Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Next Republican Debate Participants Set
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
The participants qualifying for the prime-time, 9 p.m. ET debate are:

Billionaire businessman Donald Trump; Texas Sen. Ted Cruz; Florida Sen. Marco Rubio; retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson; New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie; former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush; and Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

The participants qualifying for the earlier, 6 p.m. ET debate are:

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul; former HP CEO Carly Fiorina; former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee; and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum.

However, the Paul campaign said Monday night it does not plan to participate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/...tcmp=hpbt4
01-11-2016 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
RE: Next Republican Debate Participants Set
Why Bush and Kasich? They are like at 2%.
01-11-2016 08:55 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(01-11-2016 08:55 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Why Bush and Kasich? They are like at 2%.

Top 6 in recent national polls or top 5 in Iowa or NH polls.

It would have been better to have top 4 national and/or top 4 Iowa or NH. That would have winnowed it down to 4 or 5.
01-11-2016 09:12 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

That's 7. They keep letting the rif raf in.
01-11-2016 09:19 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(01-11-2016 08:55 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Why Bush and Kasich? They are like at 2%.

Bush isn't quite that low. And a poll the other day showed Bush in 2nd and Kasich in 3rd in NH.
01-11-2016 09:22 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2016 09:22 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Bush isn't quite that low. And a poll the other day showed Bush in 2nd and Kasich in 3rd in NH.

Nobody wants to watch those low energy MF'ers.
01-11-2016 09:28 PM
Advertisement

Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

I Root For: nothing
Since I just moved to Texas and it'll swing R no matter what, I'm voting Johnson. This field sickens me to no end.
01-11-2016 10:05 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
I would keep Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Carson until his numbers drop some more, and Bush until he runs out of money. The rest of these fools are just taking up space with no hope of winning. If they want to be VP or Secretary of something, I think we have enough on tape now to see if they are worthy. We should learn from 4 years ago and quit subjecting our possible nominee to 8 million debates with 4 million candidates that aren't going to be the nominee.
01-11-2016 10:12 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2016 10:12 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  I would keep Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Carson until his numbers drop some more, and Bush until he runs out of money. The rest of these fools are just taking up space with no hope of winning. If they want to be VP or Secretary of something, I think we have enough on tape now to see if they are worthy. We should learn from 4 years ago and quit subjecting our possible nominee to 8 million debates with 4 million candidates that aren't going to be the nominee.

Jeb would be a good VP, it's in his blood.
01-11-2016 10:13 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
So their will be two clown cars.
01-11-2016 10:19 PM
pharaoh0 Offline

(01-11-2016 10:13 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  
(01-11-2016 10:12 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  I would keep Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Carson until his numbers drop some more, and Bush until he runs out of money. The rest of these fools are just taking up space with no hope of winning. If they want to be VP or Secretary of something, I think we have enough on tape now to see if they are worthy. We should learn from 4 years ago and quit subjecting our possible nominee to 8 million debates with 4 million candidates that aren't going to be the nominee.

I think Jeb is pretty much done. IF it wasn't for his money, I would have written him off long ago. If he cannot finish in the top 3 in NH, he should drop out. He isn't going to win in the South and I'm not sure where he gets a foothold.

I think he would be a good VP. I don't think he really has the want to be President anyway.
01-11-2016 10:23 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(01-11-2016 09:28 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  
(01-11-2016 09:22 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Nobody wants to watch those low energy MF'ers.

I don't want any of the worthless top 4. If that stays we're guaranteed to have at least 4 more years of really bad presidents. Trump, Hillary, Sanders and Carson are clueless, Cruz gets everyone to hate him, Rubio is too green.
01-11-2016 10:26 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

The last person we want with their finger on the red button is a high energy shoot from the hip person. We need somebody who thinks before shooting off their mouth or a cruise missile.
01-11-2016 10:28 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

We need a winner who isn't bought. Get on the Trumpwagon.
01-11-2016 10:32 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(01-11-2016 10:23 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  

I think Jeb is pretty much done. IF it wasn't for his money, I would have written him off long ago. If he cannot finish in the top 3 in NH, he should drop out. He isn't going to win in the South and I'm not sure where he gets a foothold.

I think he would be a good VP. I don't think he really has the want to be President anyway.

2 out of Bush, Christie and Kasich will drop out after New Hampshire. And maybe 3 out of those + Rubio. South Carolina will have Trump, Cruz, 1 or 2 out of that group and maybe Carson and Fiorina hanging around. Paul and Huckabee drop out after Iowa. Santorum after Iowa or NH. Gilmore drops out whenever he gets bored, which could be tomorrow. Could be after Super Tuesday. Carson and Fiorina drop out no later than South Carolina unless Carson does surprisingly well. Then he lasts through Super Tuesday.
01-11-2016 10:34 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(01-11-2016 10:32 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  We need a winner who isn't bought. Get on the Trumpwagon.

That's why Trump doesn't like Jeb. He tried to buy him and failed.
01-11-2016 10:35 PM
Advertisement

pharaoh0 Offline

(01-11-2016 10:34 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(01-11-2016 10:23 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  

2 out of Bush, Christie and Kasich will drop out after New Hampshire. And maybe 3 out of those + Rubio. South Carolina will have Trump, Cruz, 1 or 2 out of that group and maybe Carson and Fiorina hanging around. Paul and Huckabee drop out after Iowa. Santorum after Iowa or NH. Gilmore drops out whenever he gets bored, which could be tomorrow. Could be after Super Tuesday. Carson and Fiorina drop out no later than South Carolina unless Carson does surprisingly well. Then he lasts through Super Tuesday.

I don't think so. The GOP has kept this process open to people regardless of their polling. There is no reason to drop out because there is no loss of publicity. The GOP should restrict future debates to 6...then make it 5...then make it 4. When people cannot get on stage they'll start dropping out.

But with 8 million debates, all you need is a coach airfare ticket to stay in the race.
01-11-2016 10:45 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Jesus, how many of these are there?
01-11-2016 11:52 PM
Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ron Paul
**** all of you that don't support Rand Paul and personal liberty/freedom. I can't wait to see this country collapse due to the idiocracy of America. I'm ******* out of here. God Damned Bull Mother ******* ****.
01-12-2016 01:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I was hoping Jeb would go away.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 01:03 AM by HeartOfDixie.)
01-12-2016 01:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.