut it down for good. Never knew it was open. That part of town ain't looking good.
02-12-2016 03:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.