Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Shelby Farms Greenline extention to Cordova question
Bookmark and Share
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
Shelby Farms Greenline extention to Cordova question
It's been a while since I've run on the greenline east to Mullins Station. The greenline used to end at Farm road but I've read that it's being expanded east past Germantown Road.

As of now, is there any extension east of Farm Road, or is it still under construction?
02-08-2016 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
RE: Shelby Farms Greenline extention to Cordova question
(02-08-2016 01:15 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  It's been a while since I've run on the greenline east to Mullins Station. The greenline used to end at Farm road but I've read that it's being expanded east past Germantown Road.

As of now, is there any extension east of Farm Road, or is it still under construction?

I don't know if it's officially open, but went through there a few weeks ago and the blacktop was down and they were working on the street crossings (Whitten, Appling, etc.).
02-08-2016 01:22 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(02-08-2016 01:22 PM)poppaslaw Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 01:15 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  It's been a while since I've run on the greenline east to Mullins Station. The greenline used to end at Farm road but I've read that it's being expanded east past Germantown Road.

I don't know if it's officially open, but went through there a few weeks ago and the blacktop was down and they were working on the street crossings (Whitten, Appling, etc.).

Can you run on it from Farm to Germantown?
02-08-2016 01:26 PM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

Donators
(02-08-2016 01:26 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 01:22 PM)poppaslaw Wrote:  

Can you run on it from Farm to Germantown?

I can't say for sure how far the blacktop goes. Can only see to just past Appling crossing when driving towards Gtown Rd and coming out on Trinity.
02-08-2016 01:31 PM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

Donators
I would imagine it is.
02-08-2016 01:34 PM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

Donators
I didn't see any signs of construction on Gtown Pkwy crossing when I went to get my car windows tinted the first week in Jan.
02-08-2016 01:40 PM
Advertisement

georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
Not open yet. I think most of the blacktopping is done. Saw a few trucks/equipment on both sides of GTown Pkwy yesterday, so maybe they're about to tackle that crossing.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 04:26 PM by georgiatiger.)
02-08-2016 04:26 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
I have been on the bike/trail from the penal farm back north toward Shelby Farms. Is that the same thing?
02-08-2016 04:35 PM
umbluegray Online
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
The extension is not open yet. They are finishing the road crossings.

No work has started on G'town Pkwy.
02-08-2016 05:05 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

The main reason I'm asking is because I'm looking for a long run from my place U of M area out to Cordova (Trinity/Germantown) and know the Greenline had terminated at Farm Road. I would then still run east on Mullins Station to Ral-Lagrange to Trinity but that run is a pain in the arse since I have to run on the street and dodge cars.

IF that portion of the trail is paved and accessible I can just run on that. Hence my question.
02-08-2016 05:25 PM
plaidtiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Folding@NCAAbbs
I saw people running on it yesterday.
02-08-2016 07:00 PM
Advertisement

plaidtiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Folding@NCAAbbs
(02-08-2016 05:25 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  The main reason I'm asking is because I'm looking for a long run from my place U of M area out to Cordova (Trinity/Germantown) and know the Greenline had terminated at Farm Road. I would then still run east on Mullins Station to Ral-Lagrange to Trinity but that run is a pain in the arse since I have to run on the street and dodge cars.

IF that portion of the trail is paved and accessible I can just run on that. Hence my question.

You could run through Shelby Farms to dog park off of Trinity. But it's been a couple of years since I ran over there, so I don't know if some of the trail has been blocked by the construction near Patriot Lake.

The Greenline follows the railroad, so it would go towards Macon instead of Trinity. I also don't think they have put any blacktop on that part of the trail. At least I couldn't see any while driving on Germantown Pkwy.
02-08-2016 07:08 PM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
(02-08-2016 07:08 PM)plaidtiger Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 05:25 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  The main reason I'm asking is because I'm looking for a long run from my place U of M area out to Cordova (Trinity/Germantown) and know the Greenline had terminated at Farm Road. I would then still run east on Mullins Station to Ral-Lagrange to Trinity but that run is a pain in the arse since I have to run on the street and dodge cars.

You could run through Shelby Farms to dog park off of Trinity. But it's been a couple of years since I ran over there, so I don't know if some of the trail has been blocked by the construction near Patriot Lake.

The Greenline follows the railroad, so it would go towards Macon instead of Trinity. I also don't think they have put any blacktop on that part of the trail. At least I couldn't see any while driving on Germantown Pkwy.

If you're talking about tour de wolf mountain bike trail connecting to the dog park, it's open but re-routed.

If you're talking about hitting the paved trail to the dirt road and then back to the dog park, that is not currently open.
02-08-2016 07:50 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

02-08-2016 09:06 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

How far are you running if you don't mind me asking? Waiting on my knee rehab to be done so I can get back on the bike and consider running again.
02-09-2016 12:56 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(02-09-2016 12:56 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

How far are you running if you don't mind me asking? Waiting on my knee rehab to be done so I can get back on the bike and consider running again.

That route would be a 13 miler. I'm ramping up for a few half's this spring, so I'm doing 10-16 on the weekends. Trying to break 1:30 (ideally a 1:27:59 would qualify me for the NY Marathon, but...). Ran a 1:31 at St. Jude this past December.
02-09-2016 01:07 PM
Advertisement

Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-09-2016 01:07 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  

That route would be a 13 miler. I'm ramping up for a few half's this spring, so I'm doing 10-16 on the weekends. Trying to break 1:30 (ideally a 1:27:59 would qualify me for the NY Marathon, but...). Ran a 1:31 at St. Jude this past December.

Go for it. That's awesome. I'm 62 and my knees are shot. Got into bicycling about four years ago. Been off a year because of knee surgery but ready to get back. Wife and I can do about 35 miles per day a few days a week. On hybrids. Can go a little further on road bike.

I was at the gym the other day and swam and stationary bike for some cardio and shed a little tear as I walked by the basketball floor and saw all those guys out there playing. I really miss that.
02-09-2016 02:58 PM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

Donators

You ain't gon' be runnin' nuttin' if you don't watch crossing the street.
02-11-2016 02:03 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(02-11-2016 02:03 PM)poppaslaw Wrote:  

You ain't gon' be runnin' nuttin' if you don't watch crossing the street.

Damn women drivers on their cell phones ain't paying mind to the road.
02-11-2016 05:50 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
folks aren't scared to cross Highland or Gtown Pky...but for some reason this mullins station development has people acting like it's a horror movie.
02-12-2016 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.