Rebs/Gators game thread...
Bookmark and Share
WizardRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss

Because I'm bored...

Ole Miss - 10
Florida - 17 1:05 2nd

We shold be up at least 28-17. Don't y'all love our red zone offense?

WR
10-04-2003 12:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel_Rx Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

how about mcclendon....we have a guy with about 150 yards rushing in one half.......and we're behind. Gotta love that Rebel D :rolleyes:
10-04-2003 12:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dorothy Parker Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Thank God for Goldie and for Leake's overthrown passes, what with the Rebel "D" and Eli's getting called for grounding...

Wiz, are you healthy enough to watch this?
10-04-2003 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WizardRebel Offline
All American

Dorothy Parker Wrote:Wiz, are you healthy enough to watch this?
That's debatable. Should this turn truly ugly, I do have plenty of DVDs to watch. :rofllol: :rofllol:

WR
10-04-2003 12:59 PM
Dorothy Parker Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

WizardRebel Wrote:
Dorothy Parker Wrote:Wiz, are you healthy enough to watch this?
That's debatable. Should this turn truly ugly, I do have plenty of DVDs to watch. :rofllol: :rofllol:

WR
I hope you have plenty of pain-killers. 03-lol

What do you think about getting the ball back with 1:05 to go in the half and three time-outs and not even trying to get into field goal range?
10-04-2003 01:02 PM
Dorothy Parker Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

WAY TO GO, REBELS!!! Give Florida the ball back with a little under 14 minutes to go in the third quarter, but at least we've got them on their own two. (Brilliant punt.) Stop them twice and then let them make 40-something yards on a third down pass play? SOMEBODY ON THAT SIDELINE WAKE THE F--- up!!!! :bang: :mad: :cuss:

I'm going to have to start drinking. It's five o'clock somewhere.
10-04-2003 01:19 PM
Advertisement

WizardRebel Offline
All American

I'm pi$$ed that we didn't try to get into position to take a shot at the end zone. We had them pinned back at their own end zone, and gave up the big play. :bang:

BUT, we stopped 'em and forced the field goal, and Florida's kicker missed it. Still 17-10. Time to quite wasting opportunities.

WR
10-04-2003 01:22 PM
Dorothy Parker Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Don't you love being an Ole Miss fan? Just when you're celebrating that rare thing, an eight-yard gain on the ground on first down... you see the ball pop into the air, and you think, Oh, sh!t, I knew it was too good to be true. Thank you, Townsend, because that surely looked like disaster...
10-04-2003 01:24 PM
LRRebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

This is off to a typical Reb game scenario. Flashes of brilliance, Cutt not trying to score before the half (what the hell is up with that - it's a recurring deal with him? :bang: ), defense making one good play every 5-6 plays, on and on, you all know the deal...

You keep hearing about all these individual accomplishments, such as Collins' 27 game reception string, Eli's stats, etc etc. Why doesn't all this ever add up to anything besides mediocrity?? Not just this year - the last 30+... :bang:
10-04-2003 01:31 PM
WizardRebel Offline
All American

Dorothy Parker Wrote:Don't you love being an Ole Miss fan? Just when you're celebrating that rare thing, an eight-yard gain on the ground on first down... you see the ball pop into the air, and you think, Oh, sh!t, I knew it was too good to be true. Thank you, Townsend, because that surely looked like disaster...
Or how about Mike Espy with a fumble at the Florida 2. :bang: :bang: :bang:

WR
Rebel_Rx Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

dropsy is at it again............
Advertisement

LRRebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I just can't believe these guys....
10-04-2003 01:32 PM
Dorothy Parker Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Yep, that fumble by Dropsy (mind if I use that, Rx? good one) on the Florida 2 cost us three points! 03-lol
10-04-2003 01:38 PM
LRRebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Two straight trips inside the Fla redzone - 3 pts to show...

pitiful! :mad:
10-04-2003 01:44 PM
WizardRebel Offline
All American

Dorothy Parker Wrote:Yep, that fumble by Dropsy (mind if I use that, Rx? good one) on the Florida 2 cost us three points! 03-lol
03-lol 03-lol :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: 03-lol 03-lol

Yeah, and we just kicked another field goal.

17-13 Gators. Had dropsy not fumbled that ball, it could be 17-16 now. We're knocking on the door!!!! 03-lol

WR
10-04-2003 01:44 PM
LRRebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

the crazy thing is - that kid will put up big numbers in 4 years. you'll look back and see his name in the top all-time stats. just like Willie Green in the 80s - big stats, but all I remember of Green is his habit of barely missing or dropping caught balls.

We always end up with these kind of players at the skill positions....I just don't get it... the list would endless. We'll do a thread on players like that when we're bored. Like midway thru this season!
10-04-2003 01:49 PM
Advertisement

Rebel_Rx Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

of course you may Mrs. Parker........

Don't you guys know...we're not here to win. We're just trying to compete.

INT hutchins
INT hutchins
INT hutchins

sorry....caught me in the middle of my post :))
10-04-2003 01:50 PM
WizardRebel Offline
All American

Stalled...again! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Florida is letting us hang around, and we're not doing a damned thing with it. The defense is making plays to give us a chance in the second half, and the offense isn't responding. Looks like we're doing okay in two phases of the game. 03-puke

WR
10-04-2003 01:58 PM
Dorothy Parker Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Don't you love those completed passes for a gain of one, or no gain? :bang: Good Lord, who is calling these plays? Oh, never mind.

Yes, we're "competing," we're "warriors..." :rolleyes: and in a way this is worse than being blown out.
10-04-2003 02:02 PM
LRRebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Stupid holding penalty by Rebs.... :mad:
10-04-2003 02:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.