Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Feelings about NSD signings?
Bookmark and Share
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Feelings about NSD signings?
Is everyone satisfied how things went down? Disappointments. Personally, I'm pretty satisfied with the Jags signings.
02-06-2016 02:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: Feelings about NSD signings?
(02-06-2016 02:21 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  Is everyone satisfied how things went down? Disappointments. Personally, I'm pretty satisfied with the Jags signings.

National signing day is like the media day...everyone is "excited."
02-06-2016 02:24 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
I'm excited about our class. Some great men in there and I expect them to do big things. But every team is undefeated in February.
02-06-2016 04:03 PM
_x_ Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
Considering the short time Withers had to finalize our class I'm content. Maybe the biggest thing he was able to do was get two decommitted players back and signed on signing day. One of which is a RB that is one of my favorite commits on film.
02-06-2016 04:25 PM
Scrotumus Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS
I like the GS class but would have liked to have gotten Dowdell, Stewart, and Johnson.

I can understand Dowdell and Johnson going to UCF because they will play as true FR. but I'd be willing to bet anything that Stewart will never play any meaningful snaps at Clemson and it would not surprise me if he wound up in FCS as a result before it is all over.
02-06-2016 04:27 PM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
I'm happy Idaho got off the JUCO treadmill, and I'm happy we filled our obvious need by signing 5 DL and 4 LBs. As far as relative player talent, none of us here have any clue whatsoever.
02-06-2016 05:09 PM
Advertisement

CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
I loved our class, at lest the one presented we'll see how many actually make it into fall camp. It met critical needs, especially on D and O line, and D backs. Bolstered our running back and tight end position. No doubt everyone feels the same about their guys, if not Ouch.
02-06-2016 05:21 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
The last week or so was brutal with all the flips, poaching and grades. Overall best class in the schools history so can't complain. We are 80 now with five guys that do not have their ratings updated might finish mid 70's nationally that is starting to sniff legit P5 territory.
02-06-2016 05:34 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(02-06-2016 04:27 PM)Scrotumus Wrote:  I like the GS class but would have liked to have gotten Dowdell, Stewart, and Johnson.

I can understand Dowdell and Johnson going to UCF because they will play as true FR. but I'd be willing to bet anything that Stewart will never play any meaningful snaps at Clemson and it would not surprise me if he wound up in FCS as a result before it is all over.

Surely you realize your'e talking to yourself.

Anyway the one RB signed for Southern looks pretty amazing. Other standouts: The two QB's I'll give a B+. WR's as a group A++. OL B+. Defensive secondary B++. That gives an overall A to the class. I'm very please but also disappointed that we missed a couple nice ones to not so stiff competition.
02-06-2016 05:34 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(02-06-2016 05:09 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  I'm happy Idaho got off the JUCO treadmill, and I'm happy we filled our obvious need by signing 5 DL and 4 LBs. As far as relative player talent, none of us here have any clue whatsoever.

Honestly glad to hear that. The JUCO / transfer route is so unstable and I dont know of many teams that have sort of sustained success with it.
02-06-2016 05:35 PM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
(02-06-2016 05:35 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 05:09 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  I'm happy Idaho got off the JUCO treadmill, and I'm happy we filled our obvious need by signing 5 DL and 4 LBs. As far as relative player talent, none of us here have any clue whatsoever.

Honestly glad to hear that. The JUCO / transfer route is so unstable and I dont know of many teams that have sort of sustained success with it.

Agreed. I don't think Petrino would have ever gone that route in the first place if the team he inherited hadn't been so totally gutted. Honestly, JUCOs were a necessity to even field a team those first couple years.
02-06-2016 06:14 PM
Advertisement

CatMom Online
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
With the new staff has come a real understanding and use of social media that has thee fan base engaged and the players buying in. This is an example of the graphic TXST used for recruits
[Image: Cake9vcUEAAG2sU.jpg]

And I just saw this tweet:
Quote:#PartyInTheEndZone Retweeted
Jeff McDaniels ‏@coachjmcdaniels 10m10 minutes ago

Voted one of the best #nationalsigningday2016 graphics by @FootballScoop #PartyInTheEndzone @anthonycrespino nice!
Link:
Some of the top graphics / announcements from NSD16
02-06-2016 07:23 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Best feeling to describe our class is misunderstood. We signed an incredible class, probably the best in school history, but since 7 guys don't count towards rankings, it looks like we fell apart in recruiting this year.
02-07-2016 12:44 AM
lcitsh Offline
1st String

I Root For: sports
No feelings. They haven't played a down yet.
02-07-2016 02:25 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
Looks like GaSo has every indention of staying good in football, and USA is in a great location.

A-State brought in the most impact-full group of players in their school history, and will have a chance to make the most talented team in the SBC one of the very best in G5 teams in 2016.
02-07-2016 08:34 AM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
2016 could be a breakthrough year for the SBC as GS, Ark St and App return a lot of players. Plus GS and App will finally start to see the benefit of the additional 22 FBS scholarships as these players will now be Redshirt freshman and sophomores mostly.
02-07-2016 08:45 AM
Advertisement

gsubanddad@yahoo.com Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: georgia state
Happy with the class adding big lineman and speed in the other positions, WR Nobles has Penny potential,with our freshman transfer TE from UGA and DE from ODU who sat out last year,good job.Coach said they go on their eyes and gut feelings to look at talent and not ratings,how they got Penny that no one wanted.
02-07-2016 10:39 AM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
(02-07-2016 08:34 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  Looks like GaSo has every indention of staying good in football, and USA is in a great location.

A-State brought in the most impact-full group of players in their school history, and will have a chance to make the most talented team in the SBC one of the very best in G5 teams in 2016.

We're recruiting very well considering we don't have the facilities (yet) that our competition has. I think an OCS and IPF will take us to a new level.
02-07-2016 11:32 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(02-07-2016 10:39 AM)gsubanddad@yahoo.com Wrote:  Happy with the class adding big lineman and speed in the other positions, WR Nobles has Penny potential,with our freshman transfer TE from UGA and DE from ODU who sat out last year,good job.Coach said they go on their eyes and gut feelings to look at talent and not ratings,how they got Penny that no one wanted.

Looks to be the same way with Merriweather and Jackson that we signed this year. Merriweather really came out of nowhere.
02-07-2016 01:02 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(02-06-2016 07:23 PM)CatMom Wrote:  With the new staff has come a real understanding and use of social media that has thee fan base engaged and the players buying in. This is an example of the graphic TXST used for recruits
[Image: Cake9vcUEAAG2sU.jpg]

And I just saw this tweet:
Quote:#PartyInTheEndZone Retweeted
Jeff McDaniels ‏@coachjmcdaniels 10m10 minutes ago

Voted one of the best #nationalsigningday2016 graphics by @FootballScoop #PartyInTheEndzone @anthonycrespino nice!
Link:
Some of the top graphics / announcements from NSD16

You might find this article interesting, as well as something that would be interesting to pass along.

http://skullsparks.com/2016/02/what-you-...-southern/

We have struggled in the past with embracing things like this, video especially. I used to be extremely jealous of App's work with their hype videos every week while we had something that looked like it was just thrown together. We spent a lot of time during recruiting doing all these video spots with the recruits to use when we announced them. Our social media presence is amazing (official stuff, not some of our crazy fans). We're doing a lot of great things that not everyone has caught onto yet.
02-07-2016 01:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.