Open TigerLinks

CA Jason Smith's updates on Burrell and Broddie
Bookmark and Share
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
CA Jason Smith's updates on Burrell and Broddie
http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/t...67511.html

"No word from University of Memphis basketball coach Josh Pastner on whether there will be any more discipline for senior wing Trahson Burrell with the Tigers facing a pair of pivotal home games this week against Connecticut and Cincinnati...

AND

"...Speaking of internal matters, that's how Pastner is continuing to classify the situation with freshman guard Randall Broddie, who hasn't practiced or played with the team all season, yet remains on the roster and enrolled at Memphis..."
02-01-2016 05:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigersroll Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: CA Jason Smith's updates on Burrell and Broddie
go ahead and add Broddie to the transfer list. He will not recover from this is CJP remains in place.
02-01-2016 05:21 PM
80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

Is Kedren still on the team ?
02-01-2016 05:22 PM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
Outer space!
02-01-2016 05:25 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
Why extra discipline for Trahson? Isn't that matter closed and haven't we moved on?

Gotta move on from little stuff.
02-01-2016 05:27 PM
MindfulTiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Mindfulness
Josh is expressing his utmost concern for the future well-being of these guys by disciplining them for their actions. He knows the media is full of naysayers so he is choosing to keep it internal. We as fans should respect that.
02-01-2016 05:32 PM
Advertisement

Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
every year the university should make pastner and his current team go thru a management styles class

i know josh would be a driver-driver because he does not listen to anyone

but he needs to learn how to deal with the different personalities and get ahead of the curve

(its a real pain in the ass to work for a driver-driver)
02-01-2016 05:33 PM
Hoots Offline
1st String

Does anyone know if what transpired with TB was "little stuff"? I love that kid as a player, but we can't have a ticking time bomb going off every night.
02-01-2016 05:34 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2016 05:32 PM)MindfulTiger Wrote:  Josh is expressing his utmost concern for the future well-being of these guys by disciplining them for their actions. He knows the media is full of naysayers so he is choosing to keep it internal. We as fans should respect that.

Did Burrell really call JP a 'fake"?
02-01-2016 05:35 PM
MindfulTiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Mindfulness
(02-01-2016 05:33 PM)Unionman76 Wrote:  every year the university should make pastner and his current team go thru a management styles class

but he needs to learn how to deal with the different personalities and get ahead of the curve

Oh trust me, Josh listens to plenty of important people, he just doesn't listen to the Negative Nellies of the local media or message boards.
02-01-2016 05:36 PM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2016 05:27 PM)Sundanceuiuc Wrote:  Why extra discipline for Trahson? Isn't that matter closed and haven't we moved on?

Maybe Josh is going mad and acting like Captain Queeg--"who ate my strawberries?"
02-01-2016 05:37 PM
Advertisement

MTigerBlue Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2016 05:15 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/t...67511.html

"No word from University of Memphis basketball coach Josh Pastner on whether there will be any more discipline for senior wing Trahson Burrell with the Tigers facing a pair of pivotal home games this week against Connecticut and Cincinnati...

AND

"...Speaking of internal matters, that's how Pastner is continuing to classify the situation with freshman guard Randall Broddie, who hasn't practiced or played with the team all season, yet remains on the roster and enrolled at Memphis..."

Hey, Calipari recruits ‘em and then runs ‘em off, too, even though he usually does it because he has someone better coming in to take their scholarship. But that's what makes him the slimeball that he is -- that and altering those LOI’s so he could keep all the kids Memphis paid him to recruit for us when he left.

And how many did he actually get to keep, the slimeball? Xavier went to Kansas, the other guard went somewhere else, Coleman stayed, Wall was uncommitted at the time -- so, Boogie and one juco kid? Two if you’re counting “flat out stole” or four if you’re counting “escape claused” out? Wow! And Josh has burned how many kids Memphis paid him to recruit, so far? Kind of puts things in a different perspective.
02-01-2016 05:55 PM
Seller545 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis!
There is more to the Broddie story. He is also receiving his cost of attendance stipend but refusing to practice....
02-01-2016 06:12 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Wasn't there some Dude named cousins who went with Cal
02-01-2016 06:15 PM
Atlanta Online
Hall of Famer

(02-01-2016 06:12 PM)Seller545 Wrote:  There is more to the Broddie story. He is also receiving his cost of attendance stipend but refusing to practice....

I'd guess Broddie wanted a transfer early on due to some altercation. JP reacted by saying no & won't give Broddie a release, so he's getting class time this year on scholarship & his scholarship won't be renewed next year so he'll go elsewhere.
02-01-2016 06:25 PM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
I wonder how we'd be doing if he was playing:

Houston, We Have a Point Guard
02-01-2016 06:31 PM
Advertisement

BealeStreetTiger Offline
Banned

(02-01-2016 05:37 PM)cotton1991 Wrote:  
(02-01-2016 05:27 PM)Sundanceuiuc Wrote:  Why extra discipline for Trahson? Isn't that matter closed and haven't we moved on?

Maybe Josh is going mad and acting like Captain Queeg--"who ate my strawberries?"

[Image: the-caine-mutiny.png?w=590&h=317]

"Deer in the Headlights"
02-01-2016 06:45 PM
Seller545 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis!
(02-01-2016 06:25 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(02-01-2016 06:12 PM)Seller545 Wrote:  There is more to the Broddie story. He is also receiving his cost of attendance stipend but refusing to practice....

I'd guess Broddie wanted a transfer early on due to some altercation. JP reacted by saying no & won't give Broddie a release, so he's getting class time this year on scholarship & his scholarship won't be renewed next year so he'll go elsewhere.

JP wanted to redshirt him after "promising" that wasn't an option on the front end. Broddie told him where he could go and is collecting his money and will be able to play next year. There is more to it that I'm sure will come out after the season.
02-01-2016 06:46 PM
450bench Online

(02-01-2016 05:36 PM)MindfulTiger Wrote:  
(02-01-2016 05:33 PM)Unionman76 Wrote:  every year the university should make pastner and his current team go thru a management styles class

Oh trust me, Josh listens to plenty of important people, he just doesn't listen to the Negative Nellies of the local media or message boards.

Signed, Josh's mom.
02-01-2016 07:10 PM
minuteman-tiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(02-01-2016 06:15 PM)memphisike Wrote:  Wasn't there some Dude named cousins who went with Cal

Complaining about losing Cousins is a TOTAL JOKE.

During his recruitment, Cousins made it perfectly clear that he was committing to a COACH and NOT a SCHOOL.

He was originally commited to UAB(at least verbally, not sure about a LOI), but he wanted an out that if the coach Davis left, he would get a release. UAB refused and he was in play. The sad part for UAB is that Davis stayed at UAB, so agreeing to the release was really nothing, but UAB wanted to play hardball and their pride(it's all about the school.....sound familiar) cost them a really good player.....although a bit of a head case.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/...lk_ab.html

I did a cut and paste on the link, I hope it works.

Cousins is a difficult personality, and I can't even imagine Pastner trying to control him. It may be better that he did not come to Memphis.

Bottom line......This is all ancient history and has very very little, if anything to do with the quality of the team on the floor this year or the status of the program.

Memphis will get back to the top of the national picture.

I'd say the odds of Pastner getting back there is low, but if he doesn't get it done, a future coach will.
02-01-2016 10:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.