Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USA Today Final Grades NIU
Bookmark and Share
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
USA Today Final Grades NIU
Well, I guess a B- is better than a C+. Feels like we should be a solid C.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca.../78670874/
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2016 09:53 AM by MileHighHuskie.)
01-15-2016 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: USA Today Final Grades NIU
Rather generous considering we didn't win any of our P-5 games and got blown out in both postseason games.
01-15-2016 10:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-15-2016 10:07 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Rather generous considering we didn't win any of our P-5 games and got blown out in both postseason games.

Showing up strong at OSU, and beating Western M and Toledo got us in the B range.
01-15-2016 10:37 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(01-15-2016 10:37 AM)MileHighHuskie Wrote:  
(01-15-2016 10:07 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Rather generous considering we didn't win any of our P-5 games and got blown out in both postseason games.

Showing up strong at OSU, and beating Western M and Toledo got us in the B range.

Toledo: B
Temple A UT 32 Temple 17
Arkansas State A- UT 37 Arkansas State 7
Bowling Green A- UT 44 BGSUX 28
Arkansas B+ UT 16 Arkansas 12
01-15-2016 10:45 AM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
We played extremely well and coached extremely well against Toledo and Western Michigan. Our defense played over our heads against Ohio State, but our offense couldn't follow suit -- BC as well. The performances against CMU and Ohio were extremely disappointing. As for the MAC title game and bowl game, the injuries devastated our chances, but it appeared we had no fight or pride to go out and compete and overcome the obvious hardships thrown our way. Hopefully, Coach U and Coach Kane can help Coach Carey revitalized the Huskies this offseason, because we looked impotent in the last three games. We had way too many playmakers to look so bad in those games. Let's find the best way to utilize all our weapons. I don't feel like we did that well this year. I hope they take a good hard look at the offense and make the necessary changes. Getting a new OC was definitely a good start... Considering our potential I'd give us a C-.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2016 10:50 AM by badmoonrising13.)
01-15-2016 10:46 AM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
(01-15-2016 10:45 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(01-15-2016 10:37 AM)MileHighHuskie Wrote:  

Toledo: B
Temple A UT 32 Temple 17
Arkansas State A- UT 37 Arkansas State 7
Bowling Green A- UT 44 BGSUX 28
Arkansas B+ UT 16 Arkansas 12

I'm not sure if they made criteria, but I'm betting head to head was not part of his criteria.

It's probably based on expectations, performance, and end result. Temple had its best season in ages.

Arkansas was super competitive and had big wins. Yes they lost to Toledo.

But with your thought process, NIU should have gotten a better grade than Toledo. Maybe Toledo got a B because they lost two HUGE games in conference play and were expected to win the conference.
01-15-2016 07:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.