Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RIP Glenn Frey
Bookmark and Share
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
RIP Glenn Frey
Wow. Just saw this on the news.

I think he was a darn good songwriter and made a great team with Don Henley.

It took me a along time to go see the Eagles in concert but we went last year when they were in Columbus. I'm glad we went.

“It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016,” the band said in a statement. “Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia. The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery. Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/glen...li=BBnbfcL

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2016 06:57 PM by bearcatfan.)
01-18-2016 06:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
RE: RIP Glenn Frey
Damn! Damn! Damn!

I loved the Eagles.

01-18-2016 08:11 PM
OneUChoopsfan Away
I'm Black & White

I Root For: U. C. I LOVE

Donators
Sorry to see him go.

Eagles were one of the best 70's groups.

01-18-2016 10:51 PM
Not Duane Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
He was only 68....this is getting scary...the bands I grew up listening to are dying...literally dying. Which means their fans aren't far behind.

Better get your business taken care of before your appointment with the Big Kahuna or you'll have some 'splaining to do.

01-19-2016 06:50 AM
Advertisement

Cat_Litter Offline
1st String

Donators
Also, Dale Griffin of Mott the Hoople. Not a good week for aging Rock stars. I'm glad I got to see the Stones this summer and I also have Who tickets next month. Gotta do it while I still can.

01-19-2016 08:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
The day before Glenn Frey passed away, Mic Gillette died at the age of 65. One of the all time great trumpet players. He played for a long time with Tower of Power. The opening of "You're Still a Young Man" where Mic played trumpet along with Greg Adams can bring a tear to your eye.

01-19-2016 09:11 AM
Not Duane Offline
Special Teams

(01-18-2016 06:53 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  Wow. Just saw this on the news.

It took me a along time to go see the Eagles in concert but we went last year when they were in Columbus. I'm glad we went.

“It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016,” the band said in a statement. “Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia. The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery. Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide.”

Saw them on the Long Run tour....very special. A special tip of the hat to Joe Walsh for that performance--one of the most under-appreciated rock guitarists of all time.

01-20-2016 08:07 AM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
(01-20-2016 08:07 AM)Not Duane Wrote:  
(01-18-2016 06:53 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  Wow. Just saw this on the news.

Saw them on the Long Run tour....very special. A special tip of the hat to Joe Walsh for that performance--one of the most under-appreciated rock guitarists of all time.

Joe Walsh did a song with the Eagles called "In the city". Great song and performance.

01-20-2016 11:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.