RE: Nothing new for Lionel
Don't tell Ron Tillery
01-15-2016 03:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Not surprising. Lionel hasn't changed one bit. He's essentially a "Bill Belichik" personality with less of a game plan and less control. His style of play doesn't work in the NBA.

That being said, the Nets owe him a boatload still. I'm sure he isn't fretting too much
01-16-2016 06:59 AM
Advertisement

Dynamos Offline
Heisman

I Root For: 3 Day Weekends
(01-16-2016 06:59 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  Not surprising. Lionel hasn't changed one bit. He's essentially a "Bill Belichik" personality with less of a game plan and less control. His style of play doesn't work in the NBA.

That being said, the Nets owe him a boatload still. I'm sure he isn't fretting too much

His style of play is the same style the Grizz still play
01-16-2016 03:10 PM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
(01-16-2016 03:10 PM)Dynamos Wrote:  
(01-16-2016 06:59 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  Not surprising. Lionel hasn't changed one bit. He's essentially a "Bill Belichik" personality with less of a game plan and less control. His style of play doesn't work in the NBA.

And, took the grizz to the western finals....01-wingedeagle the problem is the grizz have consistently traded away every shooter they ever get. And then go get washed up veterans. The problem isn't our style of play. Curry is great, a once in a lifetime player. Teams trying to revamp their style of play to fit the mold of the warriors are chasing fools gold. The grizz way is a proven style that wins. They just need to stop being idiots in regards to unnecessary trades.
01-16-2016 06:03 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(01-16-2016 06:03 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  

And, took the grizz to the western finals....01-wingedeagle the problem is the grizz have consistently traded away every shooter they ever get. And then go get washed up veterans. The problem isn't our style of play. Curry is great, a once in a lifetime player. Teams trying to revamp their style of play to fit the mold of the warriors are chasing fools gold. The grizz way is a proven style that wins. They just need to stop being idiots in regards to unnecessary trades.

this isn't college, and you gotta pay to play...the Grizz aren't willing to pay the money it takes to keep 5-6 core guys around forever like the Spurs.
01-17-2016 09:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Briskbas Offline
Heisman

(01-16-2016 06:59 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  ...
His style of play doesn't work in the NBA.

lolwut
01-17-2016 04:36 PM
Advertisement

Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(01-17-2016 09:10 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

this isn't college, and you gotta pay to play...the Grizz aren't willing to pay the money it takes to keep 5-6 core guys around forever like the Spurs.

Conley - 9 seasons
Gasol - 8 seasons
Zach Randolph - 7 seasons
Tony Allen - 6 seasons

Unless you are upset about Gay and Mayo, I don't think that's the problem.

The Spurs had probably the best power forward of all time to build around for twenty years. The Grizz don't have any hall of famers and haven't since the run started.
01-17-2016 05:58 PM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

(01-17-2016 04:36 PM)Briskbas Wrote:  

lolwut

He did some great things in Memphis, but he has an overall career losing record. While in Brooklyn, he had a record of 48-71. The game is passing him by and he's too damn stubborn to change.
01-18-2016 12:38 PM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(01-17-2016 05:58 PM)Latilleon Wrote:  
(01-17-2016 09:10 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

Conley - 9 seasons
Gasol - 8 seasons
Zach Randolph - 7 seasons
Tony Allen - 6 seasons

Unless you are upset about Gay and Mayo, I don't think that's the problem.

The Spurs had probably the best power forward of all time to build around for twenty years. The Grizz don't have any hall of famers and haven't since the run started.

If Lionel had his way. Zbo and Allen would be gone and Gay would still be here along with Qpon and Xavier Henry
01-22-2016 10:19 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(01-18-2016 12:38 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  
(01-17-2016 04:36 PM)Briskbas Wrote:  

lolwut

He did some great things in Memphis, but he has an overall career losing record. While in Brooklyn, he had a record of 48-71. The game is passing him by and he's too damn stubborn to change.

at Memphis, he caught lightning in a bottle. He also had some decent GMs who could get him some talent that could play his style of basketball.
01-23-2016 03:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Despite some Griz fan's protestations and grumbling at the time, the FO was wise in letting Hollins go.
01-23-2016 03:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.