Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So What Road Trips For You?
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
So What Road Trips For You?
Personally the schedule didn't breakout nicely for me...so it looks like only two road trips.

UConn
Wake Forest

UConn fans are a mixed bag...some real tools who do classy things like spray beer at you in your seats and hurl insults...a few are decent enough. Overall, not very welcoming to visiting fans but it is a close enough game from my NY house. On the plus side the private Aero Club lot is perfect to set up a group tailgate. I plan to host 125.

Wake Forest is the easiest road trip out there. The Wake Fans are laid back and will talk to you. The worst I experienced was some drunk old lady calling us Yankees and said we shouldn't have joined her ACC. Tailgating is kinda subdued but setting up and parking close on game day is super easy. Hotels are reasonable but easier to fly into RDU or CLT for better airfares. I plan to host 125.
01-27-2016 09:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

uofl05 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
RE: So What Road Trips For You?
I am planning on Clemson for sure and will maybe try to hit Marshall as well. Easy trip there and inexpensive.
01-27-2016 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
I'm going to try to go to Dublin for GT-BC. Last season took a lot of shine off the whole affair though.
01-27-2016 10:07 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(01-27-2016 10:07 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  I'm going to try to go to Dublin for GT-BC. Last season took a lot of shine off the whole affair though.

Terry is a dual citizen...I bet he could help your planning...
01-27-2016 10:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
I'm in talks with my accountant* about going to the Tennessee game in Bristol.

* my wife.
01-27-2016 10:17 AM
Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies
We have tickets to the VT/Tennessee game in Bristol, thanks to our friend who takes us to the Bristol Night Race. Definitely looking forward to that craziness!
01-27-2016 11:59 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(01-27-2016 10:09 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(01-27-2016 10:07 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  I'm going to try to go to Dublin for GT-BC. Last season took a lot of shine off the whole affair though.

Terry is a dual citizen...I bet he could help your planning...

I am heading there for ten days in March.
01-27-2016 02:50 PM
Advertisement

WNCOrange Offline
Special Teams

Doing at least one of Wake and Clemson. Maybe both.
02-01-2016 10:05 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Maybe Georgia Tech. If not other than maybe the South Carolina game next year I don't have any plans for a road trip until the 2018 trip to College Station. Until then our schedule is either places I have already been or places I have absolutely no desire to go to.
02-01-2016 10:11 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
I'm Working on Going to the Syracuse game in September and getting family members from an 80 mile radius of there to also show up. Hopefully other Cardinal fans also go. Syracuse is a good place to visit. September still has great weather , winery's , Restaurants and DestiNY for an incredible shopping experence near by the Dome.
02-01-2016 10:45 AM
Advertisement

Yosemite Panther Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pitt
Went to the Pitt game at SU last year and they were some of the most hospitable fans I've run across after having seen the Panthers play in many places over the last 40 years. Surprising enough after 70+ games between the 2 teams, that was my first trip to Syracuse.

This year I plan to go to the Pitt game in Miami, haven't traveled to see the Panthers in FLA since the 2010 game at USF'
02-02-2016 08:07 PM
MegaCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Marshall
02-02-2016 09:15 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(02-02-2016 08:07 PM)Yosemite Panther Wrote:  Went to the Pitt game at SU last year and they were some of the most hospitable fans I've run across after having seen the Panthers play in many places over the last 40 years. Surprising enough after 70+ games between the 2 teams, that was my first trip to Syracuse.

This year I plan to go to the Pitt game in Miami, haven't traveled to see the Panthers in FLA since the 2010 game at USF'

Glad you had a good time in Cuse...don't tell that to our detractors as it ruins their talking points.. 03-lmfao
02-03-2016 09:05 AM
Advertisement

Yosemite Panther Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pitt
(02-03-2016 09:05 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 08:07 PM)Yosemite Panther Wrote:  Went to the Pitt game at SU last year and they were some of the most hospitable fans I've run across after having seen the Panthers play in many places over the last 40 years. Surprising enough after 70+ games between the 2 teams, that was my first trip to Syracuse.

Glad you had a good time in Cuse...don't tell that to our detractors as it ruins their talking points.. 03-lmfao

Seriously, the SU fans were very gracious, hospitable, and friendly to us, even during the long downhill walk after the game that we won at the buzzer. Many thanked us for coming, asked if we needed any help or directions. I'd definitely consider a trip back in the future. I won't mention some of the absolutely horrible treatment we've received at other Pitt road games.
02-03-2016 11:35 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(01-27-2016 10:17 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I'm in talks with my accountant* about going to the Tennessee game in Bristol.

* my wife.

I'm going to the Bristol game. It'll be apart of the 23 straight days I'll be in Southwest Virginia for the 3 home games and the Bristol game.

Sat. 9/3 Liberty
Sat. 9/10 Tennessee @ Bristol, TN The Battle at Bristol
Sat. 9/17 Boston College
Sat. 9/24 East Carolina
02-03-2016 11:52 PM
HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
I'm going to Clemson and UVA!! Both are great locations and some of the most friendliest people, also should be Great games with Dado and now Bronco!!!!!!!04-cheers
FLossY Out...04-wine
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 02:37 PM by HRFlossY.)
02-04-2016 02:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.