Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Melvin Rice back
Bookmark and Share
DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Melvin Rice back
Saw this on Football Scoop who credited SI:

Sigler is moving to South Alabama. Melvin Rice is taking over coaching the corners.
02-07-2016 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
RE: Melvin Rice back
Welcome Back Melvin!
02-07-2016 10:48 AM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
Wasn't siegler our main connection left from bama/Texas?
02-07-2016 11:09 AM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
Melvin Rice back
Yep. He was our bama guy and neimann was texas

Either way, welcome back scooby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 11:14 AM by NIU32.)
02-07-2016 11:14 AM
Advertisement

HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
(02-07-2016 11:09 AM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  Wasn't siegler our main connection left from bama/Texas?

Have we even signed any Bama guys the last 2 years?
02-07-2016 12:21 PM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

Melvin Rice back
(02-07-2016 12:21 PM)HuskieRak Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 11:09 AM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  Wasn't siegler our main connection left from bama/Texas?

Have we even signed any Bama guys the last 2 years?

Last year we picked up 2 guys from Bama, Trayshon Foster and Marquis Howard

02-07-2016 01:03 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

02-08-2016 10:32 AM
Advertisement

RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
We are slowly losing some of the recruiting hotbeds of Texas and Alabama. That is somewhat concerning. Hopefully Rice has made some connections down there over the past few years.
02-08-2016 10:53 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I am hoping Melvin Rice will strengthen our recruiting with the CPS schools. Being a Morgan Park grad, I hope he can connect with the top CPS players. Many of them do not get the exposure of suburban kids so a lot of diamonds in the rough.
02-10-2016 08:43 AM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

Melvin Rice back
(02-10-2016 08:43 AM)klake87 Wrote:  I am hoping Melvin Rice will strengthen our recruiting with the CPS schools. Being a Morgan Park grad, I hope he can connect with the top CPS players. Many of them do not get the exposure of suburban kids so a lot of diamonds in the rough.

Honestly, I don't even think it's worth recruiting Illinois anymore. Maybe just a kid or two that perform
Well during the summer camps. I like the current formula of getting lineman from wisc and minny and skill players from the south who can work on football year round w the nice weather.

CPS is all about basketball for the most part

02-10-2016 08:58 AM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-10-2016 08:58 AM)NIU32 Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 08:43 AM)klake87 Wrote:  I am hoping Melvin Rice will strengthen our recruiting with the CPS schools. Being a Morgan Park grad, I hope he can connect with the top CPS players. Many of them do not get the exposure of suburban kids so a lot of diamonds in the rough.

Honestly, I don't even think it's worth recruiting Illinois anymore. Maybe just a kid or two that perform
Well during the summer camps. I like the current formula of getting lineman from wisc and minny and skill players from the south who can work on football year round w the nice weather.

Phillips Academy had 6 players sign LOI. 4 were to D1 programs. There are a lot of talented players in CPS and most are under the radar.
02-10-2016 09:01 AM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(02-08-2016 10:53 AM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  We are slowly losing some of the recruiting hotbeds of Texas and Alabama. That is somewhat concerning. Hopefully Rice has made some connections down there over the past few years.

My hope is that he has some real good connections in Minn and the upper states. That would improve an area we have been getting some good recruits.
02-10-2016 09:01 AM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

Melvin Rice back
(02-10-2016 09:01 AM)klake87 Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 08:58 AM)NIU32 Wrote:  

Phillips Academy had 6 players sign LOI. 4 were to D1 programs. There are a lot of talented players in CPS and most are under the radar.

I'm not saying there isn't a lot of talent there, however I do think it is in the best interest for a lot of the kids in the CPS to get farther away from Chicago so they can concentrate on school and football. I know years ago when we recruited Chicago that was always a concern w some of the coaches because they stayed too close to possible bad Influences. A lot of players said that's why they would leave Chicago area as well

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2016 10:50 AM by NIU32.)
02-10-2016 09:05 AM
NIUpride Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Huskies
Melvin Rice back
Although it is not always fair to judge outcomes, coaches influence players and that Melvin Rice's path has maneuvered the pull from those so called local Chicago bad influences places him as an important role model to future Huskies.
02-11-2016 02:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.