Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

In my humble personal opinion Ed Conroy will not be basketball coach at Tulane
Savacool Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
He needs o be fired or contract not renewed at the end of this season. At Tulane we need to go to the NCAA tournament and advance every year and into the Top 25 every year. Who would you suggest to be our next coach. We need a head coach who will not use Tulane as a stepping stone.
01-27-2016 02:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: In my humble personal opinion Ed Conroy will not be basketball coach at Tulane
Considering what you expect,,,, God.
01-27-2016 08:56 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
RE: In my humble personal opinion Ed Conroy will not be basketball coach at Tulane
(01-27-2016 02:12 AM)Savacool Wrote:  In my humble personal opinion Ed Conroy will not be basketball coach at Tulane

He needs o be fired or contract not renewed at the end of this season. At Tulane we need to go to the NCAA tournament and advance every year and into the Top 25 every year. Who would you suggest to be our next coach. We need a head coach who will not use Tulane as a stepping stone.

Informative post...as I just learned the name of Tulane's basketball coach.

Thanks.
01-27-2016 09:19 AM
TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU TOPS
(01-27-2016 02:12 AM)Savacool Wrote:  He needs o be fired or contract not renewed at the end of this season. At Tulane we need to go to the NCAA tournament and advance every year and into the Top 25 every year. Who would you suggest to be our next coach. We need a head coach who will not use Tulane as a stepping stone.

When has Tulane ever been to the NCAA tournament/ Top 25 every year? I'm not sure of many coaches who have used Tulane as a stepping stone to anything other than a short career in broadcasting.
01-27-2016 11:19 AM
Advertisement

DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(01-27-2016 02:12 AM)Savacool Wrote:  He needs o be fired or contract not renewed at the end of this season. At Tulane we need to go to the NCAA tournament and advance every year and into the Top 25 every year. Who would you suggest to be our next coach. We need a head coach who will not use Tulane as a stepping stone.

You're in the AAC, so unless we get better representation on the Committee, getting to the tourney every year is a pipe dream. If you need proof look at UCONN. Won the Natty 2 years ago, went to the NIT last year.

Top 25 every year? See my point above. It's not a guarantee, and you need to look at UCONN for proof.

Unless Tulane starts winning Nattys on the regular, your school will be considered a stepping stone. It's dang near impossible to prevent, so why try?
01-27-2016 01:27 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Sounds like you want Tulane to hire Mike Krzyajerfkejalkaklfalskski
01-27-2016 01:31 PM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Josh Pastner. 4 Ncaa appearances in 6 seasons. Perfect APR. Graduates players in 3 years. A great ambassador for the program off the court.
01-27-2016 02:07 PM
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple

Unless your money donors are ready to pony up $5M a year for a coach, your expectations are absurd. Even with a $5M a year coach, your expectations are probably absurd.
01-27-2016 02:43 PM
DownEastPirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
(01-27-2016 01:27 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

You're in the AAC, so unless we get better representation on the Committee, getting to the tourney every year is a pipe dream. If you need proof look at UCONN. Won the Natty 2 years ago, went to the NIT last year.

Top 25 every year? See my point above. It's not a guarantee, and you need to look at UCONN for proof.

Unless Tulane starts winning Nattys on the regular, your school will be considered a stepping stone. It's dang near impossible to prevent, so why try?

Not sure what having won the NC the year before last has to do with you getting into the tourney last year. Maybe if you did better than going 1-5 against RPI teams ranked 51-100 you would've gone. Tired of UCONN fans acting like the AAC is holding them back in bball, you were 82nd in RPI last year. If you did what you needed to do, like SMU and Cinci you would've gone.

Temple and Tulsa got snubbed last year but certainly not UCONN, you were not deserving of a bid.
01-27-2016 02:45 PM
CalallenStang Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: SMU Mustangs

Bob Knight?
01-27-2016 02:49 PM
Advertisement

vcoog Offline
All American

I Root For: UH

Exactly! Tulane is the premier University in the League and doesn't deserve a coach who is using Tulane as a stepping stone job (while Tulane uses the scummy AAC as a stepping stone for a conference fit for Tulanes prestige). Tulane won the SEC, in case anyone has forgotten.
01-27-2016 03:24 PM
pablowow Offline
1st String

I Root For: TULANE/AAC
(01-27-2016 03:24 PM)vcoog Wrote:  

Exactly! Tulane is the premier University in the League and doesn't deserve a coach who is using Tulane as a stepping stone job (while Tulane uses the scummy AAC as a stepping stone for a conference fit for Tulanes prestige). Tulane won the SEC, in case anyone has forgotten.

correct. well said
01-27-2016 03:58 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(01-27-2016 02:45 PM)DownEastPirate Wrote:  
(01-27-2016 01:27 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

Not sure what having won the NC the year before last has to do with you getting into the tourney last year. Maybe if you did better than going 1-5 against RPI teams ranked 51-100 you would've gone. Tired of UCONN fans acting like the AAC is holding them back in bball, you were 82nd in RPI last year. If you did what you needed to do, like SMU and Cinci you would've gone.

Temple and Tulsa got snubbed last year but certainly not UCONN, you were not deserving of a bid.

I was using UCONN as an example that making the tourney every year is hard. Real hard if you happen to be a school like Tulane.
01-27-2016 04:10 PM
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
fire him soon.. like right after the 2nd UCF game.
01-31-2016 09:42 AM
dfwtxtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Pastner to Tulane!
01-31-2016 05:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.