Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

? for arkie st folks
Bookmark and Share
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
? for arkie st folks
What are the terms of Blakes buyout?

It must have been effective. Your doing well but you dont see his name popping up or anyone making a run at him.

I ask because we have a buyout with Hopkins of 2 mill if he leaves within 36 months of the original date of his contract.
02-02-2016 12:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: ? for arkie st folks
(02-02-2016 12:25 AM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  What are the terms of Blakes buyout?

It must have been effective. Your doing well but you dont see his name popping up or anyone making a run at him.

I ask because we have a buyout with Hopkins of 2 mill if he leaves within 36 months of the original date of his contract.

3 Million if he leaves before February 1st after his 2nd full season here, 2 million after 3 and 4 seasons, and 1 million after his 5th season. It's pretty much priced every G5 school who could pay more than us out of the bidding, but left open the potential he could go P5. when we got here, it was imperative that he stayed for a few years simply to balance out uneven recruiting from 4 years of new coaches. After next seasons class, that should be accomplished.

Based on his salary structure, if he was to leave next year, he would essentially have coached here for free. If we win another title next year, he'll get some looks.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 12:29 AM by chiefsfan.)
02-02-2016 12:29 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(02-02-2016 12:25 AM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  What are the terms of Blakes buyout?

You are catching hell on Twitter for that contract. But its the smart way these days.
02-02-2016 05:15 AM
Advertisement

kb325 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: stAte
The problem of being a revolving door for coaches I think caught up to us Anderson's first year...lots of injuries hurt us and we didn't have the backups in place to overcome...every coach recruits their needs for what they want to run. Eventually I think that leads to mediocrity or worse when your coaches are one and done. Thankfully Anderson gave us some stability which coupled by his staffs ability to recruit will pave the way (barring lots of injuries) for a few years of success at the very least. Whether his staying for a 3rd season was due to what he wanted to accomplish at stAte or it was a direct result of his 3 million dollar buy out really doesn't matter at this point...just happy for the stability and continued success.
02-02-2016 09:14 AM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

It should be noted, if I recall correctly, that Anderson's buyout was a two way street. In other words, we were as stuck with him as he was with us - the buyout goes both ways.

Is that the same for Hopson?
02-02-2016 09:22 AM
Advertisement

WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
? for arkie st folks

Pdobably the smartest thing we've ever done. Looks like we got a pretty good coach on those terms as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-02-2016 10:41 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(02-02-2016 09:22 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  It should be noted, if I recall correctly, that Anderson's buyout was a two way street. In other words, we were as stuck with him as he was with us - the buyout goes both ways.

We were stuck with him for 2 years only on our end. After year 3, I believe we can terminate for one years salary.

Southern Miss buyout on their end for Hopson is something like 750K.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 10:48 AM by chiefsfan.)
02-02-2016 10:47 AM
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

(02-02-2016 10:47 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 09:22 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  It should be noted, if I recall correctly, that Anderson's buyout was a two way street. In other words, we were as stuck with him as he was with us - the buyout goes both ways.

We were stuck with him for 2 years only on our end. After year 3, I believe we can terminate for one years salary.

Southern Miss buyout on their end for Hopson is something like 750K.

Yeah looks like stAte was obligated for:
1 - 3MM
3 - 2MM
3 - 700K
4 - 500K
5 - 300K

http://media.arkansasonline.com/news/doc...88_001.pdf
02-02-2016 11:19 AM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
As we started raising our HC salary and losing coaches, the first few basically coached for free for a year. Blake is still here partially because of the buyout and partially because he is a little different than the other 3. He was the first one since Roberts to purchase a home instead of moving into the school owned house. He made it obvious that when he got back into coaching a few years ago that he was trying to find stability for a little while and he has made his program one of the most family friendly coaching environments around. Stark contrast to Malzahn in that area.

In the time since Freeze was hired, there has been a transformation of the facilities and the commitment to athletics so it is a much more attractive job now. The budget is going to increase a lot this year again and our AD and leadership are committed to providing all the resources they can provide. The maximum COA for all athletes, study abroad, new IPF, new pressbox and suites, new video board, etc. have all come within the last few years. We will likely add another sport soon as well.

You have to accept that your coach will get attractive offers if he is successful and find a way to protect your program when it happens.
02-02-2016 11:31 AM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
These people giving SOUTHERN MISS grief over his contract buyout on twitter are very misled.They are either ignorant of the realities these days or are P5 fans w/o a clue.

IMHO the ARKANSAS ST. model is the best and ONLY way to go.
02-02-2016 02:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.