Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Trayson Burrell disappoints me
Bookmark and Share
HungryTiger901 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
Trayson Burrell disappoints me
Not the kind of behavior one would expect from a Senior. I'm thinking he prolly won't start again. Can't just play offense. Gotta play defense too. And protect the basketball.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/t...r&d=mobile
01-27-2016 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
RE: Trayson Burrell disappoints me
Seriously you have no clue
01-27-2016 02:38 PM
HungryTiger901 Offline
Banned

(01-27-2016 02:38 PM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  Seriously you have no clue

"I support the name in the front of the jersey not the one on the back"
01-27-2016 02:40 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(01-27-2016 02:40 PM)HungryTiger901 Wrote:  
(01-27-2016 02:38 PM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  Seriously you have no clue

"I support the name in the front of the jersey not the one on the back"

I guess you missed his performance the last several games? Two near triple doubles

He ain't the problem.

Stick to your Fuente rants
01-27-2016 02:42 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
It's a symptom of frustration over his career here and the season I'd assume. Young men pout at times and it's not a good look, but in the context of his contributions and general quality, you tell him it's poor behavior and not to occur again and then move on.

Not great, but not a huge deal.
01-27-2016 02:44 PM
bigbluedrew Offline
All American

I Root For: Coach Norvell
He had an off night it happens
01-27-2016 02:45 PM
Advertisement

MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
Perhaps Trahson knows how this story ends, which is why he's so torn up about it.

He gets in the coach's doghouse, and that's it.
01-27-2016 02:45 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

At least get the spelling of his name correct

Smh
01-27-2016 02:46 PM
RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

Immaturity eventually fades for most people...he'll be fine.
01-27-2016 02:47 PM
HungryTiger901 Offline
Banned

(01-27-2016 02:46 PM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  At least get the spelling of his name correct

Smh

Just a minor oversight. Those trivial things are now acceptable in Tiger Athletics.
01-27-2016 02:49 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(01-27-2016 02:49 PM)HungryTiger901 Wrote:  
(01-27-2016 02:46 PM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  At least get the spelling of his name correct

Smh

Just a minor oversight. Those trivial things are now acceptable in Tiger Athletics.

We care more about color shades and humming Dixie now
01-27-2016 02:50 PM
Advertisement

RekeHavoc Offline
#DoIt4Dez

He got yanked late because he made a pass to Dedric (I believe) who was open and was expected to make a baseline cut, but didn't. It wasn't a bad pass, per se. Dedric had the open cut and should have taken it. TB walked to the bench with his head down. I'm sure it's incredibly frustrating to not only have a bad game, but to get yanked for every little mistake, all while certain others are allowed to play through their mistakes.
01-27-2016 02:51 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(01-27-2016 02:51 PM)RekeHavoc Wrote:  He got yanked late because he made a pass to Dedric (I believe) who was open and was expected to make a baseline cut, but didn't. It wasn't a bad pass, per se. Dedric had the open cut and should have taken it. TB walked to the bench with his head down. I'm sure it's incredibly frustrating to not only have a bad game, but to get yanked for every little mistake, all while certain others are allowed to play through their mistakes.

It took Josh over a year to get over him taking up for Iverson. I guess after that he didn't feel like taking up for anymore teammates.
01-27-2016 02:54 PM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

If I wasn't here, I wouldn't believe it.
01-27-2016 03:00 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-27-2016 02:51 PM)RekeHavoc Wrote:  He got yanked late because he made a pass to Dedric (I believe) who was open and was expected to make a baseline cut, but didn't. It wasn't a bad pass, per se. Dedric had the open cut and should have taken it. TB walked to the bench with his head down. I'm sure it's incredibly frustrating to not only have a bad game, but to get yanked for every little mistake, all while certain others are allowed to play through their mistakes.

Yep. That was a scoring play but DL messed it up. Like blaming the QB when he throws to a spot and the receiver goes to the other spot.
01-27-2016 03:25 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

He got yanked for a turnover late - tried to hit Dedric on a baseline cut, but he never cut. Great idea, right play - it was wide open. That was 100% Dedric's fault and Josh yanked Burrell. Keep in mind, the game was in hand - he was yanked to prove a point. While I do agree Burrell needs to grow up, I totally understand his frustration...especially after a bad performance. Getting benched late when the game is basically won is punsihment & in this case it wasn't his fault...
01-27-2016 03:29 PM
Advertisement

HungryTiger901 Offline
Banned

So, let me get this straight. If what you say is true, it justifies him pouting by himself on the bench instead of joining his teammates in the huddle?

Now that is some shiat I'm used to seeing at 14 and Under AAU tournaments. Only thing missing would be a parent or guardian raising hell with the coach while he's trying to give instructions to the rest of the team.
01-27-2016 03:33 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I wasn't able to watch the game last night, don't have CBSSp and still sick, so not doing the sports bar thing, but if it was a turnover where a cut should have been made, but wasn't, that is a turnover that isn't an 'at-fault' turnover.

Some turnovers are aggression, good, or 'cost of doing business' turnovers. On those turnovers, usually the players BOTH claim fault, say next time, and get back on D. A couple of those failed plays are a necessary evolution in two players gaining confidence in what is expected and to improve their communication.

Not all turnovers are equal, ones that are good in process are simply something that happens in basketball.

If this was the reason, then it sounds like no one should have been benched for this....
01-27-2016 03:35 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

(01-27-2016 03:33 PM)HungryTiger901 Wrote:  So, let me get this straight. If what you say is true, it justifies him pouting by himself on the bench instead of joining his teammates in the huddle?

Now that is some shiat I'm used to seeing at 14 and Under AAU tournaments. Only thing missing would be a parent or guardian raising hell with the coach while he's trying to give instructions to the rest of the team.

If he pouted off to himself and didn't support his team, that is not good behavior and he should be called out on it.

But it's matters of degree. You sit him down, say:

"What's up, you know that's not cool. Ok, won't happen again? Excellent, we're good. Punishment? Nah, things happen and you're part of team. Apologize to your teammates and it's over, now go practice with your team, you're still starting."

It's a deal, but a minor one, not a big one.

Life ain't binary.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2016 03:38 PM by Sundanceuiuc.)
01-27-2016 03:38 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(01-27-2016 03:25 PM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  

Yep. That was a scoring play but DL messed it up. Like blaming the QB when he throws to a spot and the receiver goes to the other spot.

It was a high risk pass at a time when we were up 9 with a couple of minutes to go and plenty of shot clock left. It was a highly negative EV pass that just wasnt needed at the moment. Dude's been balling lately though.
01-27-2016 03:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.