01-07-2016 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
RE: 2019 QB prospect
Fellow Rocket Fans:
Notice the poster has the QB's name in it.

Although we love talking recruiting on this board, and like to follow the recruits whenever possible, we must be careful with what we say on this thread. If this the young man, we are glad for his interest in our fine university and it's football program. Or if it is a family member of his, welcome aboard also. However, we (athletic boosters) could be unknowingly committing NCAA violations with how and what interaction occurs on this thread........

Personally, as a Tennessean, I think the football team could a little more class provided for from the Volunteer State.... 05-stirthepot
01-07-2016 05:49 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
You can google that id and find it all over various message boards. It's a pimp.

No class being shown there.
01-07-2016 07:03 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Kudos to you for your shameless self promotion. There's an advertising career ahead of you.
01-07-2016 07:09 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Nothing to worry about. I called the kid and told him we would be offering him a full ride and a guarantee that he will start as a freshman if he comes to UT. He thought I was talking about University of Tennessee, so we don't have to worry about sanctions being thrown at us - but Tennessee will need to worry now.

His real last name is Kidd. Cisco is his middle name.
01-07-2016 07:11 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
(01-07-2016 07:03 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  You can google that id and find it all over various message boards. It's a pimp.

We actually agree on something for once. I reported his post as spam right when it was made
01-07-2016 07:48 PM
Advertisement

RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Want it deleted? Your wish is my command. 04-cheers
01-07-2016 07:57 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Sounds like somebody is trying to get an offer from Iowa State.
01-07-2016 11:43 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(01-07-2016 11:43 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  Sounds like somebody is trying to get an offer from Iowa State.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
01-08-2016 03:00 AM
Terry Offline
All American

(01-08-2016 03:00 AM)RangerRocket Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 11:43 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  Sounds like somebody is trying to get an offer from Iowa State.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

04-clap2 04-clap2 04-clap2
01-08-2016 01:56 PM
theciscoshow Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Canes
(01-07-2016 07:03 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  You can google that id and find it all over various message boards. It's a pimp.

Pimp my ass, I am his dad. I just watched a very good QB, Sr. at my sons school get very few offers because he was not promoted. My son will have to be good enough, (and he is likely to be) hype cannot get a scholarship but talent alone is not enough these days.

Another thing, don't be such a dick.

PS - Since CBS owns 247Sports, not me, being listed there has to do with perceived potential, not me. So again, don't be such a dick.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2016 02:30 PM by theciscoshow.)
01-14-2016 02:29 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-14-2016 02:29 PM)theciscoshow Wrote:  

Pimp my ass, I am his dad. I just watched a very good QB, Sr. at my sons school get very few offers because he was not promoted. My son will have to be good enough, (and he is likely to be) hype cannot get a scholarship but talent alone is not enough these days.

PS - Since CBS owns 247Sports, not me, being listed there has to do with perceived potential, not me. So again, don't be such a dick.

You're pimping your kid. It's that simple.

Read the comments. The general consensus seems to be that YOU'RE the one being the "dick." You think coaches are going to want to deal with you?

There are a LOT better ways to get your kid out there. Perhaps the better approach on sports message boards would be to search for those threads discussing the topic or to ask. There are plenty of coaches, former players and the like that could give you advice for a route that doesn't make you appear unseemly.
01-14-2016 05:09 PM
Terry Offline
All American

Mr. Cisco

No doubt you are very proud of your son (as you should be). Good for you for letting the world know of your son's talents.

However......
We on this board love our Alma Mater (The University of Toledo) and our Rockets. Although we do complain about them too much some times. No rose colored glasses around here. Because this message board is made up of alumni and Rocket sports fans and ticket holders, we are considered "athletic boosters" of The University of Toledo by the overreaching NCAA. As such, we, members of this athletic message board, by NCAA rules, are not allowed to converse or have contact to a prospective recruit, their family members (like you) , or anyone associated with their recruitment (such as his coach). Not our rules....it their rules..... Obviously, we are glad you and your son are interested in "the best kept secret in college football" and are welcome to follow along on this board. However, we as members are not technically allow to respond to your posts or converse with you, and have nothing to do with recruiting. If you would like to post updates on this board that is entirely up to you. After all this is open to the public.....

Here is what you and your son needs to do.
1. Contact and send game film and his vital stats to Coach Candle, the new offensive coordinator, and the recruiting coordinator. (as he gets older send additional film to show his progress)
2. Plan to attend summer football camp at The University of Toledo run by the coaching staff each year starting with this summer so the staff can get an up close view of your son and also they can measure him as a person physically and mentally.
3. Attend one home Saturday night game each year if passible. I suggest the Fresno State game this year in September. (There is nothing cooler than a night game in the Glass Bowl)
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2016 05:15 PM by Terry.)
01-14-2016 05:11 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
Spam
01-14-2016 05:23 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-14-2016 05:23 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  Spam

Seen this on message boards in the past, over excited parent so presuming he is what he's saying, all it's ever done is make their kid the butt of message board jokes. Most would just presume it's the kid himself or some wanna-be buddy/agent trying to impress the kid (does "Manny" ring a bell?).

So poor decision making in the best of circumstances and if it is "Dad," does the kid even know this is being done?
01-14-2016 05:31 PM
Terry Offline
All American

(01-14-2016 05:31 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

Seen this on message boards in the past, over excited parent so presuming he is what he's saying, all it's ever done is make their kid the butt of message board jokes. Most would just presume it's the kid himself or some wanna-be buddy/agent trying to impress the kid (does "Manny" ring a bell?).

So poor decision making in the best of circumstances and if it is "Dad," does the kid even know this is being done?

As I was pointing out to "dad" that it's not up for us to decide if the son is Rocket material. And if dad is real or his son is "for real", we as UT Athletic Boosters are not allowed to communicate with either of them anyway.
01-14-2016 06:11 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-14-2016 06:11 PM)Terry Wrote:  

As I was pointing out to "dad" that it's not up for us to decide if the son is Rocket material. And if dad is real or his son is "for real", we as UT Athletic Boosters are not allowed to communicate with either of them anyway.

I don't know about you but I'm not a "UT Athletic Booster."
01-14-2016 06:14 PM
djsfw57 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Stephen F Austin, Toledo

Very classy. 05-nono
01-14-2016 06:42 PM
Terry Offline
All American

(01-14-2016 06:14 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

under NCAA rules...... no matter what YOU claim... they would consider you a UT Athletic Booster. Remember the NCAA is about penalizing schools not promoting.
01-14-2016 07:15 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-14-2016 07:15 PM)Terry Wrote:  
(01-14-2016 06:14 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

under NCAA rules...... no matter what YOU claim... they would consider you a UT Athletic Booster. Remember the NCAA is about penalizing schools not promoting.

I had to see more than something on a message board to convince me of that. Think of the implications? We couldn't talk to just about anyone in town and we're just some people on a message board.

I'm pretty sure, I'm hoping you've got that really wrong. And if correct, how would they look upon a player/player's Dad trying to contact said "booster," which is exactly what you're saying is occurring here. Actually, nearly everywhere since that ID shows up on boards other than csnbbs.
01-14-2016 07:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.