Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dan Majerle: Coaching candidate at ECU, Tulane, Memphis, UCF??
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Dan Majerle: Coaching candidate at ECU, Tulane, Memphis, UCF??
Dan Majerle has done a hell of a job at Grand Canyon... Currently 19-2..
It would be a shame to let a coaching talent, with the NBA pedigree of a Majerle, go too long on the vine without snatching him up.
His youth and expertise would be a phenomenal addition to the conference.
There is no good reason to employ a Lebo or Pastner, when there are guys like this out there.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2016 10:48 AM by BigEastHomer.)
01-29-2016 10:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
RE: Dan Majerle: Coaching candidate at ECU, Tulane, Memphis, UCF??
01-29-2016 10:56 AM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
Not sure why you keep trying to convince the fans. None of us make those decisions.
01-29-2016 07:16 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
Tulane AD Troy Dannen needs to fire its head men's basketball coach Ed Conroy today. He has a terrible record in the AAC,cannot coach or recruit.
01-29-2016 09:37 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(01-29-2016 07:16 PM)apex_pirate Wrote:  Not sure why you keep trying to convince the fans. None of us make those decisions.

The same could be said for most threads on the board.

When an ECU fan talks about having no tradition being a roadblock to being good, it's interesting when you see another coach, like Majerle, tear it up at a another program with no tradition.
01-30-2016 03:08 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
No way we could afford him with Lebo signed through 2021, but under different circumstances he'd be a great hire.
01-30-2016 09:45 AM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(01-30-2016 09:45 AM)Chappy Wrote:  No way we could afford him with Lebo signed through 2021, but under different circumstances he'd be a great hire.

Leo should have you in the tournament by then.
01-30-2016 10:46 AM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(01-30-2016 03:08 AM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  
(01-29-2016 07:16 PM)apex_pirate Wrote:  Not sure why you keep trying to convince the fans. None of us make those decisions.

The same could be said for most threads on the board.

When an ECU fan talks about having no tradition being a roadblock to being good, it's interesting when you see another coach, like Majerle, tear it up at a another program with no tradition.

All you need to play basketball at Grand Canyon is an 820 2 part Sat and a 2.0 GPA. He can take almost anybody
01-30-2016 03:13 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
(01-29-2016 10:46 AM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Dan Majerle has done a hell of a job at Grand Canyon... Currently 19-2..
It would be a shame to let a coaching talent, with the NBA pedigree of a Majerle, go too long on the vine without snatching him up.
His youth and expertise would be a phenomenal addition to the conference.
There is no good reason to employ a Lebo or Pastner, when there are guys like this out there.

Dan Marerle just turned 50. He's in his prime if anything.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 05:05 PM by C2__.)
02-01-2016 05:24 AM
rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa Univ
Majerle brought his GC team to the Reynolds Center at TU back when Danny Manning was coaching us and they were very sound and were in the game until midway the second half. Well coached imo.

Both Danny's were good friends from their NBA days.
02-01-2016 04:31 PM
nepats288 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tulsa
Rabid,

Grand Canyon was ahead in that game until less than 10 seconds left if I remember correctly.
02-01-2016 04:37 PM
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

Google says Tulsa was down until some free throws at the last second. Grand Canyon showed showed some promise back then, let alone now.
02-01-2016 05:14 PM
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
He took a D2 roster and in year 3 has a legitimate shot at the NCAA Tournament. If he makes the NCAA this season there will be a lot of high mid-major and lower level major programs taking a hard look at him.

Another guy i would keep an eye on, especially if ECU hangs onto Lebo for another season or two is Mark Price at UNC Charlotte. It's his first year as a head coach so it will be interesting to see if he can turn Charlotte around in a season or 2. He has a lot of Carolina area ties being a former Bobcat assistant, he is 3 - 9 OOC on an OOC strength of schedule of 104. He scheduled a tournament with Syracuse, Michigan and Washington, and also played Davidson, Miami and Georgetown so hes not shy about scheduling tough. If he shows a little traction at UNCC he may be a perfect fit to rebuild ECU.
02-01-2016 05:44 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

No offense ECU fans but why would Price leave Charlotte for ECU? That's a lateral move at best. It'd be like a coach leaving Rhode Island or Duquesne for Houston.
02-01-2016 06:43 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-01-2016 06:43 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  No offense ECU fans but why would Price leave Charlotte for ECU? That's a lateral move at best. It'd be like a coach leaving Rhode Island or Duquesne for Houston.

Ignorant comment.
Not even close to a lateral move between ECU and Charlotte. UNCC has ZERO brand names coming to their gym on a regular basis. They have ZERO television exposure.
Why does Houston need a Rhode Island or Duquesne coach when they have Kelvin Sampson?? Sampson wouldn't leave Houston to go there, faux Houston fan.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2016 06:53 PM by BigEastHomer.)
02-01-2016 06:47 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

Charlotte has been to a Final Four in their history, that's game, set and match right there but let's forget about that for a moment, guy who negative rep'd me for supposedly a lack of knowledge on this subject and that post. That achievement is ancient history now.

Charlotte also has been to the NCAA Tournament numerous times over the last 20 years and with a single-digit seed more than once. That they haven't been to one in a decade is a major disappointment and shock based on the fact they were an upper echelon team that routinely finished toward the top of C-USA, won the conference tournament and beat good teams.

Compare any of that to anything ECU has ever done. Ever. Now add in that, roughly, Charlotte and ECU have been in similar conferences for the last 25 years at least (Charlotte used to be in a better one, now ECU is). If anything, I'm being very polite by saying ECU-Charlotte is on the same level. And for the sake of the AAC, I want ECU to be better but since you called me out and negative rep'd me for lack of knowledge, I had to take you behind the woodshed with the facts and the facts alone.

And if you hadn't noticed, Houston basketball has an illustrious history that every college basketball fan knows but is not exactly held in a higher esteem than URI now days. Other than history that happened before many people were born/paying attention, the average fan has a hard time distinguishing between Duquesne and URI right now. Reality and getting checked by it sucks, doesn't it?
02-01-2016 07:19 PM
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-01-2016 07:19 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  Charlotte has been to a Final Four in their history, that's game, set and match right there but let's forget about that for a moment, guy who negative rep'd me for supposedly a lack of knowledge on this subject and that post. That achievement is ancient history now.

Charlotte also has been to the NCAA Tournament numerous times over the last 20 years and with a single-digit seed more than once. That they haven't been to one in a decade is a major disappointment and shock based on the fact they were an upper echelon team that routinely finished toward the top of C-USA, won the conference tournament and beat good teams.

Compare any of that to anything ECU has ever done. Ever. Now add in that, roughly, Charlotte and ECU have been in similar conferences for the last 25 years at least (Charlotte used to be in a better one, now ECU is). If anything, I'm being very polite by saying ECU-Charlotte is on the same level. And for the sake of the AAC, I want ECU to be better but since you called me out and negative rep'd me for lack of knowledge, I had to take you behind the woodshed with the facts and the facts alone.

And if you hadn't noticed, Houston basketball has an illustrious history that every college basketball fan knows but is not exactly held in a higher esteem than URI now days. Other than history that happened before many people were born/paying attention, the average fan has a hard time distinguishing between Duquesne and URI right now. Reality and getting checked by it sucks, doesn't it?

All of what you just posted is irrelevant.

Charlotte's history/inventory is buried on ASN in CUSA. Game over.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2016 07:40 PM by BigEastHomer.)
02-01-2016 07:38 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

You didn't try to refute it and just made a quick "uhh, I win the argument" post. That was a large post, so I'll summarize it in short:

-Charlotte: 10 NCAA Tournament appearances, 7 NCAA's in the last 20 years, 1 Final Four appearance all-time. In modern history, generally in a conference with multiple at-large bids. C-USA is below average but Charlotte is not Rice or UNT and more like UAB or ODU.

-ECU: 2 conference tournament bracket busting appearances in the NCAA's and a CIT title. Formerly in a 1-bid CAA and has been in C-USA/AAC, which could both produce at-larges but is usually a doormat, even in the CAA.
02-01-2016 08:11 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I say again, I like ECU more and know their potential (both for the AAC and themselves) and they've played spoiler well in the past, such as beating a ranked Dwayne Wade-led Marquette squad around the turn of the century but stick to the facts or bitterly get taken behind the woodshed when you're proven wrong.
02-01-2016 08:11 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

We could probably triple his salary at UNCC. Done.

Not that I'd want him, his resume is pretty much the same as Lebos
02-01-2016 09:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.