Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Analysis of Football Recruiting Class Offers and One Recruit in Particular
Bookmark and Share
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Analysis of Football Recruiting Class Offers and One Recruit in Particular
I am moving this from the main board to here just because I did a lot of work on this and it is being burried by the basketball discussions. Plus...I needed to do some editing to this as well.

Memphis Signing Class Offers

Here are the offers, by school, that our recruiting class received. On the JC players, I went back to see what they were offered out of high school. Both Ferguson and LaFaele (Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Texas Tech, Washington State) were BIG TIME recruits. Ferguson not only had an offer from Tennessee but also LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech and Texas. Pretty impressive. We also signed 5 players that were offered by Ole Miss and 3 had offers from Alabama and 3 from LSU. Also, we didn't hit Arizona State hard....we got 3 players that they had offered....so that school was not effected any worse than any other schools on here. Three players passed up on a chance to go to one of our Military Academies and picked Memphis instead. Just some interesting trivia that you can quote next time you are discussing Memphis football.

And...just to show how messed up the 2015 player ratings for these players are.....most have Lafaele as 3 stars and Ferguson as 2 stars (despite being ranked also, the #1 JC QB in the country in 2015).

AIR FORCE: Pickens
ALABAMA: Perry Cook Ferguson
Alcorn State: Hill
Appalachian State: Pickens
Ark State: Ferguson Augustus Tate Pickens Huff Blake
ARIZ. STATE: Augustus Tate Williams
ARMY: Woodard H Hill
AUBURN: Ferguson
BOISE STATE: Tate
Buffalo: Hill
CALIFORNIA: Tate Hart Hill
Charlotte: Moore
CINCINNATI: Lindsey
CLEMSON: Ferguson
Coastal Carolina: Hill
COLORADO: Taylor
COLORADO STATE: Moore Taylor Hill
Eastern Michigan: Moore
Florida A&M: Hill
GEORGIA: Augustus
Georgia Southern: Hill Huff
Georgia State: Moore Booker Hill
Harvard: H Hill
HOUSTON: Tate Moore
ILLINOIS: Hart Moore
INDIANA: Hart Hill
Jacksonville State: Booker Hill
KANSAS STATE: Hill
Kennesaw State: Hill
KENTUCKY: Lindsey Cook
Lamar: Fairman
Louisiana Lafayette: Augustus Taylor Hill
Louisiana Monroe: Augustus Tate Williams
Louisiana Tech: Augustus Tate Perry
LOUISVILLE: Tate Cook Ferguson
LSU: Perry Hart Ferguson
Marshall: Moore Pickens
MARYLAND: Ferguson
Massachussets: Hill
Mercer: Lindsey Booker
Miami (Ohio): Pickens
MICHIGAN: Ferguson
Middle Tennessee: Pickens Hill Blake
MINNESOTA: Lindsey Cook
MISSISSIPPI STATE: Hart Lindsey Cook
MISSOURI: Hart Gill
Murray State: Booker
NEBRASKA: Augustus Cook
Nevada: Moore Lindsey Booker Taylor
New Mexico: Dykes
Nichols State: Huff
NORTH CAROLINA: Lindsey Ferguson
North Texas: Taylor
NOTRE DAME: Ferguson
Ohio: Moore
OKLAHOMA: LaFaele
Old Dominion: Hill
OLE MISS: Tate Perry Hart LaFaele Cook
OREGON STATE: Moore
Prairie View: Hill
PURDUE: Hill
Samford: Booker
South Alabama: Tate Moore Hill Huff Cook
SOUTH CAROLINA: Hill
SE Louisiana: Augustus
SMU: Moore
Southern Miss: Moore Williams Lindsey Blake
Stephen F Austin: Moore
SYRACUSE: Moore
TEMPLE: Moore
TENNESSEE: Hart Ferguson
Tennessee State: Booker Hill
Tennesee Tech: Booker
TEXAS: Ferguson
Texas State: Taylor
Texas San Antonio: Taylor
TEXAS TECH: Lafaele
Toledo: Moore
Troy: Lindsey Booker Huff Blake
Tulane: Augustus Hill Cook
UAB: Moore Cook
UCF: Moore
USF: Ferguson Moore
UTAH : Moore
VIRGINIA TECH: Ferguson
WAKE FOREST: Moore Williams
WASHINGTON STATE: Lafaele
West. Kentucky: Augustus
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2016 11:51 AM by DallasTiger.)
02-06-2016 11:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tcountytigerfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Analysis of Football Recruiting Class Offers and One Recruit in Particular
Nice work!04-bow

So far, it seems like we have a great staff in place to take what Fuente started and now move it to an even higher level. Should be another fun year in 2016. Looking forward to the spring game.
02-06-2016 12:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-06-2016 12:45 PM)tcountytigerfan Wrote:  Nice work!04-bow

So far, it seems like we have a great staff in place to take what Fuente started and now move it to an even higher level. Should be another fun year in 2016. Looking forward to the spring game.

In looking at this....it appears we have really stepped up our recruiting and..forgetting about stars....we were recruiting at a much higher level in terms of who we were recruiting against. Lots of major college football programs were wanting the same players we signed. I can see why Norvell and the other coaches were excited about this class. Also, if you look at some of the videos....these recruits are very fast. I keep remembering what Jimmy Johnson said when he was coaching at the Univ of MIAMI....he wanted speed first and then he would teach those players the skills they needed to win.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 10:23 AM by DallasTiger.)
02-06-2016 01:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Raleigh_Tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dean, Tigers

Donators
(02-06-2016 11:11 AM)DallasTiger Wrote:  I am moving this from the main board to here just because I did a lot of work on this and it is being burried by the basketball discussions. Plus...I needed to do some editing to this as well.

Here are the offers, by school, that our recruiting class received. On the JC players, I went back to see what they were offered out of high school. Both Ferguson and LaFaele (Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Texas Tech, Washington State) were BIG TIME recruits. Ferguson not only had an offer from Tennessee but also LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech and Texas. Pretty impressive. We also signed 5 players that were offered by Ole Miss and 3 had offers from Alabama and 3 from LSU. Also, we didn't hit Arizona State hard....we got 3 players that they had offered....so that school was not effected any worse than any other schools on here. Three players passed up on a chance to go to one of our Military Academies and picked Memphis instead. Just some interesting trivia that you can quote next time you are discussing Memphis football.

And...just to show how messed up the 2015 player ratings for these players are.....most have Lafaele as 3 stars and Ferguson as 2 stars (despite being ranked also, the #1 JC QB in the country in 2015).

AIR FORCE: Pickens
ALABAMA: Perry Cook Ferguson
Alcorn State: Hill
Appalachian State: Pickens
Ark State: Ferguson Augustus Tate Pickens Huff Blake
ARIZ. STATE: Augustus Tate Williams
ARMY: Woodard H Hill
AUBURN: Ferguson
BOISE STATE: Tate
Buffalo: Hill
CALIFORNIA: Tate Hart Hill
Charlotte: Moore
CINCINNATI: Lindsey
CLEMSON: Ferguson
Coastal Carolina: Hill
COLORADO: Taylor
COLORADO STATE: Moore Taylor Hill
Eastern Michigan: Moore
Florida A&M: Hill
GEORGIA: Augustus
Georgia Southern: Hill Huff
Georgia State: Moore Booker Hill
Harvard: H Hill
HOUSTON: Tate Moore
ILLINOIS: Hart Moore
INDIANA: Hart Hill
Jacksonville State: Booker Hill
KANSAS STATE: Hill
Kennesaw State: Hill
KENTUCKY: Lindsey Cook
Lamar: Fairman
Louisiana Lafayette: Augustus Taylor Hill
Louisiana Monroe: Augustus Tate Williams
Louisiana Tech: Augustus Tate Perry
LOUISVILLE: Tate Cook Ferguson
LSU: Perry Hart Ferguson
Marshall: Moore Pickens
MARYLAND: Ferguson
Massachussets: Hill
Mercer: Lindsey Booker
Miami (Ohio): Pickens
MICHIGAN: Ferguson
Middle Tennessee: Pickens Hill Blake
MINNESOTA: Lindsey Cook
MISSISSIPPI STATE: Hart Lindsey Cook
MISSOURI: Hart Gill
Murray State: Booker
NEBRASKA: Augustus Cook
Nevada: Moore Lindsey Booker Taylor
New Mexico: Dykes
Nichols State: Huff
NORTH CAROLINA: Lindsey Ferguson
North Texas: Taylor
NOTRE DAME: Ferguson
Ohio: Moore
OKLAHOMA: LaFaele
Old Dominion: Hill
OLE MISS: Tate Perry Hart LaFaele Cook
OREGON STATE: Moore
Prairie View: Hill
PURDUE: Hill
Samford: Booker
South Alabama: Tate Moore Hill Huff Cook
SOUTH CAROLINA: Hill
SE Louisiana: Augustus
SMU: Moore
Southern Miss: Moore Williams Lindsey Blake
Stephen F Austin: Moore
SYRACUSE: Moore
TEMPLE: Moore
TENNESSEE: Hart Ferguson
Tennessee State: Booker Hill
Tennesee Tech: Booker
TEXAS: Ferguson
Texas State: Taylor
Texas San Antonio: Taylor
TEXAS TECH: Lafaele
Toledo: Moore
Troy: Lindsey Booker Huff Blake
Tulane: Augustus Hill Cook
UAB: Moore Cook
UCF: Moore
USF: Ferguson Moore
UTAH : Moore
VIRGINIA TECH: Ferguson
WAKE FOREST: Moore Williams
WASHINGTON STATE: Lafaele
West. Kentucky: Augustus

Very much appreciate this excellent analysis. Plainly shows the step up and the winning against high level teams. Did not used to happen! Thanks!
02-06-2016 06:02 PM
bluecrew Offline
1st String

I Root For: A stable conference
Awesome. Thanks for doing this.
02-06-2016 10:23 PM
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

Very Enlightening. We're not in recruiting battles with the small schools much any more. Higher quality talent, and recruiting well against higher level programs. And getting 5 from Ole Miss says good things.

Thanks for the effort involved in the OP.
02-07-2016 06:11 AM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

As an addendum, there were some recruits that had a lot of offers. So, not counting the Memphis offer, here are the recruits that got a lot of offers. Again, the Ferguson and Cook numbers are from their recruiting out of high school.

David Moore: 22
Jacoby Hill: 22
Riley Ferguson: 12
Nehemiah Augustus: 10
Jonathan Cook: 10
John Tate: 10
Jahod Booker: 9
Tim Hart: 8

Some players probably would have received more offers because it does show the names of coaches that recruited them from schools that did not make offers. That could mean that school was not interested (after assigning coaches to recruit that player) or that they felt it was not worth the effort because the player was either not interested in the school or it appeared they were going elsewhere and that school backed off and felt the effort of their recruiters was better expended on trying to sign other players. The problem with these numbers is it does not show the quality of those offers. Some were big time....like Ferguson. Others were a mix of large, medium and smaller programs. But...they are numbers just the same and good for "cocktail conversations" with SEC and other fans.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 11:22 AM by DallasTiger.)
02-07-2016 11:16 AM
Advertisement

NDTiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(02-07-2016 11:16 AM)DallasTiger Wrote:  As an addendum, there were some recruits that had a lot of offers. So, not counting the Memphis offer, here are the recruits that got a lot of offers. Again, the Ferguson and Cook numbers are from their recruiting out of high school.

David Moore: 22
Jacoby Hill: 22
Riley Ferguson: 12
Nehemiah Augustus: 10
Jonathan Cook: 10
John Tate: 10
Jahod Booker: 9
Tim Hart: 8

Some players probably would have received more offers because it does show the names of coaches that recruited them from schools that did not make offers. That could mean that school was not interested (after assigning coaches to recruit that player) or that they felt it was not worth the effort because the player was either not interested in the school or it appeared they were going elsewhere and that school backed off and felt the effort of their recruiters was better expended on trying to sign other players. The problem with these numbers is it does not show the quality of those offers. Some were big time....like Ferguson. Others were a mix of large, medium and smaller programs. But...they are numbers just the same and good for "cocktail conversations" with SEC and other fans.

Interesting data. I know the 2 JC OL were also heavily recruited. Good to see we are addressing the needs on defense, especially in secondary as well as ability to exert pressure on opposing QBs. Tate and Hill will wreck some havoc in a year or so. Our DBs seems to be tall, fast, and fluid.
02-07-2016 12:20 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
A wise old Dude once said, u can't teach speed
02-07-2016 01:30 PM
Advertisement

Nobody4Prez Offline
All American

This is one the best posts all time

I would love to see the Mods save this with a reminder to re-post at the end of this class' 2nd year on the team.

Will be so interesting to see how much impact this class' JC and HS produce in 2 full seasons
02-08-2016 12:03 AM
dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(02-08-2016 12:03 AM)Pastner4Prez Wrote:  This is one the best posts all time

I would love to see the Mods save this with a reminder to re-post at the end of this class' 2nd year on the team.

Will be so interesting to see how much impact this class' JC and HS produce in 2 full seasons

I certainly agree with that. I've always thought a recruit ranking after 2 years would be a great way to measure recruiting.
02-08-2016 09:26 AM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I went back to the 2015 class, just to see the difference between the two classes. Without getting into a lot of detail a few things were apparent.
1. The 2016 class is much deeper with heavily recruited players from major programs such as the five OM offers our recruits received.
2. Quite a few of the 2015 class were only recruited by Memphis or had just one other offer. Nothing against those players because recruiting is a science that requires in depth knowledge of players who are unknowns to other schools. Fuentes staff was good at finding those players.
3. Norvell's staff is more focused on well known players than players who are way under the radar. As previously mentioned....based on pure interest of other schools in a player....the 2016 class is more loaded with those players with hardly any "under the radar" types.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2016 11:13 AM by DallasTiger.)
02-10-2016 11:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.